Scottish Cup Semi Final emails/issues with ticketing website again

Even with the current ticketing system it should be fairly easy to:

1. Require log before attempting purchase, sale only visible to qualifying fans.

2. Stagger sales within each category. eg Gold 10am 28th to 10am 29th, Silver 1700+ 10am 29th to 10am 30th, Silver 1600+ …and so on.

And make the stadium plan visible so you can choose seats.
You want Gold members first dibs at the food kiosks too?

Would be so easy for the club to email people and ask for their preference, be that a google form or a page on the website. Select 1st/2nd/3rd choice. Those at the top get their first preference and work down

That’s if you wanted to base it off points. If not, get people to register preference and then it’s just your luck what you get
Your plan fell at the first hurdle, why would they do anything that creates more work for them when they can just sit back while we get annoyed at the rubbish website. They will sell all the tickets regardless :))

Your plan fell at the first hurdle, why would they do anything that creates more work for them when they can just sit back while we get annoyed at the rubbish website. They will sell all the tickets regardless :))
Silly suggestion anyway. What next, gold should be given a padded seat?

Silly suggestion anyway. What next, gold should be given a padded seat?
The easiest solution would be that those who want the west stand leave it for a couple of hours since they are the least likely to be snapped up and there are enough tickets for everyone with the requirement. They must be more than half our allocation so would greatly reduce the traffic on the website.

Anybody rushing on at the start to buy a West stand ticket must be off their head :))

Knew it would be mental yesterday, so waited until this morning.

Logged in and North Stand ticket purchased in about a minute.
How is this possible when I’ve been trying since 9pm last night and every time I log in only West stand tickets are available?

I’ve been on about 6-7 different times and only have the option of West stand!!

The easiest solution would be that those who want the west stand leave it for a couple of hours since they are the least likely to be snapped up and there are enough tickets for everyone with the requirement. They must be more than half our allocation so would greatly reduce the traffic on the website.

Anybody rushing on at the start to buy a West stand ticket must be off their head :))
Like it , bonkers rushing to get a ticket in there, binoculars don’t work it’s that far away.

I feel for all the bears that ended up spending hours trying to secure their ticket, at last the club is changing things from next season.

It might be that I was just lucky, however I logged on at around 5pm after a 5 minute wait in the queued got a North stand ticket confirmed by email minutes later.

The current system seems unable to cope with the initial rush, therefore will leave it a few hours for the final.
The problem for any system they put in is a huge initial surge, look at even ticketmaster etc as soon as huge gigs go on sale, you wait in a queue for ages.
I don’t know much about these systems but can it be ecomomic to put in a system that can cope with massive demand on only a very few occasions a year

Still having problems purchasing- every time I put in debit card details, I get the message there is an issue with customer payment please check address and phone number - this is the first time I’ve had this recurring issue without any sign of it going through.
I’ve emailed the ticket office who said keep trying and if this still persists I can go into the ticket office to purchase :mad:

Still having problems purchasing- every time I put in debit card details, I get the message there is an issue with customer payment please check address and phone number - this is the first time I’ve had this recurring issue without any sign of it going through.
I’ve emailed the ticket office who said keep trying and if this still persists I can go into the ticket office to purchase :mad:
do you not have another card you can try? For some reason it wasn’t accepting my debit card ether. Was fine with my Mastercard. It’s a shambles.

You want Gold members first dibs at the food kiosks too?
Ahh, scrap priority based on loyalty, lets go back a free for all.

It is only right that those who have accumulated the most points get first shout.

I am high silver and if don’t have an issue with anyone who has more points than me getting in ahead of me.

You would get people on lower points saying it’s unfair as they would be more likely to be given west
Probably, but you have lower points you get what remains when it is your turn.

If you don’t like what is left you either don’t buy or pass your ticket to one of the many thousands who would snap your handboff for it.

Anyone else unable to view order history? Reckon that means a MyGers points update is pending?
It has been unavailable for about a week.
Next MyGers update isn’t till the end of April.
ST renewals will be out before then.

How do you work friends and family with different points totals then if they can't get the same stand?

If high points go for the south stand which is the best seats they sell out and others including possibly young kids end up in a different stand.
You take your chance, if you have higher points in your sale and don’t buy waiting for the lower points sale.

Or better there should be a section of seats where people actually sit down that is reserved for those with children. The Club can calculate the number of kids linked to adult members and put that number of seats aside. Again easy to do.

The problem for any system they put in is a huge initial surge, look at even ticketmaster etc as soon as huge gigs go on sale, you wait in a queue for ages.
I don’t know much about these systems but can it be ecomomic to put in a system that can cope with massive demand on only a very few occasions a year
I'd like to think this is being actively discussed with this supposed move to seat geek. Day to day the ticketing website doesn't require a huge amount of resources, but a couple of times a year it really needs to be ramped up. Seat Geek, from what I've read, appear to be a fairly big deal in the ticketing world, so surely they'd be able to offer that flexibility. It'll cost though, so whether or not the club will be willing to pay, who knows.

