Scottish football attendance and viewer stats

Remo-town

Surely the way we have responded with virtual
Season tickets there must be a loop hole for us to pull out this terrible deal we are in and again explore what we tried back then our own tv channel (I’m sure back then we Wete looking at showing other games Aswell ) im sure we could do anything now to better the deal we have and also to fk the rest of the teams of who sided with Doncaster , im
Sure even putting an old firm to ppv world wide , 1 game alone would pull in more than we get now I’m sure
I see your point, but I'm not sure they would be allowed to.

das

Surely the way we have responded with virtual
Season tickets there must be a loop hole for us to pull out this terrible deal we are in and again explore what we tried back then our own tv channel (I’m sure back then we Wete looking at showing other games Aswell ) im sure we could do anything now to better the deal we have and also to fk the rest of the teams of who sided with Doncaster , im
Sure even putting an old firm to ppv world wide , 1 game alone would pull in more than we get now I’m sure
VSTs were only allowed because sky permitted it. They don't cover games being shown on sky either I don't think so that argument won't work.

JamesMc

VSTs were only allowed because sky permitted it. They don't cover games being shown on sky either I don't think so that argument won't work.
That’s what a mean tho is there no way to break away from the rest of clubs and start something on our own , surely showing our games ppv or selling rights to broadcasters , would make far more than what we get just now , the money is embarrassing

das

That’s what a mean tho is there no way to break away from the rest of clubs and start something on our own , surely showing our games ppv or selling rights to broadcasters , would make far more than what we get just now , the money is embarrassing
I would doubt it because they would be entitled to payment too as opposition. Plus I doubt they would vote for it as their TV rights other than playing us or them would be minimal although some teams do have their equivalent of RTV for overseas viewers.

We would have to do it though some form of TV channel as I would think most big customers such as pubs and clubs wouldn't go for online all the time.

yardie

Populations and crowds are one thing, but to attract big tv deals which are financed by big advertising income, you need a competitive and fair competition involving at least two major players.

The powers at be in Scotland appear not to recognise this at best, or are against it at worst, either way is a sacking offence. The financial gains that the Scottish game is missing out on affects all clubs and therefore stops the game progressing.

Other clubs and their supporters need to wake up to what is going on.

mkgers

As far as I know the SPL own the rights to the games played in their competitions so dont believe this is an option unfortunately.

Balogun1

All the job really consists of is helping the bheasts to tainted ten
In a nutshell. That’s all they care about. If we win the league this year, it will break them, absolutely destroy them. They had us handicapped, put down the leagues, demonised by the media and other clubs, engineered a situation whereby the sfa and referees bend over backwards to aid them. For us to overcome that and prevail will be magnificent. Gerrard faces obstacles no other Rangers Manager has faced. Let’s hope we do it.

Balogun1

As far as I know the SPL own the rights to the games played in their competitions so dont believe this is an option unfortunately.
Clubs can give notice to leave, as happened in England to form the Premiership and in Scotland for the SPL. Not sure that enough clubs care, to make this happen. They appear to be happy to march to the beat of the paedos’ drum.

jackstar

How on earth do these people get elected,yes we know the answer,that they're answerable to Lawwell. But if this guy is voted in by the Clubs,surely they should vote them out. Clearly they haven't realised the revenue lost which should've been filtering down to Clubs. They deserve all they get in a sense.

_DON_

How on earth do these people get elected,yes we know the answer,that they're answerable to Lawwell. But if this guy is voted in by the Clubs,surely they should vote them out. Clearly they haven't realised the revenue lost which should've been filtering down to Clubs. They deserve all they get in a sense.

Basically jobs for life. The same thing was going on a UEFA where guys were sitting on the board for decades, until they got somewhat exposed and the new guy Čeferin seems to cleaning up a lot.

the only way is up

Those are breathtaking numbers.
Any competent Board seeing those numbers would immediately sack their executive team for clear incompetence.
An only half-decent marketer would rip-up the existing deals and get new ones at least three times better.
Unf@ckingbelievable.....
The issue is Sky bundle the English Games so if you want to watch Scottish games on their platform you have to contribute to that, there is no opt out. 100% if you want to watch via any other broadcaster on their platform. Or they’ll just opt for the cup games, or just opt for old firm games to keep you on the hook. I can see Amazon breaking the stranglehold but they probably haven’t bothered to speak to them. It suits the leaders of the game to have a poor tv deal, keeps the income gap suitably large.

Cambuslang Bear

I bet Donkeycaster and co, scoffed at Barry Hearn when he suggested the CEO would be sacked if he worked for him without a sponsorship deal ?
If only he was in charge in Scotland I’m certain the sponsorship deals would be 5 fold at least better than what we currently have

I've posted similar in the past. Barry Hearn (moreso his boy) is an absolute weapon. But he could sell ice to eskimos.

Latest posts

change consent