Scottish football - the game that hated itself to death

Southside_shug

I've seen this comment posted on here a wee while ago.

And not a truer statement made.

We beat the filth on 29th Dec .....and Morelos is still being mentioned being up to antics today in the Sun (3 men going to court for threats to Beaton story)

We win 4-2 away to Aberdeen in a great game of football - where sendings off and penalties are the only topics for conversation

We absolutely destroy a team who went 2 points clear of us 4 weeks ago 5-0 on Wednesday, but all the talk now is a penalty that never was , a red card that was and a song that offended when one didn't last Sunday.

Meanwhile a horde of Plastic Paddies are rampaging over in Spain, burning pubs and having major clashes with the police, and nothing is being reported , other than a song at the game on Wednesday.

our game is finished. - the game that hated itself to death

Agreed. I was pretty much finished with the rest of Scottish football back in summer 2012. Their behaviour against us sickened me then, and it’s getting worse IMO.

With hindsight, and given they were trying to strong arm us in order to get our playing licence back, perhaps we should have enquired about joining the lower leagues in England. And left Scottish football to wallow in it’s own bile.

Carstairs hasn't enough space for some of the lunatics that are wandering the streets in Scotland.

Things are grim when you’ve got a five year old boy up on stage being cheered to the rafters singing he hopes a Rangers employee dies. It’s now out of control hatred we have

The older my dad has got the more he has become less interested in Scottish football. This was a man that travelled home and away with Rangers for years and now he just can't be bothered with it at all. He's now 75 and probably hasn't set foot in Ibrox in over 20 years.

His apparent falling out of love with the Scottish game has always confused me, especially seen as he still enjoys watching other football on the TV, however the more I watch of Scottish football these days the more I can see myself doing the same as my old man in the future.

I love and will always love Rangers but someone made a very good point in another thread yesterday which I tended to agree with.

Scottish football in now not about football, it's about controversy and it's getting way out of hand. So much so that if it continues like this then I can't see myself continuing to watch it as the enjoyment for me is just non existent at the moment.

That might shock people but it genuinely how I feel at the moment.

We beat the filth on 29th Dec .....and Morelos is still being mentioned being up to antics today in the Sun (3 men going to court for threats to Beaton story)

We win 4-2 away to Aberdeen in a great game of football - where sendings off and penalties are the only topics for conversation

We absolutely destroy a team who went 2 points clear of us 4 weeks ago 5-0 on Wednesday, but all the talk now is a penalty that never was , a red card that was and a song that offended when one didn't last Sunday.

Meanwhile a horde of Plastic Paddies are rampaging over in Spain, burning pubs and having major clashes with the police, and nothing is being reported , other than a song at the game on Wednesday.

The LC semi ticket nonsense with the sheep is another example. They were happy to have big gaps in the stands, loose money rather than have us get more tickets.

Agreed. I was pretty much finished with the rest of Scottish football back in summer 2012. Their behaviour against us sickened me then, and it’s getting worse IMO.

With hindsight, and given they were trying to strong arm us in order to get our playing licence back, perhaps we should have enquired about joining the lower leagues in England. And left Scottish football to wallow in it’s own bile.

If we could have I'm sure we would have, unfortunately that option was never available to us,

For Scotland see a small village mentality!!only country in the world whereby the press and mhanky mhedia are urged and “encouraged “to conduct a witch-hunt,through strategically positioned bias vile “haters “.

It would put you off going to the games these days

The older my dad has got the more he has become less interested in Scottish football. This was a man that travelled home and away with Rangers for years and now he just can't be bothered with it at all. He's now 75 and probably hasn't set foot in Ibrox in over 20 years.

His apparent falling out of love with the Scottish game has always confused me, especially seen as he still enjoys watching other football on the TV, however the more I watch of Scottish football these days the more I can see myself doing the same as my old man in the future.

I love and will always love Rangers but someone made a very good point in another thread yesterday which I tended to agree with.

Scottish football in now not about football, it's about controversy and it's getting way out of hand. So much so that if it continues like this then I can't see myself continuing to watch it as the enjoyment for me is just non existent at the moment.

That might shock people but it genuinely how I feel at the moment.
It goes beyond football for me and goes to the very heart of the split in Scotland since 2014 and has been ramped up big style

If Rangers found a cure for cancer a,World starvation and resolved the worlds pollution problems Scotland would still find a reason to hate us.

It goes beyond football for me and goes to the very heart of the split in Scotland since 2014 and has been ramped up big style

Now you mention it, I think you might have a point there. The whole country seems to be at war with someone or something these days.

And with a pause for reflection and viewing incidents it is clear it WAS a red and WASN'T a penalty....why not take the time? Why create the media shitstorm at the time without any pause to reflect?

The LC semi ticket nonsense with the sheep is another example. They were happy to have big gaps in the stands, loose money rather than have us get more tickets.

As were Hibs at Easter Road, then reality bit them & now they need our cash...

Worst thing about SC tie is that Aberdeen won't be penalised.

"Okay, you can't provide allocation so it's a fine...."

Easy, and quick.

It would put you off going to the games these days
That is the ultimate goal mate.They thought they had us,they thought they had killed us off ,they were wrong.Now the long game has started,harm the club in every conceivable way ,make the club into a pariah,unattractive to future generations of supporters.It has been going on for nigh on 30 years now and is ramping up big style.All we would need is an independent Scotland and Rangers would be finished

Brilliant OP.

Pravda haven't got a look in with the sinister reporting that goes on in this wee shitehole of a Country from the mentally challenged poodles of the mhedia.
Shameful but unsurprising.

NS.

Back