Scottish football is the worst i've seen it

Scottish 'football' hated itself to death in 2012. What we are seeing now is completely different sport to what is played in England, where physical assault and trying to antagonize the best striker the league has seen in many years are seen as legitimate tactics.

Now, all every other 'football' club in the country cares about is stopping Rangers winning title number 55. That's it. That's all they care about now. So when it happens in May, it's going to be the best GIRUY party every seen.
Was the same last season at the Piggery, Brown got plaudits for the way he caused it on the pitch not for his football skills but his gamesmanship which really should have seen him red carded.

Poor excuse

Hearts play the same way every week.

They have only beat Stenhousemuir at home over ninety minutes this season

Every other team have coped with Hearts style to take one or three points from Tynecastle, that includes Championship teams Inverness CT and Dundee United.

We never took the three points because of our performance, nothing to do with their style of play or the referee.
that isn't my point is it?

Scottish teams don't want to improve or change their philosophy to compete, they'd rather kick lumps out of us and sit back and hope for a draw.

It all comes back to finance. The league has two super rich clubs that hoover up the best talent and win everything. The others are just "diddy" clubs. No money, no fans and no hope. Every game they play against us and the bheasts they set out for a nil nil draw as a point is considered a success.

CL qualification is worth about £30 million apparently. Not a big deal for the big clubs in the EPL and elsewhere but here in Scotland it distorts and destroys competition.

It'll only get worse.

Did I hear the Commentator right yesterday when he said Ikpeazu was the most fouled man in the league, or did he mean Ikpeazu makes the most fouls in the league which is more likely.

Yes.

I mentioned it in match thread, as the irony was Morelos had been fouled about 4 times before that (in the first half alone), and constantly is fouled more.

Agree 100%. Once 55 is in the bag, there is no need to stay anymore. We will have completed Scottish 'football'. We've then got to make serious moves to get ourselves down to England, or alternatively try to join a European super league.

Leave the poets and the rest to stagnate in this pathetic backwater.

The chance came and went in 2012 imo. That was when we should have seriously looked at options to leave.

It all comes back to finance. The league has two super rich clubs that hoover up the best talent and win everything. The others are just "diddy" clubs. No money, no fans and no hope. Every game they play against us and the bheasts they set out for a nil nil draw as a point is considered a success.

CL qualification is worth about £30 million apparently. Not a big deal for the big clubs in the EPL and elsewhere but here in Scotland it distorts and destroys competition.

It'll only get worse.
Agree mate, although surely seeing how difficult it is for the likes of us and them to get near the CL, they must see the bigger picture.

That is, that in order to get European finances, you must improve the Co efficient of the country. So although us and them might be doing decent in the europa, we aren't putting a dent in it due to the other sides getting papped out early on. That could easily be us and them too if we got a poor draw.

In order to get the money, you need to be willing to change your philosophy and approach. Hearts were at their absolute maximum yesterday and we were at arguably our worst and they still weren't able to win. Hearts are in the top 4 stature of clubs in Scotland.

Having this narrow minded attitude about spoiling our day or Celtics day by getting a draw and celebrating it is what's wrong. Kicking shite out of our players, sitting on your goal line practically.

From our point of view we need to break through those teams, but overall its what holds this country back. I wouldn't fancy any team outwith top 2 to beat any European team no matter how obscure they are

To be fair, it was worse a few years ago when we had McCoist in the lower leagues and Celtic had that random Norwegian,

Agree 100%. Once 55 is in the bag, there is no need to stay anymore. We will have completed Scottish 'football'. We've then got to make serious moves to get ourselves down to England, or alternatively try to join a European super league.

Leave the poets and the rest to stagnate in this pathetic backwater.

If only it was that easy!!!

Michael Beale nailed it in his Heart and Hand interview. Teams shouldn't be allowed to play those rough house tactics by the refs. It gives us a point product to sell, and it weakens us in europe.

Teams shouldn't be expected to just roll over and let us win, but the rules of the game should be applied properly.
Sounds like he’s talking pish you play to your advantage exactly what we did to get to Manchester

Berra smashed through the back of Arfield to illegally win the ball.
No free kick given.
Mutton says it's top class by Berra.
Sums up our shitty game.

Smith and other cu*t they have at cb should have been off for persistent fouling, Ikpeazu should've been booked as a minimum.
You see Morelos losing at and no fuckin wonder he knows the ref is a 19th Century Terrorist cheating bastard.

