Scottish Cup Final in London

Athletico Parsnips

I'm going to be in London that weekend and looking for a pub to watch the final.
Absolutly sickened as I will probably get a ticket through priority 1.
Upside is, my record at Hampden the last 10 years has been crap. Only wins I have been to are Hearts 3-0 and Peterhead.
Games I missed were we won include Sunday(I was in Blackpool) and the 2016 semi v them. I have been to the rest of the defeats.
Thanks in advance.

Pretty sure there is a Facebook page that lists all the bars showing the games in SE England each week. I'm not on there but I'm sure someone could oblige. The list is growing from Islington, London Bridge, Bermondsey, Croydon, Dartford and Hounslow.
Apologies to any I've missed B-D

Pretty sure there is a Facebook page that lists all the bars showing the games in SE England each week. I'm not on there but I'm sure someone could oblige. The list is growing from Islington, London Bridge, Bermondsey, Croydon, Dartford and Hounslow.
Apologies to any I've missed B-D
I'm not on it but one of the family will be. Cheers.

I watched the 2016 Semi final win with the London RSC in Walkabout at Blackfriars. Was bedlam.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I’ll be in London for the old firm next Sunday and would appreciate any recommendations for bear friendly pubs that are likely to have the old firm on. Cheers :)

Sorry to hijack the thread, but I’ll be in London for the old firm next Sunday and would appreciate any recommendations for bear friendly pubs that are likely to have the old firm on. Cheers :)
Would be better if you said where you will be based, depends which part of London you are going to be at.
I go to the dice bar in croydon when I can, a decent bunch down there and easy to get to if you are around south London or even near Victoria as you can get a train to West Croydon from there.

Would be better if you said where you will be based, depends which part of London you are going to be at.
I go to the dice bar in croydon when I can, a decent bunch down there and easy to get to if you are around south London or even near Victoria as you can get a train to West Croydon from there.
East Croydon will always be a faster option from Victoria (or London Bridge), not much in it to walk to the Dice Bar from either. 2 stops for the former and one for the latter if you pick the right trains. Citymapper app is your friend for all London travel options.

I'm going to be in London that weekend and looking for a pub to watch the final.
Absolutly sickened as I will probably get a ticket through priority 1.
Upside is, my record at Hampden the last 10 years has been crap. Only wins I have been to are Hearts 3-0 and Peterhead.
Games I missed were we won include Sunday(I was in Blackpool) and the 2016 semi v them. I have been to the rest of the defeats.
Thanks in advance.

I was in London last week and went to The Green Man on Essex Road for both the Braga game and OF on Sunday. Tremendous atmosphere and packed with bears. It was only the OF that was ticketed and purchased them in the bar. I imagine the cup final will be too. Give them a phone and they can add you to list.

Cup Final is Premier Sports so that cuts the options down slightly.

GM, Essex Road will be ticketed
RBL Hounslow
Bermondsey Bierkeller
Dice Bar Croydon

will all have it on and be exclusively for Rangers fans.

RBL Hounslow
Bermondsey Bierkeller
Dice Bar Croydon

Think it's on BBC Scotland as well so a Sky set up should have that if needed.

You can watch the the Cup Final at the Bermondsey Bierkeller with the RFCSA London Branch. It’s a very large venue so numbers won’t be a problem. The Bierkeller isn’t actually in Bermondsey but at London Bridge so great transport links to all parts of London. Watch out for updates on our social media sites and the excellent Rangers Fans - London and South East Facebook page. Send me a message and I’ll be happy to update anyone on games in London.

The Green Man really need to do something about the quality of the tv’s… they’re chronic, they’re like watching it in safe mode on the old windows machines or on a tv from 2001…

Zenith sports bar, in Dartford Kent. Trainstation right at the bar. Very easy to get too. Home of the Dartford loyal RSC. 7 big tvs and a big screen. Place always done up with flags and banners on match days. Dj and singer before and after all the games. No tickets needed. All welcome

Zenith sports bar, in Dartford Kent. Trainstations right at the bar. Very easy to get too. Home of a the Dartford loyal RSC. 7 big tvs and a big screen. Place always done up with flags and banners on match days. Dj and singer before and after all the games. No tickets needed. All welcome
I've was in Braga away, no flags and only a few in there, Braga home was bouncing tunes and flags, v Them on Sunday tunes and flags but plenty room, its a proper sash bash.
There was also a young guy on stage with a guitar blasting them out on Sunday, he was good.

