Scottish Game Toxic

I believe the Scottish mhedia has a lot to answer for by stoking up the hatred. The scum are allowed to hang effigies, bottle children, sing in support of the IRA and nothing is done or said in condemnation. Other teams are guilty of assaulting our players with impunity and again nothing is said.

Level of hatred in this whole country has gone up since 2014.

That has of course poured over into football as well with us being the target.

The media and the SNP are definitely to blame for the toxic hatred.

Il say it before and ill say it again,Half this forum probably voted SNP mate
I for one don't doubt that for a second but these people are a major part of the problem. The SNP are an eneny of our club yet you get a significant amount of Bears voting for them not realising or even caring about the damage that can and will do to our club and our community.

The ugliness of Scottish football was laid bare for all to see in summer 2012.

It will be a beautifully proud moment when we eventually lift title no.55, to see how far we've come, and how the club prevailed, despite the sheer bloodlust from those who wanted us dead and buried.

And how much stronger we now are as a fan base. 2012 has taught us the true extent to which we are despised and just how far people are willing to go to see us dead. They failed and that makes them now even worse.

And how much stronger we now are as a fan base. 2012 has taught us the true extent to which we are despised and just how far people are willing to go to see us dead. They failed and that makes them now even worse.

I agree, the pain of 2012 and being sent to Division 3 has galvanised the support, we were somewhat broken prior to this.
Now we are certainly a stronger voice.

as someone said above its just more petty and the social media era intensifies it, used to be far worse back in the day but after the game most folk forgot about it.

I dont talk about football with anyone other than fellow bears. Previously it was possible to have a bit of light hearted banter with non bears but nowadays it's not worth the hassle as it often descends into bitterness.

I blame nationalism and the fact that we did not quietly fck off and die when they thought they had inflicted the killer blow. How this club recovered from crooks and scavengers should have been lauded by all but sadly not in Scotland.

Unfortunately politics and football has never been more intertwined, hence the massive toxic vein currently running through everything in Scottish sport.

If they had the balls to stop catholic schools it would go a long way to stop all the hatred. Why religion has anything to do with educating kids from 5 yrs onwards is beyond me.
This has a lot to do with the venom spouted online by your average Timmy.

This level will crank up even more the longer we maintain the title challenge, and even more if we start to pull ahead.

Be ready for unprecedented levels of lunacy, hatred and moon-howling, this is just them getting warmed up.

I predict some of the following will emerge (continue) the closer we get to the title.

1. Every single time Morelos (mostly) or a prominent Rangers player commits any foul, there will be an instant campaign for bookings, red cards to crank up the pressure on ALL officials.

2. Rangers will continue to suffer from bizarre ref decisions. Any, however small, decisions that go for us, or against THEM, will be subject to unprecedented coverage for days and weeks.

3. The Hollicom controlled scripting and issuing of the narrative to the cheerleaders will become more and more obvious, and any form of objective comment will disappear and they will be shown for the fanzine media that they are.

4. Rangers supporters will come under fire for something.

5. Our success and their failure will result in serious disorder in public or at a match from that lot, and we will be blamed.

6. Lennon will have a full blown meltdown, and again we will be blamed.

7. Finally, we will win the league and take to the streets in our tens of thousands to celebrate, and their will be a major incident.

They have had free run at the lot for nearly 10-years and had trophy parades galore that we have rightly ignored. When it's our turn, they won't be able to handle it, and we will get the blame for the fall-out.

Bookmark this.

I think most fans of other teams dont actually have time for either of us, but we have been weakened and were an easier target, at the same time, they played a blinder in the corridors of power and had the rest dancing to their tune. It's all changing, we are back, and when we win the league the other clubs fans will give it to them tight as the mask slips even more. We still have lots to do behind the scenes to dilute the stranglehold they have on the game however.

It's got worse because of the politicization of it all. Any sense of 'banter' is gone because of the fact normal people can go to jail for signing songs, and the coordinated attack on our club that led to the events of 2012. And yet somehow, through all that relentless persecution of us and the advantage they gained we through it, those c*nts still think they've been hard done by.
Then there's snp side of things. They've all moved from labour to them, and see an opportunity to break up Britain (and unite Ireland) with no regard for the good of Scotland. We couldn't be further apart these days. Polar opposites, and social media only exacerbates it.
I thought I hated them before 2012. It was nothing compared to now.

The snp have contributed to it no doubt. They've allowed, probably even encouraged, a moral platform which has legitimised the extremist views and opinions of mentally challengeds and other like minded people in our society without fear or consequence.

It's the worst I can remember it. I think the age of social media has just upped the ante with everything online now. Everything is more polarised.

The only way to change it is to stop voting SNP, but I wouldn't be surprised if they rigged the election, I wouldn't put anything past this lot I refuse to call them Government that would imply them running the country something they are incapable of but what they are experts at are running it down, the SNP have allowed Republicans to take control of our Police,Councils & Media and will continue to turn Scotland into an annex of Ireland.

lost friendships through the shite that some of them were saying that will never be rekindled
scotland is toxic and its purely down to snp and there 19th Century Terrorist voters also the apathy by other voters
who just cannot see what is happening right in front of them
regarding the football side we have a long battle ahead to get anyway near where we once were
but we will get there

Society in general really, but it's particularly noticeable towards our club. Never used to feel the level of venom from the diddy clubs that I see from their fans now.

assuming I’m correct in taking that as a joke:D
Yes.

