Scottish Cup action on BBC tonight 7.05pm - Bonnyrigg Rose v Buckie Thistle

Wonder if one of my old teachers - Joan Murray (Geography) - will still be around to support her hometown team?

We spoke about this and I asked around but no one got back to me on the local pages up here on social media, so it's still a mystery

Will Buckie be playing in their traditional green and white hoops? :eek:
[/QUOT

Apparently not. Supposedly they don’t own a change kit because their green and grey doesn’t clash with any other team in the Highland League.
So they’ve had to buy a new kit for wearing tonight

Stuck for choice tonight as Larne v Glentoran in the Northern Ireland Premiership is also free and live @ 19.45 KO on BBC 2 NI, Channel 972 (If anyone is interested!). I might watch the Scottish Cup game and the last 30 minutes of the Irish League game.

Last edited:
Stuck for choice tonight as Larne v Glentoran in the Northern Ireland Premiership is also free and live @ 19.45 KO on BBC 2 NI, Channel 972 (If anyone is interested!). I might watch the Scottish Cup game and the last 30 minutes of the Irish League game.

have got that option copied into the alarm on the phone!

@Bluebrox Not a bad crowd. On par with a good junior game. Buckie Thistle free kick from.near corner flag, 6m, cleared off first man.

@Bluebrox Pitch isnt the best. Its grass. Churned up. Commentators talking about the Hampden surface. The Hampden Groundsman must be on par with the Groundsman here

@Bluebrox a little summary. Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic Football Club is a Scottish football club from the town of Bonnyrigg, Midlothian. Formed in 1881 and nicknamed the Rose, the team plays in the Lowland League, having been promoted after winning the East of Scotland Football League and gaining SFA membership in June 2019.

You'll note a white panel that runs from the arm pit down to the hem of the shirt so technically not a "hoop"

Behave

Im off on annual leave and half cut while thinkin im being a smart cu*t. Let me have this at least

@Bluebrox 20m in bad cross by Buckie Thistle blamed on pitch. Clear out by keeper of Bonnyrigg lead to a free kick. Lead to nothing.

Just in

The view on the television does not do the slope on that surface justice at all - it’s horrendous.

The reason Buckie play in green and white goes back to the 1920's they wrote to every Scottish league club asking if there was any spare kits only 1 club got back to them

Bet over 2.5 goals

Looks like money spunked before the weekend starts.

I’ll be following the Saturday betting thread with even less interest now.

The reason Buckie play in green and white goes back to the 1920's they wrote to every Scottish league club asking if there was any spare kits only 1 club got back to them
Unless they’re still wearing the originals there’s no excuse for not changing it to something more acceptable over almost 100 years.

Well that's a right bast@rd is it not? For this reason alone thank fuk I don't come from Buckie. The loyalist, unionist, protestant in me hopes the other mob win, no offence.

Are Kev Main & Dessie Strong still the Buckie keepers?

No think dessie left the club not long ago and kev main was playing for Turriff

Buckie keeper is 18/19 and actually was in a Scotland squad of discription they played England in Inverurie in the summer can't remember what level, anyway his father is a bear as I'm sure he is...

Remember staying in buckie for the night and was out for a drink. They had a club in the town which had wee men in green and white shirts on the windows which made me give it a miss

Back