Scott Wright

You can't fault him for effort - continually tried to beat his man and get in behind but his lack of composure and ability to pick a pass was there for all to see tonight.

He is simply an impact player from the bench for us and probably needs a wee rest but Gio seems to work in mysterious ways with players that are miles off it.

He wasn't great tonight but the way the crowd acted towards him sometimes isn't going to help his confidence!
You honestly can't blame the fans for his decision making tonight. That chance when the ball fell to him at the corner of the 6 yard box was begging for him to lay it off to someone, not blast it head height to noone. That is absolutely nothing to do with the fans getting on his back, just extremely poor decision-making.

He’s a really frustrating player. He has talent but too often makes the wrong decision. He too often just runs out the park.

His confidence has gone and he needs taken out the team. His problem is that this is the best chance he’ll get to make an impact.

When he signed I had no idea who he was, Id never noticed him in an Aberdeen side. Initially he showed promise, seems a nice lad, but not going to happen for him at Rangers.

His decision making is infuriating. Completely lost my shit at that cross when he was at the by line in the 2nd half.

He's a decent option to bring on 2-0 up against a tiring team, nothing more.

A bizarre signing in the first place. Signed after a handful of appearances for Aberdeen where he didn't exactly stand out. Nowhere near good enough.

I also had high hopes for him, thought he deserved a run in the team, but tonight he was really poor. Been waiting for him to show he has an end product and tonight really showed that he is severely lacking in that department. Hope it was just an off night, but time is running out for him.

Would be a decent player for Motherwell or Dundee United.Not the standard required for Rangers

Has anyone played well the last 2 league games ?

Players are suffering from the tactics.

First half he made some great runs just didn’t get the ball, we wanted everything to go down the left with Sakala, Barasic, Kamara turning triangles into cul de sacs.

Last season, when the title was over by March and the pressure was off after the second week in January, there were occasions when he played like he might be able to fulfil his potential, and all that was required then was just an end product. Sadly now that the pressure is on he seems to have regressed and the end product has never materialised.

A bizarre signing in the first place. Signed after a handful of appearances for Aberdeen where he didn't exactly stand out. Nowhere near good enough.
When we were told of interest in him I watched him against Ross County and to be fair he has come on a lot because he was f'n shite that day!

You honestly can't blame the fans for his decision making tonight. That chance when the ball fell to him at the corner of the 6 yard box was begging for him to lay it off to someone, not blast it head height to noone. That is absolutely nothing to do with the fans getting on his back, just extremely poor decision-making.
If he had nailed that one moment and we had scored he would have got a huge pass from the support tonight.
He blew it.

2nd half. That ball to the corner flag when he should've cut it back was when I gave up on him.
I think that was the moment for many. Gio called for the sub almost immediately. Usually it will be a series of events that' lead to the crowd deciding "enough" and collectively giving him the thumbs down.

Its a shame as he improved rapidly when we bought him, then he reached a plateau and will never get beyond it

I hate the term "squad player". Every player needs to be able and capable of contributing something.

For me, there were 1 or 2 players on the pitch this evening who don't have a long term future at Ibrox.

Wright is one. Itten is another.

At the time we signed him, I didn't think his career up to that point merited a move to Rangers.

He impressed in his initial cameos last season when the rest of the team was firing on all cylinders.

As time passes though, I don't thing he'll ever reach the consistency to be a starter for Rangers.

There's players we had during the banter years that were better than him tbh. Just they were surrouned by rubbish at the time.

The one where Sakala played it across the face of goal and he arrived at the back post and absolutely hammered it about 10 feet in the air and out for a throw in on the other side of the pitch summed him up… zero composure.

Surely Gio is not going to rely on him or Itten to beat the tramps???
3 players waiting for a cut back and Wright tries to score from virtually the by line...

I’d love him to do well but he needs to be braver on the ball.

He has the ability he needs the belief.

Is it just me that hates to see someone described as a "squad player"? Get visions of a scout saying "he's not the best, but he'll do as a fill in when we're stuck I suppose".
That's 3 separate threads on players in our starting line up tonight that many have used that term for, Itten, Sands, and Wright. For a team that's in such a tight and invaluable title race I say that's far too many.

I had high hopes for him when he signed and some of his sub appearances were eye catching.

I was a bit of a fan boy but as a starter he's just not doing it. Was dreadful tonight. Anonymous in the first half pretty much.

Impact sub at best I think.
Yeah was coming on and changing games, driving at players, but just doesn’t seem to have it now. Best used as impact player when teams are tiring and we need to inject some energy into the game.

Some on here were saying not that long ago that we could afford to sell Kent as Wright was a worthy replacement.
No he's not.

Its the same situation as its been for the last couple of seasons if kent is out there is no one anywhere near as good in the squad

I reckon he has a role to play as an impact sub. He is direct enough to come on and get things going. Definitely not a starter. Was pish tonight.

He was dreadful tonight.
However, he isn’t as bad a player as that.
GvB has a decision to make though.
Take him out of the firing line and try again later or sell as soon as possible.
Good point there will be interesting to see what Gio does

Often gives away ridiculous fouls and no end product, can't fault his effort but I just don't think hes good enough.

People over rate speed these days. You can have all the speed you want but if you lack composure you won’t go far.
People will probably try to take the piss, but for me, Candeias was far more effective than just about every one of his successors. Jones, Barker, Wright...pace merchants with appalling returns and zero composure. In fact Candeias would still probably be a better option now than any of those three.

People will probably try to take the piss, but for me, Candeias was far more effective than just about every one of his successors. Jones, Barker, Wright...pace merchants with appalling returns and zero composure. In fact Candeias would still probably be a better option now than any of those three.
I agree. Candeas the best RW we’ve had in years.

You are spot on.

This.

His answer to everything is punt it past the defender and use his speed to beat him usually resulting in a shite final ball. Given the benefit of the doubt last quarter of season but with a full pre season and a year now at the club its clear he isn't the standard we require, an upgrade on barker yes but just like barker he should only be used in a crisis.

He had a poor game tonight. Wasn’t great against Aberdeen but yet I still think there’s a player there.
Been reading this pish since September. There is a player there but only for any team below the top 2, imagine going into CL group stages with him as your RW. madness. Squad player at best an thats pushing it. Itten same detail.

He is not Rangers class, can’t keep his nerves under control and snatches or lashes at the ball as he has zero composure, time to move him on.

Pretty much carbon copy of what fans were saying about Hutton for quite some time, then he became an outstanding player. People thought I was crazy supporting Hutton, but I have exactly the same confidence in Wright. The Livi player doesn't clear the ball off the line, we would be talking about him having a great game. He just needs a little click and a run.

Back