Scott Wright

Thought he done well in the first 30-35 minutes.

Fell out of the game 2nd half though.

The lad has talent and needs development but he has barely any end product and it shows.

Other than running at players and doing the odd half turn he doesn't have much impact on games.

Get back Kent back asap.

He's a back up for Kent, and a bit better than barker
The problem is we don't have a plan B when Kent is out that's been evident since the day he arrived and there never has been adequate cover.

Sakala made a name for himself in Belgium playing on the left flank before becoming a striker why not start him ?

Roofe at times with Leeds played on the left hand side of a front three and did a good job.

What do our management do ? Persist with a project signing someone with little creativity or end product.

Fucking baffling.

He has something about him that I do like, but the reality is, he offers us about as much as Jordan Jones or Brandon Barker offered us in seasons gone by, in terms of end product.

Was a low risk signing

His level is aberdeen not us

Even my Dundee mates says he was bang average for them

I'll go against the grain. I thought he had a really good first half and caused them lots of problems by running at them with pace. I think sometimes the end product isn't quite there as he's in and out of the team and maybe those understandings with other players aren't quite there.
I’m joining you. I must have watched a different game. Thought he was very lively, contributed to some decent moves around the box and more than played his part. Disappointed to se him subbed.

Did a lot more than the player who came on for him
Doesn’t quite excuse the performance though does it

Being less shite than shiter isn’t really a positive

I’d argue, although I think Bacuna is not good enough, he at least created 2 clear cut chances he was probably more effective going forward, it’s splitting hairs over who was worse

The problem is we don't have a plan B when Kent is out that's been evident since the day he arrived and there never has been adequate cover.

Sakala made a name for himself in Belgium playing on the left flank before becoming a striker why not start him ?

Roofe at times with Leeds played on the left hand side of a front three and did a good job.

What do our management do ? Persist with a project signing someone with little creativity or end product.

Fucking baffling.
Spot on.

Still trying to escalate himself to the demands of being a Rangers first team player for me . Yes he applies himself to the team tasks and yes he has pace and directness which are both premium skills .

Feels to me like he needs to mentally develop some strength and fortitude for the first team challenges .

imo was the obvious player to be subbed today albeit I may have went for Sakala over bacuna at that point but it seems like SG had plans to get Roofe on so I can see why he wouldn’t have wanted to have those two plus Alfredo as his frontline three so Bacuna made some sense in that context to me

He’s shown that he’s a good impact sub but also that he’s not good enough to be a starter since Kent’s injury gave him his chance.

Barely creates or scores goals. That’s got to change.

Saying that the rest of the forwards are in the same boat though they have at least proved it in the past.

He's been ineffective this season. Did better off the bench last year. I think he's struggling to adjust to playing in front of 50k fans with high expectation levels.

He is not good enough, it is as simple as that.

His lack of numbers is further exacerbated by Morelos’ concerning lack of goals.

He's had some good games coming on fresh and showing directness and intent. This is his wheelhouse IMO, an impact sub not a starter. Don't want to start berating the boy, the whole squad is going through a slump. Look at how Lundstram has turned it round.

Don’t see why he was hooked ahead of Morelos who is a much bigger problem than Wright. At least Wright links up well in many of our more promising moves.

An Impact sub when the game is stretched on the evidence I’ve seen, contributing something meaningful every 5 games isn’t anywhere near enough. Unfortunately at the top end of the pitch we have nobody contributing consistently other than Roofe perhaps.

I was at the game and I'm bemused with this Tosh, in the first half especially he caused them no end of trouble with his pace and workrate ffs and our management made a pure balls of the subs Bacuna is nothing and not showing as if he is going to produce and captain calaminity James getting selected before Patterson is a joke so look around at our problems without picking up on one player.

Bacuna laid a chance on a plate for Roofe with a lovely through ball.

Wright was far from the worst player in the park he did run out of steam though.

He’s a free from the Sheep and is still learning, Will he be good enough long term I am not sure.

Wright was far from the worst player in the park he did run out of steam though.

He’s a free from the Sheep and is still learning, Will he be good enough long term I am not sure.
Hes 24 not 18.

In the games Ive seen him start he looks unimpressive, drifting about while never looking consistently dangerous. Hes not scoring goals, hes not creating clear cut chances and hes not influencing the game enough.

Hes also unlikely to get much better than he already is, all of which suggests hes not really good enough for Rangers.

Hes 24 not 18.

In the games Ive seen him start he looks unimpressive, drifting about while never looking consistently dangerous. Hes not scoring goals, hes not creating clear cut chances and hes not influencing the game enough.

Hes also unlikely to get much better than he already is, all of which suggests hes not really good enough for Rangers.
The management team have brought him in as they think he can be improved I am not sure if he will be but you at least can’t fault his effort.

Sorry but I disagree. I think he’s adding a lot to our play. He makes the odd mistake (who didn’t) but overall contributes well.
When he was substituted it all started falling apart, gerrards fall guy, he was doing ok..it was 2 different teams out there again yesterday, unrecognisable from first half

Thought he played well first half and linked up well. He does fade a bit around 60 mins though may be due to not playing many full 90’s to help with his match fitness. Lundstram probably suffered with that early on but now is coming good. I think he always looks like he could be dangerous with his touch and burst of pace. I agree he hasn’t made himself undroppable but I wouldn’t write him off just yet. There are many in our team at the moment in just the same boat, (and many worse). Why he was hooked ahead of Morelos Is bewildering.

He's neat and tidy on the ball and can play in tight spaces, but he doesn't look like he's going to post the numbers required. Tbf, he's not the only one in the front 3 not contributing just now.

He's shite. Sorry to type that but he is.

Don't know why he gained such a fan club, probably because of that story where he put 4 kilo on in muscle and everyone was impressed.

He has some good attributes such as his pace, work rate and he can beat players. We clearly signed him thinking we could develop his end product but it is not really happening for him just now.

You can see why Kent always starts even when badly off form

Back