Scottish Cup 4th Round General Discussion & 5th Round Draw - Hamilton v Rangers (8th Feb, KO TBA)

If folk think hamilton are a problem. plastic pitch and all then we shouldn't be thinking about 55.
We are too strong for the rest.
Imo.

The pitch is the concern with that draw. Hopefully through with no injuries
Exactly what I said last thing we need out of this draw is injuries not really happy with the draw but we will still win it’s the injuries that bother me as they will chop us to bits to win that game

Would have preferred a home game. Plus another game on a plastic pitch. Oh well, I'm sure we'll get a good result and a home tie in the next round.
Strangely, I'd take them at Ibrox in the next round.looks like we'll have to beat them at some stage to win the trophy,so let's make it at home

RESULTS

FRIDAY 17th

Rangers 2-0 Stranraer

SATURDAY 18th
Aberdeen
1-0 Dumbarton
Alloa Athletic 2-3 Inverness CT
Arbroath 0-0 Falkirk
Ayr United 1-0 Ross County
Bonnyrigg Rose 0-1 Clyde
Dundee 0-3 Motherwell
East Kilbride 1-3 BSC Glasgow
Hamilton Academical
5-0 Edinburgh City
Hearts 5-0 Airdrieonians
Kilmarnock 6-0 Queen's Park
Livingston 3-1 Raith Rovers
Partick Thistle 1-2 FC Nonce
St Johnstone
3-0 Morton
St Mirren 3-0 Broxburn Athletic

SUNDAY 19th
Dundee United 2-2 Hibs

LATEST SCORES

REPLAYS - TUESDAY 28th
Hibs v Dundee United (19:45)
Falkirk v Arbroath (19:45)

5th ROUND DRAW
Hamilton Academical v Rangers
Inverness CT v Livingston
Clyde v FC Nonce
BSC Glasgow v Dundee United / Hibs
St Mirren v Motherwell
Ayr United v St Johnstone
Aberdeen v Kilmarnock
Arbroath / Falkirk v Hearts

Have Rangers and Celic ever met in the 4th or 5th rounds of the cup?

Yeah
That game, to this day, is the most depressing game I’ve attended. I know it shouldn’t be, we’ve had much more significant defeats. But as much as I tell myself that, for some reason it really sticks with me.

I remember it vividly as well. Made all the worse by Chris Woods getting his record in the first half. Think it was just over the 30 minute mark.

decent enough draw apart from the surface,the filth fans can have recurring nightmares thinking about du wei

Could have got worse draw, imagine. Fair. Few. Tickets. In ticket section nearer the game and also at the buses on the day.

Who did you want to play?

An easy home tie ala BSC or Clyde. Rest players, give youth another go, play on a proper pitch.

We've got a tough away tie on a horrible pitch in-between a tough run of games, two away matches on plastic pitches in a matter of days.

But, if you want to be Champions and win trophies then you win no matter the opposition or playing surface.

Happy enough with the draw. Frustrating we need to play 2 away games on plastic pitches within 3-4 days of each other.

Good draw for us and there should be no excuses. Four all premier league games. Falkirk/Arbroath will fancy their chances against tarts. Hopefully, the Edinburgh and Dundee mentally challenged replay will go to extra time and penalties with lots of red and yellow cards.

Would have preferred to avoid another game on a plastic pitch but other than that it should be an easy enough tie to get through

Might be on Saturday tea time, like the Thistle v Celtic tie was.

Back