Scottish Cup Draw

If the current Top 6 remains the same, then we would be due to play the following post split fixtures:

Celtic HOME
Kilmarnock AWAY
Aberdeen HOME
Hearts AWAY
St Johnstone AWAY.

We would probably end up with a 3rd home game against St Johnstone as the lowest placed team, to get our split of 3 home, 2 away games after the split.

If the current Top 6 remains the same, then we would be due to play the following post split fixtures:

Celtic HOME
Kilmarnock AWAY
Aberdeen HOME
Hearts AWAY
St Johnstone AWAY.

We would probably end up with a 3rd home game against St Johnstone as the lowest placed team, to get our split of 3 home, 2 away games after the split.
And will we both have played the same number of home and away ? it certainly doesnt feel that way.

Celtic HOME
Kilmarnock AWAY
Aberdeen HOME
Hearts AWAY
St Johnstone AWAY.

Hibs will finish above St Johnstone imo and our game vs them should be at Ibrox, but will it?

Don't have a clue but it wouldn't surprise me.
Thats the thing with probabilities, especially when using small sample sizes, there's always going to be anomolies. And anyone thinking (as so many people actually do) that black must surely be more likely after 7,8,9 reds in a row should really keep their money in their pocket ;)
Nah zero is surely due. Ironically, the very number that is the house edge, well not specifically zero but you catch my drift.

There's an odd fascination on here with Dundee United. They're irrelevant. Not sure why anyone would want to give them a day out at Ibrox with the financial reward that entails.

A home tie against East Fife would be ideal.

Their last owner/chairman - Steven Thompson - was a dick and was happy to have us dead and buried. He’s gone now and, to be honest, a lot of my hatred will go with him.

For those noticing celtics recent luck in the Scottish cup draws lately, no you're not imagining things.

2016-2019 (excluding semi/finals)- 11 home-1 away

Pretty irrelevant since played at Hampden but interestingly they have a 4-0 home draw selection in the finals too. So in total past 3 seasons so far they are 15 home to 1 away.

Edit: for those interested Aberdeen also have 7 home-1 away in the same time period. Although they have been drawn away in all 3 finals. Rangers are 4 home-4 away (and two out of two away finals)

Just some interesting stats. I'm not trying to infer anything.
Not letting me edit my post to correct my mistake. Don't know why.

Anyway celtics Scottish cup draws of the past three seasons have resulted in 11 home & 1 away in total including finals. Therefore 7-1 excluding semis/finals, same as Aberdeen.

Back