Scott Wright

Most of his decent stuff is not in a dangerous area.

Has the ability, but for me has no appetite at times to get into the box or take more responsibility in the final third, where it matters.

Sorry but I disagree. I think he’s adding a lot to our play. He makes the odd mistake (who didn’t) but overall contributes well.
I think it was important that we had a player of similar style to stand in for Kent. Wright has done that by and large. Kent will replace him when he’s back to full fitness. I guess it’s why we have a squad.

I was at the game and I'm bemused with this Tosh, in the first half especially he caused them no end of trouble with his pace and workrate ffs and our management made a pure balls of the subs Bacuna is nothing and not showing as if he is going to produce and captain calaminity James getting selected before Patterson is a joke so look around at our problems without picking up on one player.

Well that’s quite a lot to get wrong in just a few sentences.

Squad player at best. Sooner Kent is back the better, we've badly missed an in form Kent this season.

Doesn't score or set-up enough to be a starter in a Rangers team.

3 goals and 2 assists in 25 appearances now.
Did Kent not have similar stats in his full season not saying he will make it but maybe sometimes stats can be misleading especially with what player can offer defensively

Still waiting on him delivering. Hooked again after contributing very little. He doesn’t do any where near enough for this team.
In his defence,
in games, including today, he makes a run three yards or so through the opponent’s, nobody sees it to go over the top.
that’s his strength, his speed.
if not going give him the ball, he shouldn’t play.

I thought he played okay today but the issue with him is that he doesn't provide enough goals and assists. He never has.

We need better.

He looks lightweight, gets tackled far too easily. We need Kent back.

I think our subs were with Thursday in mind and it bit us in the arse.

Wright, Hagi and Aribo will all play on Thursday night in a must win.

Thought he was quite active in the 1st half but faded in the 2nd. He was the only real pace we had and when he was replaced, Hearts were able to push higher without fear of being done in behind, not the first time Gerrard had made that mistake.

I'll go against the grain. I thought he had a really good first half and caused them lots of problems by running at them with pace. I think sometimes the end product isn't quite there as he's in and out of the team and maybe those understandings with other players aren't quite there.
Agree in part.
He always starts off bright and falls away.
Starts a game like he’ll be MOM.
Can’t understand if playing him why we don’t use his pace and go over the top/channels…

Reminds me (hope he is more successful) of Windass

I've been very critical of Wright, but he played quite well in the first half. Perhaps he needs our backing, because today there was evidence of a fine player there. Hopefully he improves on that and plays like it more often.

When he first got into the team off the bench he looked like he was a very direct and dangerous option, but he has faded badly and just never looks like he's going to affect the game in any meaningful way.
Not worth a starting spot just now.

We got worse when he went off. Too many looking at the goals and assists table, whilst ignoring a lot of the work he does on the field that can’t be put in a stat, particularly defensively.

Hes got no end product but I thought he was playing the team game well today

He was tracking back tackling getting in their faces working his arse off

We cant sign guys from Aberdeens bench and expect them to be Ryan Kents he couldn't lace his boots and never will

He tends to look very bright for about the first 5 or 10 minutes he's on the park, then fades out of it.

Hes got no end product but I thought he was playing the team game well today

He was tracking back tackling getting in their faces working his arse off

We cant sign guys from Aberdeens bench and expect them to be Ryan Kents he couldn't lace his boots and never will
Depends what you mean by an end product. He played some nice passes around the box, in the first-half.

Back