Scottish cup financial distribution and payments, 2021 -2022

Fergie11

Screenshot-2021-07-22-at-13-55-59.png

Id use the Cups as games to get the development players game time, similar to what most EPL clubs do in England.

The fact is in Scotland the Cups arent really worth much, aside from the historic prestige of the Scottish Cup. The League Cup is less than worthless.

Id use the Cups as games to get the development players game time, similar to what most EPL clubs do in England.

The fact is in Scotland the Cups arent really worth much, aside from the historic prestige of the Scottish Cup. The League Cup is less than worthless.

I go back and forth on the League Cup. I can understand it's largely meaningless in the sense it doesn't even guarantee the winner European football, but it is a trophy we've won more than any other side and holds some pretty special memories for Rangers fans of all ages. (Well, maybe not younger fans just yet but one day....)

Even the likes of St Mirren and Kilmarnock would see that as pointless.

I know cup games isn't supposed to be about the money but seeing that just shows how valuable the TV companies and SFA think it is.

I agree but only once we’ve actually won a couple of cups. Our record so far, including under, needs addressed ASAP.

Treble this season…

I agree but only once we’ve actually won a couple of cups. Our record so far, including under, needs addressed ASAP.

Treble this season…
Perhaps but for Rangers the title is 1 and progression on the European stage is 1.5 because without that everything is going pear shaped (see Celt!c).

Really all the double, treble, whateverble stuff is just PR that fools people not paying attention that things arent actually progressing.

Actually using these cups as development games is massively progressive in a football sense and really has no downside. Not only do the younger players get game time but you can rest the key players in between a really hectic mix of League and European matches.

That is pathetic and further underlines how useless the people running our game are.Obviously you want to win trophies but it's getting to the stage where you would not want to risk key players for the sake of a few grand.
It's well passed the time for a clear out of the blazers and time to introduce commercially aware business people.

Agree to an extent

A half and half team maybe, as a complete junior side would get pumped first round potentially.

5-6 senior pros with 5-6 development players

Winning the league and Doing well in Europe should always be our no1 priorities. Domestic cups are a bonus but way down the priority line

You get more for winning the League Cup than you do the Scottish Cup.

Back