Scott Wright

The one where Sakala played it across the face of goal and he arrived at the back post and absolutely hammered it about 10 feet in the air and out for a throw in on the other side of the pitch summed him up… zero composure.

Surely Gio is not going to rely on him or Itten to beat the tramps???
Agreed, front 3 will be Kent, Roofe and Sakala and we'll run behind them all day

He isn’t top 6 quality let alone reigning champions quality

A terrible player, the amount of times he just runs it out of play, passes it to the opposition or just runs into a defender is scandalous for someone being paid to play football.

The board should be getting a wake up call after tonight, because relying on utter waste of jerseys like Wright and Itten could completely derail the season.

It’s a huge week coming up, we need quality in the door.

He has some talent and would make a great squad player. Unfortunately he seems to allow the crowd to get to him and beats himself up. Many very good players have crumbled playing with us and our expectations.

I'd keep faith with the lad but as a regular starter I just don't see it.

The boy has shown in glimpses that he has talent.

He definitely looks like a confidence player and as he has had a rough time since coming back from the break he is trying too hard to arrest the bad run.

Just take him out of the firing line in the next few games. Bring him on and build his confidence back up.

Think he has to be a sub most weeks until he gets his confidence back. Come on when opposition players are already knackered.

I think with Kent back from suspension we will see less of him anyway now and it’ll be Kent, Roofe, Sakala with Itten as the sub striker until Morelos is back.

Dreadful performance tonight..following several poor ones of late. Seen all I need to now.

Project Wright should be over with the signing of a new RW. With Kent back I would play Sakala in the interim.

like Kamara?
Kamara is a total anomaly, how he ended up at Dundee is a mystery. He was clearly a player and already an international when he arrived at Rangers.

You generally get what you pay for. We're wasting too much time and money on these (mostly) final 3rd players that are offering very little.

I don't expect the fringe players to be like for like replacements for Aribo and Morelos but I think our recruitment strategy maybe has to be tweaked slightly.

Always hope our players make a success of it, but sometimes it's just not in the cards.

Very, very poor.

I like Wright but tonight was as poor as I’ve seen him to be honest

Needs to take opportunities when he’s given them and tonight he didn’t

Although not alone in being absolute pish tonight

Good squad/impact player. He really needs to add a final product though. He had a poor game tonight, but I hope he keeps his chin up.

In a squad with a real lack of speed Wright is worth persevering with, but his lack of composure needs addressed by coaches.

Squad player at best,thought when we signed him he would kick on and improve.Unfortunately it hasn’t turned out like that.Was poor tonight but lack of options meant he stayed on longer than he should have.

He's really not good enough. We'll be trying to loan him out soon enough, awful player with zero end product. Also at pittodrie he looked overwhelmed with atmosphere. Start him at the piggery and we're in trouble.

He's a slight upgrade on O'Halloran but that's not saying much. For me he lacks football intelligence, doesn't stick to the touchline when he should. There's so many occasions where Tav is looking to play a one-two and he's managed to drift inside where he's tightly marked.

He seems to be more effective rubbing through the middle, but he's not good enough to play there.

Should be used as a sub from now on.

He wasn't a starter for Aberdeen im really not sure what we expected on this one

Seems a real nice guy etc but he's never ever good enough

Needs a loan out imo

He had a rough night but no sense in writing him off yet.
He has had a full year mate and plenty chances to do something.

Nights like tonight are when fringe players make themselves impossible to drop or they flap, sadly for Scott he flaps every time

He isn’t top 6 quality let alone reigning champions quality

A terrible player, the amount of times he just runs it out of play, passes it to the opposition or just runs into a defender is scandalous for someone being paid to play football.

The board should be getting a wake up call after tonight, because relying on utter waste of jerseys like Wright and Itten could completely derail the season.

It’s a huge week coming up, we need quality in the door.

Couldn't agree more. Had a slight worry tonight about the line up given some key players out, but thought nah should have more than enough to comfortably see off Livi at home.

As you said, Wright and Itten, dear god. Where do you even start on that? Just dreadful.

Let's just hope we can stay relatively clear of injuries now with the big hitters back available. I don't think my stress levels can cope watching that same eleven again this season.

Last edited:
When he's confident he's fine and is capable of moments of real quality. Tonight his confidence was shot and he was woeful. Whatever his "mean" is I'm not sure it's good enough for Rangers.

Back