Scottish cup?

BF_Loyalist

Do we think this will get played this season? Even if it is delayed a month or so it would be easy enough to fit in fixtures coming up near the end of the season? Would be a shame if it was totally scrapped

Depends on if the League 1 and 2 clubs plus the non league can play again once 1st February happens

Could they do it with 22 teams - 12 premiership and 10 Championship?

Financially for the Scottish FA they need it still happening otherwise Premier Sports and BBC Scotland will be looking for money back

I think it'll get played. Can see league 1 & 2 starting back for the beginning of Feb and they'll have enough space to squeeze in the games.

Depends on if the League 1 and 2 clubs plus the non league can play again once 1st February happens

Could they do it with 22 teams - 12 premiership and 10 Championship?

Financially for the Scottish FA they need it still happening otherwise Premier Sports and BBC Scotland will be looking for money back
Would it be cheaper for the SFA to pay for tests for these clubs to finish there leagues and play in the cup?

Would it be cheaper for the SFA to pay for tests for these clubs to finish there leagues and play in the cup?
Something might have to be done if they want to avoid issues yes it could cheaper for the SFA to pay for the testing below the Premiership

Catch 22 for me, happy to see it binned in some respects this season but yet - we could be on for a Double. The league has always been the aim but to add a cup would be incredible. Still a tiny bit frustrated at the St Mirren result in the LC... (only a tiny)

Considering the SFA ensured last seasons was played to a finish hard to believe they won’t do the same this season. It’s worth an enormous amount to them financially.

Does it have a sponsor?
Is there TV rights?

Answer yes to any one of these questions and it will be played.

Considering the SFA jumped through 'hoops' to get last seasons tournament played to a finish (less than a month ago) it would be very poor if this season's wasn't played.
Nothing would surprise me though. The levels of incompetence seem to keep sky rocketing

I think it'll get played. Can see league 1 & 2 starting back for the beginning of Feb and they'll have enough space to squeeze in the games.
They should make league 1 and 2 play Wednesday Saturday every week where possible same applies to the championship

Considering the SFA jumped through 'hoops' to get last seasons tournament played to a finish (less than a month ago) it would be very poor if this season's wasn't played.
Nothing would surprise me though. The levels of incompetence seem to keep sky rocketing
All comps will be played to a finish. They need the dough.

Back