Scott Wright

He works hard, but flatters to deceive.

I thought he might improve with more game time, but the opposite has happened.

He doesn't create much, never looks like chipping in with many goals, & gives away stupid fouls when we have teams on the back foot.

He's going to contribute as much as Jordan Jones did.

I disagree with that... he is far to easily dispossessed and knocked off the ball he does not have the physicality for teams like hearts ...murderwell and the sheep .. were we need to dig in a bit.
Sorry but I disagree. I think he’s adding a lot to our play. He makes the odd mistake (who didn’t) but overall contributes well.

Wright and Sakala are too lightweight. Too easily and constantly pushed off the ball.

Can't see them nailing down a place in the team long term. I might be pulling the trigger too quickly but don't think they are good enough.

He's probably best as an impact sub with 20-30 minutes of the game remaining and using his speed to stretch the game when players are tired.

Really doesn't have the quality to start games especially in Europe.

It’s very rare that any of these clubs produce decent players.

It’s very rare we produce our own decent players.

The idea we shouldn’t be looking at taking punts on decent Scottish potential….

Jesus Christ, where to begin with that

It’s very rare we produce our own decent players.

The idea we shouldn’t be looking at taking punts on decent Scottish potential….

Jesus Christ, where to begin with that
We should keep an eye on all leagues, but the standard in Scotland is woeful and it was pretty obvious Scott Wright was never going to amount to much

We should keep an eye on all leagues, but the standard in Scotland is woeful and it was pretty obvious Scott Wright was never going to amount to much

Pretty obvious was it.

You’re wasted on here when clearly you should be heading up the scouting department, passing your infinite wisdom on who will and won’t amount to anything

Definitely agree with this post. The lad has got pace and skill but yesterday don't know how many times he was knocked off the ball far too easily.

Pretty obvious was it.

You’re wasted on here when clearly you should be heading up the scouting department, passing your infinite wisdom on who will and won’t amount to anything
Yes, it was very obvious. How many good players have Aberdeen produced in the last 15 years?

Yes, it was very obvious. How many good players have Aberdeen produced in the last 15 years?

Haven’t counted for them or any other club. Don’t see what the point is in that regard either.

The management felt he had potential to work within our system (and he does, catching the eye often, albeit lacking the numbers).

We also signed Brandon Barker who came from Man City based on his potential to fit into the system.

i know some people here would prefer we just signed English players but signing good Scottish talent is a crucial market for Rangers

Scott Wright first half yesterday showed more than he usually does, however he dies a death on the 60 min mark in games.
He's not turning into the player I hoped he would and is basically an upgrade on Brandon Barker.
Fast regressing into a Sheep player again

Scott Wright looks fairly ineffective to me. Good pace but no end product. Often stopped, knocked off balance or just fizzles out.

He had a couple of flashes yesterday but still nowhere near enough or of the level required to be in the starting 11.

Currently looks a downgrade on Glenn Middleton

His only contribution to a game is either fall on his arse looking for a free kick or give away a cheap foul.
He has done absolutely nothing to suggest he will be a Rangers player long term.

In 60 minutes he won 2/7 duals. 1/2 dribbles succeeded. He failed to attempt to make a single tackle. He really doesn’t carry the ball enough or well enough when in possession.

Will phase out just like Barker.

The minute Wright was taken off we lost forward momentum, add in Aribo substitution and those were the turning point in yesterday's game.
Whilst Wright may not be everyone's cup of tea, and may not have the assists and goals to back up his play, his link up of midfield to forward areas is imho his strength.

Didn't create much yesterday I agree but we missed his workrate and tracking back when he went off

Michael Smith had tons of room on the right hand side.Don't know what Bacunas role was when he came on ,whether he should have filled the left hand side ?

In 60 minutes he won 2/7 duals. 1/2 dribbles succeeded. He failed to attempt to make a single tackle. He really doesn’t carry the ball enough or well enough when in possession.

Will phase out just like Barker.
There were quite a few players that contributed even less,
strange why you single him out

he was involved in most of the good play in that first half, never hides

said it once and al say it again. Middleton is miles better than him, why we are loaning him out and playing Wright over him is baffling.

I think he's an honest player with some ability ideally he'd come off the bench but he is what he is-a player we got well within our budget with the intention to improve -his lack of genuine pace like Hagi is a problem when they start.

A section of the support vastly over rate him as the constant calls to see him replace Kent have shown.

said it once and al say it again. Middleton is miles better than him, why we are loaning him out and playing Wright over him is baffling.
I don't think there is much between them in all honest and Middleton predictably didn't have the best of pre seasons that's why he is back out on loan again.

It would appear Wright is a project/credible back up to Kent in the management's eyes something I find alarming.

Remember Wright lost a good year and a bit to a bad knee injury and played in a horrific long ball Aberdeen team so he is effectively playing catch up to develop quickly and I think that's starting to show.

Last edited:
Haven’t counted for them or any other club. Don’t see what the point is in that regard either.

The management felt he had potential to work within our system (and he does, catching the eye often, albeit lacking the numbers).

We also signed Brandon Barker who came from Man City based on his potential to fit into the system.

i know some people here would prefer we just signed English players but signing good Scottish talent is a crucial market for Rangers
The point is Scotland is a shit league and there’s very little quality. It isn’t a league we should be focusing on for players, unless they’re kids we can develop ourselves.

The way he bounced off one of their players was embarrassing.

He’ll get until May to shape up and if he doesn’t, he’ll be off.

Yesterday was the first I have seen Wright live in person. I watched him closely. The lad has ability, no doubt. But his biggest flaw is the runs he is making. He is coming short when he should be the option in behind, often killing another player's space when doing so. He is going long when he should be going short, when the pass is simply not there. I am confident good coaching will develop him into a good player for us

The boy had a decent first half yesterday. Was a bit of a thorn in their side. We then started playing high balls to him in the second half which cut him out the game. Still baffled they took him off for Bacuna right enough. I’ll not go any further with my feelings on that substitution.

The minute Wright was taken off we lost forward momentum, add in Aribo substitution and those were the turning point in yesterday's game.
Whilst Wright may not be everyone's cup of tea, and may not have the assists and goals to back up his play, his link up of midfield to forward areas is imho his strength.
This thread is full of ignorant assessments on Wrights performance yesterday, but not yours. I said in another post Alfredo cost us the match closely followed by the manager’s strange substitutions

He looked superb last season.

When he has been given a shot at a start this season he simply has not.

Up to him now for how he takes that forward.

I am not convinced he is better than Barker.

Hope im wrong but he is no more than a squad player. That said, we got worse as soon as he went off yesterday

Was expecting more from him by now. Good to bring on from the bench, not a man to star from the start however.

Back