Scott Wright

Runs around a lot and presses the game well, but a real lack of creativity and quality when in 1 on 1 positions. Parts of his game remind me of Windass’s style. Come January that’s a year he’s been there and unless he starts producing end products more consistently I can see him being phased out like the Ojo/Barkers/Jones/Stewart’s/Grezda/ Laffertys/Murphys/Middletons and the rest who’ve tried and failed in that role.
When you think about it our recruitment in those wide 10 positions over the years has been pretty shocking except Kent and Hagi, with Aribo and Arfield having to step into them

He played well first half for sure. Gerrard putting Bacuna on weakened us.

Bacuna offered far more attacking wise in his time on the park on Saturday than Wright has had in several games. At least Bacuna was able to create some decent chances that should have resulted in goals.

What weakend us wasn't the addition of Bacuna, it was the removal of Aribo and Hagi who were two of the only decent performances. If we put Bacuna, Aribo and Hagi behind Roofe for the last 30 mins we would have probably won about 3-0.

Wright pretty much epitomises our season so far. Flatters to deceive and on the most part just plain poor.

We should have been signing players who were good enough for the Champions League and Wright isn't even good enough for the Europa. Greg Stewart offered more than him.

Bacuna offered far more attacking wise in his time on the park on Saturday than Wright has had in several games. At least Bacuna was able to create some decent chances that should have resulted in goals.

What weakend us wasn't the addition of Bacuna, it was the removal of Aribo and Hagi who were two of the only decent performances. If we put Bacuna, Aribo and Hagi behind Roofe for the last 30 mins we would have probably won about 3-0.

Wright pretty much epitomises our season so far. Flatters to deceive and on the most part just plain poor.

We should have been signing players who were good enough for the Champions League and Wright isn't even good enough for the Europa. Greg Stewart offered more than him.

Bacuna offered nothing defensively, and that’s when Hearts came into the game. Wright was defending from the front as part of a tight unit, that all went to shit when Bacuna came on.

We didn’t need someone coming on to create chances, we needed to continue doing what we were doing, as we were completely dominant up to that point.

Was a bit of a meh signing to begin with but he started well and got me excited at his potential. Has all went a bit meh again…

Bacuna offered nothing defensively, and that’s when Hearts came into the game. Wright was defending from the front as part of a tight unit, that all went to shit when Bacuna came on.

We didn’t need someone coming on to create chances, we needed to continue doing what we were doing, as we were completely dominant up to that point.
That's a perfect summary, wright was at back helping out alot.

I appreciate maybe Gerrard's hands were tied today regards him with Kent out injured, Sakala I assume not back from international duty in Africa and Roofe only fit for a place on the bench due to getting back late last night.

But aye, I agree.

Wright's decision-making is terrible.

Offers us nothing from the start. I'm a wee bit worried Gerrard doesn't see this and he's a bit of a favourite of his.
Sakala was on the bench

Wee wright has no end product sadly that’s why we got him for free from aberdeen. You get a burst of energy for 20 minutes from him where he will harass defenders and make some good runs, after that it’s like playing with 10 men. Sorry if that seems harsh but that’s my genuine appraisal of the lad. I’d start Sakala over him for me Sakala seems to at least realise he’s on the park to try and score goals

All this about impact sub? What impact has he had coming on as a sub?

Like others, I had hopes for him but he seems to have regressed. Makes the wrong decision too often and gets caught on the ball too.

Not good enough I'm afraid.

Back