Scottish football's attitude to Rangers

Technically it's already happened with McCulloch at Motherwell and with Wallace and was it Halliday in the exuberance cup final?
But yes, you're absolutely right. There was one instance I think it was Kent down in the bottom left hand corner in the second half was just off the pitch and some nutter was waving fists at him and all sorts. He was that close I actually thought he was going to punch him.
The behaviour of the Hearts fans towards us in recent years has been shocking and very bitter.
I've said this before on here, but I literally decided I hated them when some fannies who had jumped on the subway before a night game against us were giving it big licks walking up from the Subway. As they started by the burger van one of them with arms aloft and scarf outstretched started singing "you let your club die" and I swear to god this wee old guy (easily 60 plus)burst his face with two rapid digs and told him to fucking shut it. Young lad was greeting and saying ffs mate there's nae need for that.
Wee old guy told him to %^*& off and shut up or he'd get more of where that came from.
To be honest, I was proud as %^*& of the wee old guy, and have hated Hearts ever since. It had been building for a while, but as stated in the OP, levels have risen to unprecedented levels, and the only team now in the SPFL who I don't hate are Killie. Ross County haven't particularly bothered me yet either, but maybe I've just not seen the hatred from their fans towards us the same way I see it from the rest.
I know a few Hearts fans and always get on really well with them, but when it comes to football they detest us as much if not more than they detest sellik or even Hibs.
It really hit home to me when we went down the leagues and I was on holiday in Tenerife. There was a group of guys in their late 50's and 60's from Dundee. The language used to describe us and the gloating of our position was unbelievable from a provincial club's support really shocked me and that's when I realised the level of hatred directed towards us. There used to be some clubs I had a liking for, ie Morton, my local team. Not anymore, I wish ill on every team in this cesspit of a country.

It'll be the same celebrations from the micks, the sheep, the Arabs, the hivers, the hertz and any other fans that we gie it out to big style when THEY get fuuked so we know that the retaliation will be likewise.

Don't think it isnae.

I know there's always been rivalry and alot of resentment towards our club from the rest of Scottish football, but to me nowadays it's gone far, far deeper than just a football hatred. It's something sinister and much more deep rooted. We are hated by fans of every club and indeed that hatred seems to be actively encouraged. We saw yesterday Hearts fans foaming at the mouth any time one of our players went near the touchline but that's just the tip of the iceberg. I work with a Motherwell fan, a decent guy who just loves.his football and certainly is not one of those who hates us more than he loves his own club and he tells me regularly that the Motherwell support nowadays is increasingly starting to reach Celtic and Aberdeen levels of hatred and obsession of Rangers and that some of them don't really see themselves as having any true hatfed of any other club other than us. In his words "they seem to respect their rival clubs in a footballing sense and some of them are quite respectful of Celtic and the green brigade, they only seem to reserve their hatred for one club and that is Rangers". He also says that he believes alot of this is driven by politics and a number of their support being big Nats.

Now, I'm all for rivalry, all for tribalism, but it just seems that Scottish football fans are united in their obsession and hatred of Rangers and indeed put so much effort into this that they seem to value hating us more than they value supporting their own clubs. Is sickening.

I noticed that about Hearts fans on the touchline too.

Going off their nut, swearing, throwing their arms around just because Flanagan was picking the ball up.

It got me wondering if our fans ever do that and I genuinely don't think I've seen it outside an OF game.

I know a few Hearts fans and always get on really well with them, but when it comes to football they detest us as much if not more than they detest sellik or even Hibs.
It really hit home to me when we went down the leagues and I was on holiday in Tenerife. There was a group of guys in their late 50's and 60's from Dundee. The language used to describe us and the gloating of our position was unbelievable from a provincial club's support really shocked me and that's when I realised the level of hatred directed towards us. There used to be some clubs I had a liking for, ie Morton, my local team. Not anymore, I wish ill on every team in this cesspit of a country.
Ok

Dundee is flag wavin Yahoo land

I think its called social conditioning. Identify the enemy, then repeat lie after lie about them until it becomes reality. For as long as I can remember, the football public have been relentlessly fed stories of Rangers -supporting Masonic refs gifting Rangers penalties, titles and trophies, etc. Even when the empirical irrefutable evidence is laid out that Celtc have received more penalties and less red and yellow cards than Rangers, it still makes no difference, the myth still continues via BBC Scotland and others.

