Scott Wright

Don't agree - there is a player there. He can be very dangerous. We don't give players a chance.

Sure, some of them go on to poor levels but what could they have achieved working alongside Rangers players and coaches like Gio?
Exactly , he needs a run of games to properly assess him, I believe there's a good player there, patience could be the key, hands up who thought sone aluko was going to be good for us ? Me neither

I think he looks dangerous coming off the bench but far less so when given the opportunity to start.

To borrow a Gerrard phrase, really needs to improve his numbers to seriously challenge for a regular starting place.

Edit to add that I did think he looked good today.

We aren't talking about the rest of the team though.
But your happy to single out Wright on a game played months ago when over two matches the team lost twice to an average side?

You obviously weren’t at the game today, Wright made a positive impact when he came on.

Hope he gets a run in the team.

But your happy to single out Wright on a game played months ago when over two matches the team lost twice to an average side?

You obviously weren’t at the game today, Wright made a positive impact when he came on.

Hope he gets a run in the team.

I don't think he is good enough, these games proved it for me. He won't be a 1st team regular for example.

And that average side just won their league title today.

I don't have to be at the game either, watching it on RTV was enough. Yes he had good runs, some of his end product was average.

There's the catch-22. He's not doing enough in his brief appearances to justify more minutes, but he's not going to get better without playing more.

Managers don't just make decisions on competitive minutes though. I'd image of he was tearing it up in training he'd get more time.

FF does love a headless chicken as long as he runs about a lot and is quick though.

He wasn't even a standout in a shit Aberdeen side, he's just a typical lower level Scottish winger that cant really cross our pick a pass.

I like him, he always looks dangerous but as others have said he struggles with end product. I just don’t think he is quite the standard we need. Since he came at the start of the year, he’s made 13 appearances and scored 1 goal. At 24 years old he really should be contributing more.

You could tell today he was trying too hard to make an impact due to his limited game time. But in certain games he can definitely be useful for getting at defenders when they're tired.

Has no end product

Aberdeen level
I don't know where you get that from but I think he is a real player given a run, he is lightning fast, clever on the ball and crosses into our stickers the way it should be done, he is a player all right given a chance.
Has no end product

Aberdeen level

Has no end product

Aberdeen level
I don't know where you are coming from with this but it's certainly not from someone who has worked in football, this boy has talent and Gio will play him a lot more as he suits the Dutch model of fast tricky attacking wingers, he is a find for us you mark my words.

He will be a impact sub for us throughout and nothing more..will be very handy when we have stretched teams but as the majority have stated still needs that final ball

His pace was exciting, but more often that not he took the wrong option and ran the ball out of play.

I believe he will be a very good Rangers player but he undid the good parts of his game today by over doing it, not releasing the ball sooner and running the ball off the park.
Trying too hard to impress. GIO just needs to tell him to calm down and Roy Makaay can help his decision making. Others also need such help for example how often does Kent run into traffic and turnover possession.

Last edited:
He’s direct and energetic but his end product is nowhere near a Hagi and definitely not a Kent or Aribo. Feels the need to beat a man two or three times before passing it on.

Always looks like he's busting a gut when comes on as a sub. Makes some great runs and us always direct and looks threatening. Unfortunately just all too often breaks down at thatt final moment.

However whenever he starts a match is usually totally anonymous. Never going to make it give that.

I think there's a middle ground between "excellent today" and "Aberdeen level player".

I can definitely see that he has to improve in certain situations but so far I think he has been a useful player and will have until at least the end of the season to stake a claim.

Last edited:
He was very good today, would expect he gets a start Thursday on the back of that, would imagine it was enough to get Gio and the coaches fascinated by him

he's got talent of that there's no doubt, technically he's tremendous, which I'm sure would not have gone unnoticed by Gio and his european backroom team, once they drill into him to do the right things at the right time, then I beleive he'll flourish

Good player, and certainly levels above being an “Aberdeen player.”

The no end product argument could be settled by looking at Kent, who also fails to get anywhere near the number of goals or assists that he should.

The chaos factor that these players bring by actually running at people more than merits why either one is a worthy inclusion in the team at any given time.

The no end product argument could be settled by looking at Kent, who also fails to get anywhere near the number of goals or assists that he should.

