Scott Wright

Hopefully by the time Kents back he's had a proper run and in good enough form that Kent comes back desperate to turn it on and keep him out the team

The "evidence" you have produced is garbage, it is redundant numbers, Wright scored against Dunfermline in the Cup and Livvy bud.

The work of Kent is hard yards, belter of a cross to assist and get us back in a European tie, winning a penalty to get us back in a game away to a shit of a ground, that is the difference, that is what stats don't actually show.

You can't seriously think Wright is producing more than Kent even this season, this is a wee joke here right.

He is a decent add to the team we have more to worry about in our back line some players there who can't be mentioned are contributing zero to the team but the manager seems to think highly of them.
I haven’t came across anybody who can’t be, probably hasn’t been, mentioned.

He had a very quiet second half but I think taking him off was a mistake
I think the issue on Sunday was that you could’ve replaced any and all of the front six.
Oh, and any and all of the back five.

Last edited:
I think asking Wright to improve his end product is pretty reasonable. Got to become more consistent. Doesn’t mean you don’t rate him. I’d also like him to get on the ball more and just go at the opposition. He can be too tentative at times.
I think we need to ask all our front players to improve their end product? Our top scorer in europe certainly needs to improve his his ratio..

Like Lundstrum will wait and see but atm am more confident that Lundstrum will prove the better signing.

The "evidence" you have produced is garbage, it is redundant numbers, Wright scored against Dunfermline in the Cup and Livvy bud.

The work of Kent is hard yards, belter of a cross to assist and get us back in a European tie, winning a penalty to get us back in a game away to a shit of a ground, that is the difference, that is what stats don't actually show.

You can't seriously think Wright is producing more than Kent even this season, this is a wee joke here right.
I will rephrase that for you, bud, 2 assists. What don't the stats show? Ah the intricacies of Kent's failed passes, shite dribbling, ease of being dispossessed, garbage shooting.

At no point have I said Wright has been better than Kent, but I am pointing out that Kent has performed slightly better, albeit with more opportunities than Wright. Who knows what Wright's numbers would have been given the same opportunities.

You are full of shite pal.

Last edited:
I think he’s useful for games we’re winning 1-0 and coming off the bench to seal the game against a tired defence. Not for when Kent is injured and we need him to step up.

Last edited:
Far too early to be writing Scott Wright off. He is still young, still plenty of development possible. Personally I think he will have a good Rangers Career.
Only Wright can do something about that; if he's written off by me or anyone else on the Forum, why should that concern anyone here? If Wright is as good as many say he is what will opinions on here, for or against, do to affect him as a player?

I will rephrase that for you, bud, 2 assists. What don't the stats show? Ah the intricacies of Kent's failed passes, shite dribbling, ease of being dispossessed, garbage shooting.

At no point have I said Wright has been better than Kent, but I am pointing out that Kent has performed slightly better, albeit with more opportunities than Wright. Who knows what Wright's numbers would have been given the same opportunities.

You are full of shite pal.
Kent has more than 2 assists this season though remember….so you need to rephrase it again.

Ive already said what stats can mask pal, minutes played v Dunfermline aren’t the same as minutes played v Celtic etc and so on. I wouldn’t get hung up on ease of being disposed and poor decisions when dwelling on what could have been with Wright personally

Given Kent by your own omission has been better than Wright, seems a bit odd to then think Wrights numbers would be better with more minutes v better opposition. It’s also really not just about numbers, and numbers alone, the numbers come on the back of sensible football decisions which Kent makes far, far more often than Wright

You’re really verging on trying to imply Wright is better at football than Kent here, it’s quite the thing to read.

Wright is a perfectly able squad option, nothing wrong with that, Kent is one of our best players and despite not being at his best this season has still been putting in shifts and doesn’t hide, I highly doubt we get the spell we did on Sunday before the goal with Kent playing personally, he finds the ball gets us out at some stage and goes and gets us a foul

Last edited:
Like Lundstrum will wait and see but atm am more confident that Lundstrum will prove the better signing.
Not much of a surprise really, Lundstram is supposedly one of the highest earners at the club and came from the Premier League.
Scott Wright signed from Aberdeen where he was hardly a standout

That turn he does, and the speed is effective, but he chooses the wrong option too often and doesn't post numbers as has been said. Could improve, was a low risk signing.
I understand the concept of 'low risk signing in one sense, but on the other hand I don't think it makes sense if a player gets so much time in the side. This year we have signed Wright, Simpson, and Sakala, and in my opinion they haven't added to the quality of the squad. I like Lundstram, and think he will come good, but those other three players are not what this side has needed; they don't replace Defoe, Itten, Katic or Arfield, in terms of quality.

Wright offers very little when it comes to final product. That’s probably why he wasn’t ever a regular starter at Aberdeen.

good technical player, with great pace. I still have slim hope Gerrard and beale can improve him, but right now he’s way down the pecking order.

I think he's a decent impact player but he's not a starter yet. Too wayward and inconsistent atm. Has the tools to get better. Might never be in the same league as Kent in terms of quality but he could be a handy player in the future. If he works on his final ball.

Hooked at half time. But aye, he’s a better option than Ryan Kent.

A half fit Kent is streets ahead.
Wright an impact sub for me at the moment and a good one at that there's plenty coaching and improving in him yet

But your right Kent is miles ahead of him but Kent still has to contribute and hit form something he's failed to do this season

He’s shown he can be good, he’s young and has plenty development in him. He’s not had a great few games but who has? Kent has had many bad games as well but we all still love him because he can produce magic when he’s on it and lifts the team. Obviously Kent is the main man but Wright def has talent and will keep getting better.

Think he is better as an impact sub just now but a couple goals and some confidence could see him playing much better.

Wright is "almost" a fantastic player but he's not there yet.

I would say the same about Aribo. Very frustrating to watch. If he can sort our decision making we would have a world beater on our hands

Wright an impact sub for me at the moment and a good one at that there's plenty coaching and improving in him yet

But your right Kent is miles ahead of him but Kent still has to contribute and hit form something he's failed to do this season
When Kent hits form he offers a heck of a lot more then Wright.

When Kent hits form he offers a heck of a lot more then Wright.
Give wright a bit of time overall he has been a good player for us, bassey struggled last season and has been better this season, hagi has just recently started to be consistently good, last season was subbed a lot,, Ryan Kent has never hit the heights this season nit even close, but he's a huge fav of Gerrard.

Back