I know there's always been rivalry and alot of resentment towards our club from the rest of Scottish football, but to me nowadays it's gone far, far deeper than just a football hatred. It's something sinister and much more deep rooted. We are hated by fans of every club and indeed that hatred seems to be actively encouraged. We saw yesterday Hearts fans foaming at the mouth any time one of our players went near the touchline but that's just the tip of the iceberg. I work with a Motherwell fan, a decent guy who just loves.his football and certainly is not one of those who hates us more than he loves his own club and he tells me regularly that the Motherwell support nowadays is increasingly starting to reach Celtic and Aberdeen levels of hatred and obsession of Rangers and that some of them don't really see themselves as having any true hatfed of any other club other than us. In his words "they seem to respect their rival clubs in a footballing sense and some of them are quite respectful of Celtic and the green brigade, they only seem to reserve their hatred for one club and that is Rangers". He also says that he believes alot of this is driven by politics and a number of their support being big Nats.

Now, I'm all for rivalry, all for tribalism, but it just seems that Scottish football fans are united in their obsession and hatred of Rangers and indeed put so much effort into this that they seem to value hating us more than they value supporting their own clubs. Is sickening.

We have a plan to combat this.

1 Dont buy any newspapers

2 Dont listen to RC

3 I think that's about it.

I think its called social conditioning. Identify the enemy, then repeat lie after lie about them until it becomes reality. For as long as I can remember, the football public have been relentlessly fed stories of Rangers -supporting Masonic refs gifting Rangers penalties, titles and trophies, etc. Even when the empirical irrefutable evidence is laid out that Celtc have received more penalties and less red and yellow cards than Rangers, it still makes no difference, the myth still continues via BBC Scotland and others.

We're putting together a dossier.

The political aspect is definitely something that wasn't there before. My in laws are all Hibs and nats even though they are our "side of the fence", but they greeted that score yesterday like a cup final win, even though it was their local rivals who won the game. The hatred levels towards us and our club are now off the scale. I predict soon, one of our players is assaulted on or off the park and, God forbid, someone will be murdered

Every single player and member of the coaching staff was either spat on or assaulted after the cup final against Hibs. Tav was aggressively confronted by a Hibs fan at Easter road. Various objects have been thrown at our players this season including a quarter bottle of vodka and a cup of roasting hot bovril. Ex players and current players are being harassed on the street -- Novo and Morelos are two examples. Dorrans had a bottle smashed over his head in Ibiza. On two occasions Ryan Jack has needed security to protect him from Aberdeen fans on nights out after receiving verbal and physical abuse. A Celtic fan was recently jailed for threatening to slit the throats of Morelos and Kent. It's already happening.

I am an old guy who has been a regular supporter of Rangers for over 60 years and at no time do I recall anything like the hatred levelled at our club, as like now. Certainly, there was jealousy but trips to places like Pittodrie and the likes were usually quite pleasant experiences. I agree totally with the others who believe that the rise in nationalist support is the main reason for the intense dislike. That is underlined by the way any Rangers player is treated when they play for the national team. The second most likely reason is that most media outlets are now populated by people who go out of their way to display negativity about our club and that fuels the flames. OK, the hostility can be irritating but I suspect that like many others on FF, I am grateful to have had the privilege of positively being associated with our great club for a long time and if others choose to hate us, so what.

Going back to the inception of FF on-line the board was mixed - obviously so and some of the, dare I say it, banter was quite amusing.

There was of course the demented Viper was one - it may have Mad Phil or that other mentally challenged phuck Joe - they just got the pish ripped out them.