The chaos factor that these players bring by actually running at people more than merits why either one is a worthy inclusion in the team at any given time.
well put

Somebody always takes things too far.
It's better than seeing our players getting it in the neck imo.

I don't think he is, at the moment, good enough for a starting position. He can certainly influence games as a sub. He is definitely better than Aberdeen level. I see him as a player who needs a goal or two to get his confidence up a little. If he gets a break or two he can push for a place. Right now a good option from the bench if we are chasing, or turning the screw.

He looks like he wants it and I wouldn't bet against him succeeding. He will get his chances under Gio. I hope he takes them.

Spot on.

Willie Henderson? Behave.

He's got the desire, pace, and potential, I'll give you that, but a long way to go yet before he's even a chance of being a Rangers regular. But he'll never be a Willie Henderson and that's just the plain truth of it.

This new formation is more suited to his game. A direct threat with pace to burn. If he can develop his game under the new coaches then he could be in with a shout.

Henderson though :oops:

At this moment, a Kancheslkis ordered fae Wish

He's got good skill on the ball, great pace to run at tired defences, and is taking up very little of our wage bill.

Ultimately he's not good enough to be a starter, but we need a certain amount of Scottish players for our European squads and until we can bring through better attackers, he's very useful to have around. His end product will improve with more game time and coaching.

Is the sensible answer.

Be interesting to see how he develops under Gio. Playing wider rather than as number 10 will play to his natural strengths. At the moment he can come on as a sub and torture tired defenders with his pace, and that's fine in fact it's a great option on the bench. But if the lad wants more game time he will need to add something else to his game. I hope he does, seems like a nice guy.

Needs to release the ball earlier as was seen 3 times today he ran out of pitch and ball went out for bye kicks.

He tries hard, but IMO it’s of the flatters to deceive variety. So far he hasn’t shown enough to suggest he will make a significant contribution for us, even as a squad player.

I see him as a similar level to say Greg Stewart or Brandon Barker, being around the first team squad without really cementing a place in it.

I don't know where you get that from but I think he is a real player given a run, he is lightning fast, clever on the ball and crosses into our stickers the way it should be done, he is a player all right given a chance.

I don't know where you are coming from with this but it's certainly not from someone who has worked in football, this boy has talent and Gio will play him a lot more as he suits the Dutch model of fast tricky attacking wingers, he is a find for us you mark my words.

I’ve no idea why you quoted me 3 times and I had no idea that you having “worked in football” was a pre-requisite for posting an opinion on a message board on a Saturday but there you go.

Wright always tries hard, has a decent burst of pace but ultimately doesn’t do much. To say he made an impact yesterday is nonsense and overlooks the fact he came on with Rangers 2 nil up and around 70% possession in the game.

He may flourish under the new regime, I hope so, but so far he has to show a lot more.

Seems clear that Gio and his staff will rejuvenate some or most of the players, and also maybe use them more skilfully, so I think it's too early to judge him in the new regime. He's exciting but decision making was awful. Let's see what the new coaching does about that.

Actually I was

Are you talking of when he made a great interception only to run it out the park?
That move was typical him frustrating to watch and pretty much sums him up seems to do the hard bit but in the end it ends up a nothing chance.

I'm not really a big fan of his, but it would be wrong to say he can't improve. It seemed his lack of quality became greatly apparent in European games.

Don't agree - there is a player there. He can be very dangerous. We don't give players a chance.

Sure, some of them go on to poor levels but what could they have achieved working alongside Rangers players and coaches like Gio?
You'll agree then that he needs to take gilt edge chances like yesterday's?

His pace is not in question, his willingness to take a player on and directness is a breath of fresh air and to top it off he loves the club. We just need that wee bit at the end to top of all the good work.

Right now good for coming on when when a couple up and opponents are chasing the game.
Some folk writing him off am not.

Decision making needs to improve. Once he has that improvement he'll be a very useful player for us.

People are aware we have 3 world class ex-players/coaches on that training pitch? Just because his end product is inconsistent now doesnt mean he’s a write off. His two best attributes - attitude and speed - mean he can be coached. I still think he can be the long term Kent replacement.

Back