Scottish Cup 2021

SMIB

Now the league is getting closer I believe we should go all out and make sure we get this won and back to Ibrox.

Obviously europa league is thrown in the mix but winning this and keeping it from giving the bheasts a glimmer of hope is a must and will allow Stevie G the chance to go into next season with a double under his belt and keep the team on a high.

We’ve came such a long way in a short space of time that a double would be fitting.

I know the league is priority but we shouldn’t let our standards drop in this tournament also.

Can see they Scottish Cup being axed this season.

If it does eventually go ahead, they might struggle for suitable dates.
Can’t see it getting scrapped, sponsors and the likes of Premier Sports would have to be repaid, it’ll get played to a finish, just when will the question.

It’s going to be scrapped, the filth aren’t capable of winning it so there is no need to play it out, really to stop us lifting.

Highly doubt it will be played to a conclusion and we all know why

They should just wait and play it all at the end of the league season similar to the way they played out the Champions League & Europa League last season.

Might be sponsorship issues if it is not played

going to be difficult to fit in games around our European and spl commitments

They should just wait and play it all at the end of the league season similar to the way they played out the Champions League & Europa League last season.
We can't due to the Euros & the final was meant to be before the League finished.
Only way could be if the Euros are moved to a single country

They could move the final elsewhere IMO as unlikely to have fans anyway, then play the final the week after the league concludes.

It’s going to be scrapped, the filth aren’t capable of winning it so there is no need to play it out, really to stop us lifting.

Thats what I was thinking, they'll only keep it going if they are still in it to give TLB his glorious send off, hopefully we'll be there to scupper their plans.

Now we can't win an "Invincible" treble I'm not too bothered, but a mini tournament would be a nice way to sort it. No idea of dates though.
Typical Scotland qualifying for a tournament when it's a mess at home. lol.

Quite happy if they shelve this for Premiership Clubs this season. They could certainly play it out for the other leagues and non-league clubs.

If we are to play it out though then we should treat it seriously and go for the win.

I'm repeating myself here, so apologies.

The team taking the Cup Winners slot for Scotland is guaranteed group stage football in Europe next season. That almost certainly makes a team a few million more than usual, which is huge to teams up here.

If they let the cup roll over into next season again and a team wins it who didn't qualify for Europe otherwise, I could see another lawsuit on the way!

Reactions: VGM
We can't due to the Euros & the final was meant to be before the League finished.
Only way could be if the Euros are moved to a single country

Could see it being that if you have players at the Euros then tough, and the Semi and Final can be played at any Neutral Ground BCD.

Cove Rangers have earned the right to play at Ibrox!

Surely, sporting integrity would demand that this tie takes place.

Can’t see how it’ll get finished this season.
Don’t want our players playing against teams who don’t get regular tests anyway.

We need to keep our focus on the league until it is won. No taking our eyes off the main prize.

Given our Scottish Cup match is against Cove Rangers we should be able to rest our entire first 11 and still go through.

This will get binned, no sponsor to satisfy, peanuts paid by Premier Sport and BBC, league will be priority with Sky contract to be fulfilled.

In a one off Final in 2027 you can win the 21,22,23,24,25,26 and 27 trophy in a firesale final.

Shouldnae print that, they might even go ahead wi that idea.
Awarded via a golden ticket that will be hidden in someone’s spam folder

I don’t know why we are not playing a round of league fixtures instead of the cancelled SC tie , do that for the next round and one after then play the SC over a couple of weeks at the end of the season. Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday gets 3 rounds played final following Saturday.

I don’t know why we are not playing a round of league fixtures instead of the cancelled SC tie , do that for the next round and one after then play the SC over a couple of weeks at the end of the season. Saturday, Wednesday, Saturday gets 3 rounds played final following Saturday.

They should have done that. The SFA should also be proactive and draw the cup out in brackets right through to the final. The FA in England drew 2 rounds at once to assist with logistics for quick turnarounds between rounds.

Because the SPFL don't really have any common sense but by moving the Celtic v St Mirren game on March 3rd it does free up a date for a round of fixtures if the competition resumes after 1st February

Because the SPFL don't really have any common sense but by moving the Celtic v St Mirren game on March 3rd it does free up a date for a round of fixtures if the competition resumes after 1st February
What are you thinking Al, postponed round 4 played on scheduled date for round 5 which is then played midweek March 3rd to get back on schedule?

I would like to see the Scottish cup binned this year completely.

One season without wouldn't hurt, I think its the biggest threat to the health of our players, especially in the early rounds.

This year more than any other I'd see it cancelled.

What are you thinking Al, postponed round 4 played on scheduled date for round 5 which is then played midweek March 3rd to get back on schedule?
Depends on what they decide to do and is allowed to resume after 1st February

But this is possible

Round 2 on either the midweek of 10th or weekend of 13th February
Round 3 on weekend of 20th February
Round 4 on the midweek of March 3rd
Quarter-final as planned on weekend of 13th March

Now the league is getting closer I believe we should go all out and make sure we get this won and back to Ibrox.

Obviously europa league is thrown in the mix but winning this and keeping it from giving the bheasts a glimmer of hope is a must and will allow Stevie G the chance to go into next season with a double under his belt and keep the team on a high.

We’ve came such a long way in a short space of time that a double would be fitting.

I know the league is priority but we shouldn’t let our standards drop in this tournament also.
Only once the league is all but secured

So much sponsorship money at stake that they had to extend it into another season during the height of COVID (guess who was likely to win it), now they can just discard it at a whim when Celtic are pish.

So many people just taking the league for granted right now this group of players don't have the experience of getting a Scottish premiership title over the line yet bar a couple of players and even that was 10 years ago don't count your chickens before they've hatched

It should be played this season , remember in 2008 ,
we played the eufa cup final on the Wednesday ,
Motherwell away on the Saturday ,
St mirren away on the Monday ,
the sheep away on the Thursday ,
the Scottish cup final vs QOTS on the Saturday ,
no excuses.

Back