Nationalism plain and simple we're seen as fair game which spills into football this country will absolutely fuckin implode when we win the league and it will be glorious to witness

I'm sorry but why does this upset some of our support? It's no secret every other team and their support hate us and for me the feeling is very much mutual. The sooner our club and the hunks within our support adopt that attitude, the sooner the players will discover that ruthlessness that we have lacked for years.
I agree with this.

seen a bit of the st boo v sheep before our game, and it was noticeable at various points round the ground the prominent snp hoardings, near the dugout and at corner flag,

For me it’s a mix of things;

Nationalism & the SNP
We didn’t die and some still want to have the sly dig
We as a club put up with it and don’t express the feelings of the fan base (BBC, press etc)
There has always been a jealousy of us as the biggest club and general tribalism

I don’t go to away games but the opposition fans are spewing at the mouth any time any of our players are near the touch line. It angers me watching it and it is much more noticeable now.

I'm sorry but why does this upset some of our support? It's no secret every other team and their support hate us and for me the feeling is very much mutual. The sooner our club and the hunks within our support adopt that attitude, the sooner the players will discover that ruthlessness that we have lacked for years.
I don’t think anyone’s particularly upset by it, just pointing out it’s reaching new depths across Scottish football.

Since Sturgeon has unified a political party purely on the basis of hate (for the Tories, the English, the Union, Protestants or in fact anyone who doesn’t share their hard-done-by self-entitlement) then this sort of behaviour has been legitimised. Rangers FC are a natural and easy target. The Club of course never fight back, so it feeds on itself and grows.

Not that I am advocating a return to the aggro of the 70s, but in those days no one, absolutely no one, messed with us, and I suspect that a judiciously administered smacked head would sort out the neds hurling this abuse.

It's more than hatred. There is no banter, at least not with us, we're not allowed to engage in any sort of banter with fans of other clubs anymore, this is something I've noticed increasingly more. It's just pure abuse and poison spat at us.
This is crucial. It's NOT bantz. It's not a two way street. We're not allowed any opinions, or a seat at the table. We're excluded from the debate; be it sectarianism, politics, or how we're perceived and treated.

The whole thing came from the East End of Glasgow they ramped up the SNP and still do they go round doors to get all there friend to go to the city centre to protest for independence all these other clowns join them as there as thick as them

Said before in other threads for a while. The answer with a lot of the clubs come down to catholism.

They might have a small amount of catholics within their support. But they push the anti Rangers agenda well, sevco/cheats etc in a manner which the other more sensible supporters get caught up in. It ends up in a wee wave of euphoria, while mr catholism sits back and smiles at his work.

Nationalism too like some say has a part. But when you think of the percentage of voters who do actually vote, tha nats are toast. Every single Nat gets out and votes. The sit on your arse silent majority who don't vote could make a big difference. If of course they get off their arse and vote.

Bottom line though, Catholism and their expertise at conning others in to their way of thinking.

This is crucial. It's NOT bantz. It's not a two way street. We're not allowed any opinions, or a seat at the table. We're excluded from the debate; be it sectarianism, politics, or how we're perceived and treated.
Spot-on. This is cultural existentialism. They despise our values; RFC is only one emblem. They seek to destroy everything that doesn't mirror themselves.

As has been said already the club needs to recognise this attitude and realise that we should be doing absolutely nothing to help any other clubs

Imagine the sheer fan hatred from every club in England and the media seethe if Man City were to win 10 domestic trophies in a row with lots of contentious penalties and opponents red cards and their fans pillaged their way around the country singing anti-British terrorist songs home and away. Or would all the other clubs be Ok with it so long as Chelsea won FA & stayed in 2nd place?

This is mainly due to the hatred promoted by mentally challengeds in the media and their constant chip chip and mock offence at anything Rangers related. We have always had detractors in the press but it's now reached a whole new level. The BBC being the prime example.