I've was in Braga away, no flags and only a few in there, Braga home was bouncing tunes and flags, v Them on Sunday tunes and flags but plenty room, its a proper sash bash.
Most of the members were away to braga with alot of the flags. I was over for the old firm game. Place was rocking and the tunes were great before and after

You can watch the the Cup Final at the Bermondsey Bierkeller with the RFCSA London Branch. It’s a very large venue so numbers won’t be a problem. The Bierkeller isn’t actually in Bermondsey but at London Bridge so great transport links to all parts of London. Watch out for updates on our social media sites and the excellent Rangers Fans - London and South East Facebook page. Send me a message and I’ll be happy to update anyone on games in London.

How come yous left the GM?

RBL Hounslow
Bermondsey Bierkeller
Dice Bar Croydon

The final is on Bbc One Scotland.

How come yous left the GM?
We felt that with the Branch growing we needed a venue that was bigger, more central with better transport links and gave us more flexibility for events etc. We’re hoping the Bierkeller is that venue. As you know it resulted in members who wanted to remain at the GM forming their own RSC and we wish them well. The more opportunities for Rangers fans in London to watch our team in the company of like minded folk the better. The fact that the GM was sold out on Sunday and the Bierkeller was packed somewhat vindicates our decision.

I was in the Bierkeller on Sunday and think it will be an ideal venue. Excellent transport links with it being a stone's throw from London Bridge so will be much easier for those just visiting. The layout means the pub can continue to have normal clientele. No holding back on the atmosphere either unlike the Covent Garden pub that was used a couple of times recently.

The more London and South East options the better. Nothing wrong with the GM (well, apart from the name) but it's not big enough for OF games.

I was in the Bierkeller on Sunday and think it will be an ideal venue. Excellent transport links with it being a stone's throw from London Bridge so will be much easier for those just visiting. The layout means the pub can continue to have normal clientele. No holding back on the atmosphere either unlike the Covent Garden pub that was used a couple of times recently.

The more London and South East options the better. Nothing wrong with the GM (well, apart from the name) but it's not big enough for OF games.
That's really welcome feedback. Over the coming weeks, we'll be exploring ideas for using the Bierkeller for various Branch and/or fundraising events - sash bash, games nights, quizzes, a night with our friends from SV Hamburg and other RSCs, legends nights and so on - with the odd game thrown in of course! At the end of the day, all we want to do is support and promote the Rangers.

Must be some pubs going cheap after Covid - a fan-owned venue in London would be great. Tried and ultimately failed with the Cock Tavern in Smithfield before, but there was issue after issue there that the owners had to deal with.

We felt that with the Branch growing we needed a venue that was bigger, more central with better transport links and gave us more flexibility for events etc. We’re hoping the Bierkeller is that venue. As you know it resulted in members who wanted to remain at the GM forming their own RSC and we wish them well. The more opportunities for Rangers fans in London to watch our team in the company of like minded folk the better. The fact that the GM was sold out on Sunday and the Bierkeller was packed somewhat vindicates our decision.

Ah I never knew that. Thanks for update.

Must be some pubs going cheap after Covid - a fan-owned venue in London would be great. Tried and ultimately failed with the Cock Tavern in Smithfield before, but there was issue after issue there that the owners had to deal with.
I know a couple who were involved in that and the rest of the time outside of when Rangers are playing is tricky for a fan-owned/run venue.

It was absolutey with the attempt though.

Sounds like a good central London venue now for London Branch - it needs that.
We have our club over in Berkshire with a central location to watch games in and it makes a big difference for the venue to be easy to get to, especially for new visitors as opposed to regular members.

I know a couple who were involved in that and the rest of the time outside of when Rangers are playing is tricky for a fan-owned/run venue.

It was absolutey with the attempt though.

Sounds like a good central London venue now for London Branch - it needs that.
We have our club over in Berkshire with a central location to watch games in and it makes a big difference for the venue to be easy to get to, especially for new visitors as opposed to regular members.

Yes, depends a lot on the location. The footfall in Smithfield just wasn't there, it wasn't the type of pub to drop in for pint when passing. They tried functions and promoting it as a pre-club venue, but to no avail ultimately. There were also various issues with some of the managers hired who, shall we say, were not running things well. License/opening hours didn't help either.

London Bridge venue looks good.

Back