You're spot on actually. I think most people are caring and probably quite logical people.

Just read this article about some idiot who saw an electric toothbrush that usually costs around $100. He mistakenly saw a label that read 0.01 and assumed it was the price label and demanded the product sold to him at that price. To the point or shaming the manager on social media, posting her pic, bitching and complaining.

Everyone actually stepped up and shouted him down! They actually started a GoFundMe page for the manager and raised $30k! It was supposed to be used for a vacation but she was so moved she's looking for a charity cause to donate it to!

So, even on social media, people can show their best sides but more other than not people lash out due to a variety of reasons. Then, even worse, politicians and businesses play to these vocal minorities. The negative and aggressive are always shouting the loudest.

I don’t know what it is these days, but there’s far more people on the far end extremes of viewpoint. Maybe because of the mass expression afforded by social media you need to make yourself noticeably conspicuous to get your views heard towards other players, supports, teams, governing bodies, refs etc..

Social Media is to blame for me. The mentally challengeds PR team have created a monster. Feeding guff to their useful idiots in the media to stir up the hatred.

as other have said society in general is polarising , so everything now is full of extremes as every little arsehole has a voice via the tinternet

Haven’t lived in Scotland for the last 15 years. But from the outside looking in the rise of the Nats seems to be the route cause

Social media (particularly twitter) gives a voice to far too many utter cunts both in the media and general public. This quite easily allows issues that previously would have been given a couple of back pages to rumble on for 3 weeks.

This level will crank up even more the longer we maintain the title challenge, and even more if we start to pull ahead.

Be ready for unprecedented levels of lunacy, hatred and moon-howling, this is just them getting warmed up.

I predict some of the following will emerge (continue) the closer we get to the title.

1. Every single time Morelos (mostly) or a prominent Rangers player commits any foul, there will be an instant campaign for bookings, red cards to crank up the pressure on ALL officials.

2. Rangers will continue to suffer from bizarre ref decisions. Any, however small, decisions that go for us, or against THEM, will be subject to unprecedented coverage for days and weeks.

3. The Hollicom controlled scripting and issuing of the narrative to the cheerleaders will become more and more obvious, and any form of objective comment will disappear and they will be shown for the fanzine media that they are.

4. Rangers supporters will come under fire for something.

5. Our success and their failure will result in serious disorder in public or at a match from that lot, and we will be blamed.

6. Lennon will have a full blown meltdown, and again we will be blamed.

7. Finally, we will win the league and take to the streets in our tens of thousands to celebrate, and their will be a major incident.

They have had free run at the lot for nearly 10-years and had trophy parades galore that we have rightly ignored. When it's our turn, they won't be able to handle it, and we will get the blame for the fall-out.

Bookmark this.

Great epiphony!

Nationalism is 100% to blame
Nonsense, you might as well say Unionism is to blame. The problems in Scottish football have arisen by a certain club in the east end getting into a position of power and dictating every aspect of the game to their advantage, to the point of even having a feckin good go at killing us, (their main competition) off. And,they started the ball rolling on that by using to great effect their contacts at the top of Westminster Government who were anything but nationalists.

Scottish football has been hating itself to death for a long time but now we have added in this ethos that we must seek to punish every little infraction ranging from Morelos' gesture to chopping goals off with VAR.

A few wanted to finish us off. Many wanted us crippled to milk us. All are shocked by the speed & scale of our recovery. Fear & self-loathing permeates Scottish football. All reason & sense is gone.

Is the Scottish game in 2020 as toxic as it has ever been?
There has always been rammys, tiffs and deep rivalry in the game but in my memory there has never been such a deep rooted undertone of hatred and toxicity across all factions of Scottish football as there is now.
It used to be possible to have a bit of banter with a fan of another team (not just Celtic) and leave it at that with a laugh and mutual respect, but these days any football conversation unless with one of our own turns to abuse by the end to the point that its akin to discussing religion or politics these days.

I wonder will this wave ever subside and return to a more even keel?
I dont think it will be anytime soon.

It's almost entirely a cultural thing imho. Everyone out there who wants to be offended has a platform for it.

The ability that the chief protagonists have in this day and age to reach anyone who uses social media is also a huge factor.

Don’t think it’s limited to just Scottish football, the easily offended brigade are out in force everywhere these days and the media are quick to pick up and run with it no matter how utterly stupid it is.everything is twisted to suit agendas and topics of the day whether it’s racism,sectarianism,mental health u name it. The world had gone mad and someone needs to press the reset button or it’s gonna get a whole lot worse.
We need another ice age mate

Every game we play/Thing we do is forensically analyzed its pathetic!!
Others aren't held to the same standard.

Its definitely more petty. Three weeks of news reports and fallout from hand gestures.

In the 80's going to OF games, it was normal to go to the match dodging bottles and bricks and it was just part of the day out.
My old man was a copper in Govan in the 80's, and regularly worked games at Ibrox (used to get me into the main stand terracing where all disableds went back then for nothing)

I wasn't allowed to go to OF games.

My mum drove over to pick him up at Helen St after one and took me with.

When we got came off the motorway at Ibrox and headed towards the stadium there was a full scale riot in progress.

We, being in a staunch Royal Blue Cortina, got a fucking massive brick thrown at us by the vermin and it put a huge dent in the roof.

It wasn't considered unusual.

All that came of it was my mum going "this is why you're not allowed to go!"

Back