Ahh, scrap priority based on loyalty, lets go back a free for all.

It is only right that those who have accumulated the most points get first shout.

I am high silver and if don’t have an issue with anyone who has more points than me getting in ahead of me.
Priority yes.Elitism no.Gold already gets benefits.I would draw the line at higher points being able to pick what seats they want first.

You take your chance, if you have higher points in your sale and don’t buy waiting for the lower points sale.

Or better there should be a section of seats where people actually sit down that is reserved for those with children. The Club can calculate the number of kids linked to adult members and put that number of seats aside. Again easy to do.
Or better, my suggestion previously, if you want west stand tickets then leave it a couple of hours to reduce traffic. The club doesn't need to do anything and it becomes easier for those who want the other stands to buy tickets. Everybody will get a ticket that meets the criteria anyway.

All these convoluted schemes that are dreamt up on here are unlikely to happen as the club won't want to put the effort in. Surely that has become obvious to people by now?

How is this possible when I’ve been trying since 9pm last night and every time I log in only West stand tickets are available?

I’ve been on about 6-7 different times and only have the option of West stand!!

I am almost certain that North and South tickets are released in batches mate, and it is just your luck if you go online at the time some are released.

For the final last season, it was 2 days after the sale opened that I went onto buy, and got South Upper, which had been greyed out for everyone since about 2hrs after the sale started.

It shows this happens because when the points required has dropped in previous games, you see folk on here regularly saying they have bought North and South in 2nd wave of points.

It has been unavailable for about a week.
Next MyGers update isn’t till the end of April.
ST renewals will be out before then.
Points update is done every 12 weeks so should start to see movement next week at some point. The email to confirm the new points should be sent the week after (going by the Jan update).

I am almost certain that North and South tickets are released in batches mate, and it is just your luck if you go online at the time some are released.

For the final last season, it was 2 days after the sale opened that I went onto buy, and got South Upper, which had been greyed out for everyone since about 2hrs after the sale started.

It shows this happens because when the points required has dropped in previous games, you see folk on here regularly saying they have bought North and South in 2nd wave of points.
That is shocking. All tickets will be sold anyway. North and South should be available at the start.

I’ve purchased a West stand ticket, will try for aNorth in the general sale and punt the west one if I’m in luck.

That is shocking. All tickets will be sold anyway. North and South should be available at the start.

I’ve purchased a West stand ticket, will try for aNorth in the general sale and punt the west one if I’m in luck.
You’ll be stuck with the west stand as There won’t be a general sale, this won’t fall out of priority group 1

I got on and bought my ticket in less than a minute yesterday afternoon. Was during work right enough, maybe less people on at that time.

It must drop below group 1. No way there are 20,000 or whatever the allocation is, in group 1.

I agree, probably not going to general sale right enough.

Wish I had waited till Monday to buy.
Mate - you’ve got this all wrong.

It will not fall anywhere near the bottom of group one.

It MIGHT hit 1100 mygers points in group one at best.

General sale ffs.

It must drop below group 1. No way there are 20,000 or whatever the allocation is, in group 1.

It didn't for the League Cup final.

There will be thousands probably in group one that wont get a ticket, my pal is group one and won't get a ticket.

I'd like to think this is being actively discussed with this supposed move to seat geek. Day to day the ticketing website doesn't require a huge amount of resources, but a couple of times a year it really needs to be ramped up. Seat Geek, from what I've read, appear to be a fairly big deal in the ticketing world, so surely they'd be able to offer that flexibility. It'll cost though, so whether or not the club will be willing to pay, who knows.
It will be us paying, not the club, i expect admin fees for each ticket will cover it.

Bottom line is ( in my opinion) Rangers maximum allocation is 22000 but is probably less due to sfa top slice

From that they have to top slice for non my gers groups including supporters clubs, players, sponsors and lucrative corporate hospitality

That leaves around 16000 for my gers which only covers around 3/4’s of group one

League cup second ballot only dropped by a few points so will be similar this time

My email for priority group 1 came through at 4am this morning - Just the 2 days after tickets went on sale!

Mate - you’ve got this all wrong.

It will not fall anywhere near the bottom of group one.

It MIGHT hit 1100 mygers points in group one at best.

General sale ffs.

Hopefully it drops even 5 points in Group 1 and Step Son can get in lol

other part of me thinks that's what he gets when he fell out with the world and didn't want to go to the games for 6 weeks ... think of those swipes :D

Hopefully it drops even 5 points in Group 1 and Step Son can get in lol

other part of me thinks that's what he gets when he fell out with the world and didn't want to go to the games for 6 weeks ... think of those swipes :D
Haha - karma for the poor bugger but that’s a hard lesson for him!

I think you’ll be fine - certainly dropped more than five points for the final.

I am Group 1 and nowhere near the current points cut-off was the same for the LCF

For the Semi-final against Aberdeen I made the initial cut-off point by 50 points and that was with a larger initial allocation - that before we got additional tickets in December

Wouldn't be surprise if Group 1 is between 20k-25k in total

Back