Scott Wright

Until he adds a consistent end product then cameos from the bench seem to suit him more.

Has done very little of note whenever he's been given a start.

He lacks a bit of composure at the end of some of his moves but there is a player in there and he'll get that with more game time. Which, it would be nice to see him used more often, even as a sub. He can be very dangerous and he did manage to work himself into good positions and did manage a couple of decent crosses as well.

Has a part to play in games if high wide right.

His pace will cause teams to double up on him creating space.

If he could up his end product he’d be even better

He’s good but his decision making is poor. There was one point where he dribbled into the box with the defender on him and he was already at the byline yet he tried another turn outside instead of cutting in or turning back.

It’s that sort of decision making that prevents him from being a starter. He’s a good option off the bench but way off the standard of Kent and Sakala.

The tough thing is giving him enough game time which he needs to improve. If Gio has ideas on bringing in any more attackers I don’t know if he can even fit onto the bench.

Yes, he certainly troubled them, although a couple of times he took the wrong choice by staying wide when he had the defender roasted if he’d cut inside.

Good impact sub or maybe starter for this level of opponent. Final ball and decision making is an area for improvement.
This is exactly it. I dont think he's really good enough against good European opposition but hes a good option against most SPL teams.
He won't take us to the next level but he's a good squad player and I assume reasonably cheap

He’s absolutely rapid including running with the ball. Not a first team player but great option from the bench.

Agree that his decision making around the box is letting him down a bit. Still, he causes havoc with those bursts into their final third and hopefully Gio and the lads can help him with the end product.

Can only improve under Gio.
Has pace and skill but just needs to mix them together along with his decision making and he could be a much better player.

Direct right out of play 3 times

Boy tries, he’s fast and direct , but he’s fucking hopeless
Harsh!
The boy's got talent and pace to burn.
As a few have mentioned earlier, some top class coaching and even a run of games will see a real contender for more regular games.
I like him and feel he's got a lot to offer in the years to come.

Wright was very lively when he came on.

When the ball came to him you had a feeling like something positive was going to happen.

Not had that feeling from some of our “first picks” for a while.

Fantastic dribbler but his end product really holds him back.
Basically he’s not good enough.

Wasn’t before, hasn’t improved enough and is not 18 years old with his career ahead of him.

An interesting pick up by Gerrard and Rangers have tried their best with him, he’s just not done enough and it’s as simple as that.

He’s good but his decision making is poor. There was one point where he dribbled into the box with the defender on him and he was already at the byline yet he tried another turn outside instead of cutting in or turning back.

It’s that sort of decision making that prevents him from being a starter. He’s a good option off the bench but way off the standard of Kent and Sakala.

The tough thing is giving him enough game time which he needs to improve. If Gio has ideas on bringing in any more attackers I don’t know if he can even fit onto the bench.
Like every other player doesn't make poor decisions, too?
He has a bit to go but if you're going to criticise him do it for something that relates entirely to him, not every other player in almost every other team.
He needs more time on the pitch and to feel comfortable out there, not that he has ten minutes to save his career with us.

What you want/need from an impact sub.

When he’s started, he’s largely been average.

Looks better coming on after the diddy teams tire.

Like every other player doesn't make poor decisions, too?
He has a bit to go but if you're going to criticise him do it for something that relates entirely to him, not every other player in almost every other team.
He needs more time on the pitch and to feel comfortable out there, not that he has ten minutes to save his career with us.

Agree with this.
Example could be Bassey - getting a run in team, his confidence is growing and looks settled as a Rangers player now

I believe Scott Wright has what it takes to be a success at Ibrox. It won't be through lack of effort, that's for sure

Harsh!
The boy's got talent and pace to burn.
As a few have mentioned earlier, some top class coaching and even a run of games will see a real contender for more regular games.
I like him and feel he's got a lot to offer in the years to come.

Like what?

He’s had games , Been with us nearly 12 months and has barely registered a decent return.

Listen he can run, so could barker, but he’s got no end product and 3 times today ran the ball out of play, few times under Gerrard earlier this season he was given a chance and every game good looking attacks ended because he lost the ball or put it out of play.

When someone is a poor Brandon barker it’s time to admit defeat and let them go, he’s hopeless, no amount of dressing it up will cover that up.

Agree with this.
Example could be Bassey - getting a run in team, his confidence is growing and looks settled as a Rangers player now

I believe Scott Wright has what it takes to be a success at Ibrox. It won't be through lack of effort, that's for sure
But it will be a lack of ability.

Bassey has ability
Wright doesn’t

He’s had 12 months, shown he isn’t good enough, what other evidence do you need?

I think he has the correct mentality to be a success with us but he needs to find levels of consistency in his game that at the minute he lacks.

Back