Scott Wright

I pointed out to my pal a while ago, he always ends up on the deck, way more than most people.
This “ impact “ player chat is interesting , because to have any impact you need to actually produce something tangible during your time on the field. Wright has pace and can run at people and that seems to be it really. What’s his goal tally , one goal maybe two so far ? In a year.

Watch him closely next time he’s on, the pattern is- run quickly at a player, beat the player, let the player catch up, beat him again, turn into trouble and either get fouled, fall over or run the ball straight out of play.

Comparisons to Willie henderson are beyond belief !

He certainly caught the eye when he came on with his pace and directness but, as others have said, there was no end products.

On one occasion he's won the ball on the half way line burst forward, gone past two, sent the third the wrong way, he has time now to put the ball into the box, but instead, he takes on the third guy again and the ball goes out of play.

I can't help but feel there is a player there. Surely he can be coached and learn to identify when to play the ball and when to dribble.

Thought he done well. I like that Gio wants his wide players running directly at the opposition. This could benefit Wright and Sakala who are less technical than Kent.

Coming up a year on him being with us and he’s no better at getting goals or assists Than when we arrived. But as he runs a lot gets a better press on here than Hagi who does both .

Has no end product

Aberdeen level
Some may say the same about Kent. *insert shockhorror-smilie*

SG signed Wright as he saw his potential. Gio played Wright as he sees his potential. That should be good enough for any Bear.

Scott is a left winger played (similar to Hagi) out of position. He sure has drive, enthusiasm and is willing to shoot. He will learn under the guidance of better coaches than Aberdeen`s and will improve.

As with many players benched for this or that reason, Wright's or Lundstram`s quality comes under scrutiny, because "if they were up to it, they would play"! Sadly, we can only play 11 people at any given time and you would hope players are chosen to the best of their (sic!) abilities for a position in the game at hand. Under MW - and more often than not SG too - we chose the same players and same tactics time and again, with certain players always on the pitch, no matter how dire their form was. And if you are true to yourself, it ended up in dire games of hard toil, not least against the trench-diggers.

Yesterday, Gio mixed it up with but one DM, a second true striker and de facto three AMs willing to run into spaces and shoot. Wright was the natural replacement for Hagi and didn`t exactly set a foot wrong. If people were objective and compare him to our other left-winger, i.e. Kent, they wouldn`t see much difference. At least when it comes to running into certain areas and trying to out-fox defenders (essentially by doing the same tricks time and again, with a varying degree of success).

Been clear since he was signed that Wright needs development for all his pace and directness he has no end product.

Don’t get the love for him. He’s alright, he runs at people which is good.

His first involvement yesterday was symptomatic of the best and worst of Wright, good touch, great pace, runs off back of pitch.

I thought he was brilliant today,maybe overdid it on a couple of occasions which is understandable for someone who hasn't had much game time.He reminded me of Willie Hendrrson in full flow.
It would have to be Wullie Hendrrson because he's as far removed from Henderson as you can get. I do think he's decent and could maybe do us a turn.

Dilema, he has the pace needed for the wide right role, Hagi has the skill, could we transplant Hagis head on to Wrights body ! lol
A mate said something similar on the way home from the match yesterday.

Although I’m not sure giving poor Scott a haggis head is a good idea.

Shows glimpses but needs to develop a real cutting edge

Bags of potential though and looks to have a great attitude

I don't know where you get that from but I think he is a real player given a run, he is lightning fast, clever on the ball and crosses into our stickers the way it should be done, he is a player all right given a chance.

I don't know where you are coming from with this but it's certainly not from someone who has worked in football, this boy has talent and Gio will play him a lot more as he suits the Dutch model of fast tricky attacking wingers, he is a find for us you mark my words.
I’ll bookmark this for when he’s at killie in 2 years.

The guy will be basing the comment on having no end product on the evidence that he has no end product.

Just running the ball out of play or passing to an opposition player isn’t an end product.

Plenty of evidence on his lack of end product, the games he started earlier in the season when he was beyond hopeless for a start.

Gio has barely played him so far aswell, he played 15 mins or so in a game that was done where there was no need to bring others on and we could rest players.

Sorry only seeing it in patches, and not often enough.
Was hoping he would kick on.
He hasn’t.
He may have stood out at The Sheep, but then you jump another few levels before you prove yourself at us, and them.

Jack did.It’s up to the lad.
But so far nothing, that would suggest he is goin* to be a main stay.
And under a new manager you have to chance to reset.
But as most say.No end product.

At the moment…nothing more than another …poor Gerrard signing.

Back