Scottish Cup the next priority

Bear all

With all the Leagues starting back this will be their next driven agenda to make sure the sum have the chance to win another Treble,the fact the play off pyramid route was abandoned by the SFA will have no bearing on the, the SFA and SPFL both checks of the same arse.

I think it generates a few million for the SPFL/SFA - they will be wanting it to go ahead.

Edit* I don't think it should go ahead...just saying that they'll want it to.

Last edited:
Petrie has already confirmed it will be played to a conclusion. Even if they have to wait until 2021. We could have a club knocked out of the 20/21 Scottish Cup but still to play their semi-final or final of the 19/20 Scottish Cup. It’s crazy. And that’s before we get to how each squad is comprised.

I think it generates a few million for the SPFL - they will be wanting it to go ahead.

Behind closed doors it will generate hee-haw. No way you can finish a competition the next season when squads for some teams might look unrecognizable. If they mothball the Championship are they going to ask Hearts to come back and play a single game just so the tainted title can become a corrupt treble?

With squads being decimated then there is no way it can be finished but then again we are living in Scotland so you know the answer.

Petrie has already confirmed it will be played to a conclusion. Even if they have to wait until 2021. We could have a club knocked out of the 20/21 Scottish Cup but still to play their semi-final or final of the 19/20 Scottish Cup. It’s crazy. And that’s before we get to how each squad is comprised.
If Hearts had any real desire to take the Placemen to task they should refuse to play the Semi Final,but knowing them they are probably using it as a bargaining chip just now.

With squads being decimated then there is no way it can be finished but then again we are living in Scotland so you know the answer.
I'm saying when we are about to get back to normal these games will be at the forefront,I know it's out of our control but yet again its proving all the goal posts are being moved yet again for the Scum .

Behind closed doors it will generate hee-haw. No way you can finish a competition the next season when squads for some teams might look unrecognizable. If they mothball the Championship are they going to ask Hearts to come back and play a single game just so the tainted title can become a corrupt treble?
They will if they are offered something .

Surly the Scottish Cup is part of the season 19/20 campaign and now it has been stopped how the fcuk can you play a cup game when the league season ended. This is a farce and needs called out if this happens it’s fcuking corrupt to the core.

This , I am now more concerned about what happens next season
Okay, but does it not infuriate you how the goalposts keep getting moved to ensure this septic team go down, on paper at least, as breaking as many records as possible, as being as successful as possible?
The rush to get the season finished but not really finished.
For example, do Hearts, Hibs and the sheep not get various amounts of money for getting to the semi finals?
Or does this money not qualify as "much needed"?

Don’t forget the tunnocks caramel wafer cup ( or whatever it’s current name is) will also be completed next season, that is their justification and precedent

must be a lot of sponsors money tied up in chocolate biscuits

Go one further.
What is the rule regarding player registration for the Scottish Cup.
If Hearts, for example, signed a Rangers player who played in the 19-20 competition, would he be
cup-tied for the semi final?
If we signed a Hearts player for next season, would he be allowed, would it be demanded, that he was avialable for their semi final
It's nothing short of shambolic.
Hearts, might be relegated and need to sell their better players but need to play last seasons tournament.
Of course, this is only to give the scum the chance to win another trophy.

Again this competition has a big * beside it for a number of reasons: it wasn’t concluded on time; playing squads will be completely different.
We all know that everything is being done to give another tainted trophy to the enablers.

Their quest for tainted honours won't be complete until they have this one as well.

I can see the 3 remaining games being touted as trial runs for behind closed doors to start up again next season because they aren't getting handed this one ...

It's only getting played as they can't think of a reason to justify awarding it to Celtic
If Hearts had any dignity they would refuse to finish it,but they haven't so they will keep on jumping through hoops to save themselves from Relegation.

Their quest for tainted honours won't be complete until they have this one as well.

I can see the 3 remaining games being touted as trial runs for behind closed doors to start up again next season because they aren't getting handed this one ...
Yes that's what I'm thinking these games will be pushed to front ,that's a good point you made there playing the Scottish Cup has a trial for the League restarting absolutely perfect.

The Pyramid play off in the Highland and Lowland leagues were abandoned, I'm sure that the SFA are in charge of these is that right.

Yes that's what I'm thinking these games will be pushed to front ,that's a good point you made there playing the Scottish Cup has a trial for the League restarting absolutely perfect.
Maxwell stated on TV that the cup games will be played out even if its next year and stressed that they will not be played till fans can attend due to revenue for SFA but watch this space.

Scotland is the only league set-up in world football that has prioritised a domestic cup over their league during this pandemic.

They’ve stated they couldn’t complete 3 league play-off games but can complete 3 cup games. Coincidentally playing the play-off games would have seen their resolution to end the season fail.

Will anyone with a bit of media clout dare to ask the obvious questions here?

Scotland is the only league set-up in world football that has prioritised a domestic cup over their league during this pandemic.

They’ve stated they couldn’t complete 3 league play-off games but can complete 3 cup games. Coincidentally playing the play-off games would have seen their resolution to end the season fail.

Will anyone with a bit of media clout dare to ask the obvious questions here?

I wonder why? :rolleyes:

Will the Scottish Cup as we know it even happen for 20/21? Genuine question.

Talk of scores of lower league clubs essentially being mothballed for 6 months while the preliminary rounds would be going on. What happens then?

All pertinent points.
All of which will be totally ignored by the corrupt SFA.

And if Hearts are still relegated, they will need to cut their cloth accordingly so will have a weaker squad when playing out the final! It genuinely is laughable how this is all playing out for one team only!

Okay, but does it not infuriate you how the goalposts keep getting moved to ensure this septic team go down, on paper at least, as breaking as many records as possible, as being as successful as possible?
The rush to get the season finished but not really finished.
For example, do Hearts, Hibs and the sheep not get various amounts of money for getting to the semi finals?
Or does this money not qualify as "much needed"?

It does infuriate me but there is nothing you or I can do about it, it’s going to happen not matter what.

Aye and if ( when)they lose league
Down to amount of games they had to play.c unts

I was under the impression that it would be almost impossible to complete the Scottish cup especially after Hibs just released all loan and out of contract players.

They'll complete it under the pretence of the Scottish Cup sponsorship/TV deal.

In reality, it's the only way to ensure Celtic get another tainted treble.

This is why pig eyed Pete is at the meeting to ensure a festival of football week to open the new season by playing out the Scottish Cup,corrupt bastards.

Largely similar to what UEFA plan to do with the EL/CL.

Back