1960s was probably the best era ever for Scottish football.

And our clubs will never ever reach those heights again as long as we are stuck in Scotland.

I’ve always thought we should just resign from Scottish football and apply to get into the English leagues. Even if we fail we can always try again the following season. I’d rather risk oblivion than be stuck here all eternity especially if that mob get 10. We will never win a European trophy again as long as we’re stuck here.

Makes the absence of Docherty all the more mystifying - are you telling me he couldn’t do a job in a physical midfield battle like that? We need a proper Jack deputy who can ‘mix it’ when required.

What makes you think he would have done any better?

Uche, Sammon, Dykes the amount of big physical strikers who are absolute pish at football up here is maddening and you wonder why we haven't been able to develop a top striker up here in years. Refs reward teams who play as human battering rams, the second refs start forcing teams to play good football or be punished for hammer throwers tactics is the day Scotland doesn't become a embarrassment at a sport it's so passionate about

Empty stands, terrible pitches, terrible commercial deals, dreadful refs, mystifying punditry, hatred of one of only two clubs which bring anything to the table, some tackles that would make you wince, shocking kick of times, lack of thought on travelling distances in mid winter, a national team which is of little interest to many and underp erforming at best.

Whats not to love.

Sounds like he’s talking pish you play to your advantage exactly what we did to get to Manchester

Hes not talking pish at all.

Hes saying that because Scottish refs let a brand of football get played here that is actually illegal, then when they go into europe then get reffed correctly, they invariably fail.

Hes not talking pish at all.

Hes saying that because Scottish refs let a brand of football get played here that is actually illegal, then when they go into europe then get reffed correctly, they invariably fail.

We fail because teams on the continent are better technically than us. I can see his point regarding what you get away with from the ref in a Scottish game to Europe but a good team always overcomes a bad referee, most of the time anyway.

Pep has revolutionised the game to the point whereby every modern coach thinks you need to play total football, playing out from the back but there's more than one way to skin a cat. There's no ''right way'' to play football imo, it's all about results. Certainly when it comes down to the team you support.

And there is 0 intention from anyone to make it better.

Great post OP. At least we tried to play football (badly). But without exception all the commentary on the game will praise Hearts and slate Rangers. This despite Hearts not attempting to string 2 passes together the whole game. And the rough house tactics encouraged by poor refereeing. The game in Scotland is in a dreadful state.

We fail because teams on the continent are better technically than us.

I don't fully subscribe to this assumption. I think the scottish player has the technique, it's just that the thought to employ the tact never enters their head.

Rather than hold on to the ball and look for the pass or opening - our players first thought is "Where the feck can I blooter this ball"

Hearts yesterday had two thoughts 1. Stop Rangers playing and creating any momentum. Fouls galore - mostly unpunished. 2. Hump the ball up to Uche and see if we can get a set-piece or break of the ball.

Christ knows what the Japanese player must be thinking. And Pep, I'd love to know what he would think about the game.

Apart from us and them, teams in Scotland play percentage football. Hearts got a free kick yesterday, about 10 yards inside their own half. Berra beckons their goalie, then everyone goes up for the long hump into the box. It's awful to watch.

Some of us have selective memory we put McCrorie into midfield to stop players playing it certainly wasn't on his technical attributes

We fail because teams on the continent are better technically than us. I can see his point regarding what you get away with from the ref in a Scottish game to Europe but a good team always overcomes a bad referee, most of the time anyway.

Pep has revolutionised the game to the point whereby every modern coach thinks you need to play total football, playing out from the back but there's more than one way to skin a cat. There's no ''right way'' to play football imo, it's all about results. Certainly when it comes down to the team you support.

I'm only focusing on one part of it. Go listen to what he says. It's 100% spot on. It's all part of a section about improving the quality of footballers Scotland produces, and in turn being able to get more money into the game through tv deals, sponsorship, transfer fees, prize money, attendances etc etc.

The product is poor but there is little money and teams are frightened to take risks as relegation could finish them.
That said the rich EPL is shite. Some horrific games down there.

The product is poor but there is little money and teams are frightened to take risks as relegation could finish them.
That said the rich EPL is shite. Some horrific games down there.

Correct.

Scottish football isn't alone in being of limited technical quality. It doesn't mean that we don't have entertaining games, although yesterday certainly wasn't one of them. We need a complete overhaul of our game. We need more people playing football and following football because right now our game is locked into a terminal decline.

Back