That’s exactly what has happened. Unanswered propaganda of this type always leads to hatred. New standards being constantly set - as per the Morelos articles this season, etc.

They thought we were finished as a club as they lined up to take a boot when we were on our knees. They are now struggling to accept that we have bounced back stronger, that fuels there hatred and I for one love it.
I believe there is a lot of truth in this.... it sickens them that we are almost back on top..... which is nice ! :))

Without a shadow of a doubt, the rise of nationalism has seen the hatred directed at Unionist Rangers increase ten fold.

Can’t really write anything that other posters haven’t posted as couldn’t say it any better... other clubs thought for a long time we were done, pains them to see we aren’t. Social media is at an all time high too and it’s just full of trolls who love to start a bit of hate/drama...I feel lucky and proud to be a rangers fan, regardless of the abuse! I get it a lot in work, my works probably a majority of nationalists so it’s expected. I tend to let them get on with it, obsession

The atmosphere looked poisonous which actually surprised me.
I blame the SNP for the nationalism / independence crap for this and IMO maybe not at the football but there are going to be deaths over this hatred they are installing

Diddy club fans appear pretty blinkered and show far more paranoia than the level they throw at the fans of what they call the 'ugly sisters'. Check the Nat-fest Pie and Bovril for proof this.

Accusations of 'Glasgow bias' are aplenty. Have you ever heard anything so ridiculous in your life? Referees and media who apparently support both sides of the old firm?!

A hamilton fan in my work doesnt go to Ibrox due to the 'sectarianism'. It seems hes alright listening to IRA bollocks at the scumhut.

The biggest club in any country is generally the most hated. Man Utd, Juventus, Ajax, Bayern etc. Just comes with the territory really.

It's always been the case,it's nothing new.Nothing to do with deep rooted sectarianism,after all every support in the country with the exception of the vermin, will be predominantly protestant,probably even the hiv's,it's maybe more political,as we're seen as a pro union monarchy institution,(and proud of it),certainly wouldn't worry about it,if that's the way it is then f@ck them.
I read an article about Hibs v Hearts and they said Hibs 30% RC Hearts 10% RC

A hamilton fan in my work doesnt go to Ibrox due to the 'sectarianism'. It seems hes alright listening to IRA bollocks at the scumhut.

Seems to be a good few Hamilton fans don’t come to Ibrox. Last time they came to Ibrox there was about 60 of them. Absolute joke for a full time premiership club only a few miles down the road. Total irrelevance

%^*& them all its an anti British thing that is not going away soon.

Must be a Scottish thing. I can absolutely confirm there appears no animosity towards Rangers in my part of England. They say fear brings hatred so we must be feared up there...was there as much hatred when we were on the verge of going under ?

I fear the propaganda war is over and dignified silence and the" it's only banter" have lost. Once in Scotland for most people it was just football rivalry and only the scum had hatred as part of their victim status.
Now, as socialists do, the original 19th Century Terrorists, IRA/Sinn Fein, have introduced a mixture of religion and politics to confuse everyone. Some will hate us for religious reasons and others political reasons.
The brain washed Scots, taught to hate the English as the Irish do and therefore a Unionist football club like Rangers is the focal point of them all for their hatred.
They keep moving the goalposts so to speak. Look at the forum and its contents. We talk about cheating referees, which they are doing. Next day it is Sutton, Hartson, Walker, Boyd etc.
The day after it is Journalists, spiers Gannon, English, Jackson and then mad Joe, phil three names etc.
The CO and the SFA or SPFL personnel, Alloa chairman being a favourite who we know is one of the scum.
Quotes from the scum club follow and we are not concentrating on one topic e.g. cheating referees, keep it going for weeks and months and ignore the background noise is what we should be doing.
Here is an old example of the problem we face, as did a former Prime Minister
Gladstone .. spent his declining years trying to guess the answer to the Irish Question; unfortunately, whenever he was getting warm, the Irish secretly changed the Question, ... — W.C. Sellar

I make this point at work regularly. Nobody else sees it.

Back