MOTM Poll Scottish Cup Final - Rangers v Hearts - Saturday 3pm Premier Sports and BBC 1

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
He did well because the pass from Kent was poor, should have been played further in front. Great finish though
Exactly what I thought. I gave it a 'FFS Kent' as he played the pass.

We had quite a few passes weighted on the short side throughout the match. Pitch over-watering maybe?

It took time. Extra time, but we slowly began to dominate in the 2nd half. Hearts played a stifling game and it could have paid off. They doubled up on Tav and Kent. Our midfield was non-existant until Jack and Kamara came on. Davis and Arfield were ineffective. Lundstram grew into the game later on. Joe was posted missing as the central pivot. Only Kent and Bassey were instrumental in going forward. Thankly, Gio brought on a real midfield and we took off. Very unlucky not to win it in normal time. Jack’s goal was sublime. What a relief. Then Kent set up Wright and the Cup was in the bag. Motm Count Bassey. What that young man has brought to the team in the past 3 months is nothing short of a miracle.

Exactly what I thought. I gave it a 'FFS Kent' as he played the pass.

We had quite a few passes weighted on the short side throughout the match. Pitch over-watering maybe?

Durranty did too on commentary, luckily Wright did the biz

There was no doubt we were the better team but the longer it remained goalless the fear of losing a goal to a mistake or a bad referee’s decision began to grow for me. The substitutes all played a great game - Wright, Jack, Kamara and Sakala too but Bassey was the standout throughout. Extra time was superb and it would have been a cricket score if we played like that from the start.

We end the season with Silverware, onwards and upwards next season.

Bit of a rollercoaster, but well played Rangers.

To be fair having to go into extra time to beat Hearts shows me he is not picking the right players,the main thing is we won but I don't think it's because of Gio it's because our players never know when they are beaten,Gio will get next season for sure but he does not fill me with confidence.
Dont you think that playing in the heat on Wednesday and playing another 120 mins would take its toll on some players ??????

Loved the game, the right result. Extra time etc the best way to decide games. Can remember when our final against Hibs went to two replays. Now that final really was one for the fans! It needed a lot of will power to watch 3 pretty ordinary games. Probably not appreciated by younger supporters.

Manner of the win makes this really satisfying. Does it ease the pain from Wednesday, no, but it's a start. These players turn up for Gio, we had a firm grip on the game; clearly the better and fitter side. Two smashing goals too. Enjoy yourselves tonight People

Last edited:
Still hurting from Wednesday but glad we won today.
Love all of you guys, not in a gay way though:))
Although we never won the league at least we will always be the people!

A great end to a unique season.

Phenomenal effort for Rangers to come off 120 mins in stifling heat on Wed., travel home, attend a funeral of a much-loved friend, then come out and power through a very physical challenge and totally dominate extra-time.

We ARE the people.

(Hearts cheating tactics and inconsistent refereeing swept aside...)

For me, the only thing about Gio is why he doesn't play Lowry more

You always run a risk bringing an inexperienced player into an important match. If they do badly or make a mistake or lose, it can knock their confidence and that can take a while to recover from. Similar SG and Nathan.

We couldnt end this season with no silverware so delighted to finish the season with a victory. I dont think I will ever get over Wednesday but it would have been a travesty had this group of players not lifted the cup today. We werent at our best today but what character they have and their fitness levels are immense. A deserved victory in the end.

I expect a couple of players will move on for big money and I am actually looking forward to Gio bringing in new players and freshening the squad up.

This team have given us some fantastic times with 55 and great european nights especially this season but hoping we can continue to progress and get title 56 next year and another great run in europe.

Enjoy your evening and the break but cant wait until the new season begins. Onwards and upwards. WATP.

You always run a risk bringing an inexperienced player into an important match. If they do badly or make a mistake or lose, it can knock their confidence and that can take a while to recover from. Similar SG and Nathan.
I sincerely hope young Lowry is part of it all from the off next season. I cannot envisage him being anything other than central to the first team next time around.

Back