Scottish media out the loop?

Stuart_WATP

I was just thinking before, it's been absolutely ages since the likes of the STV guys , or Daily record journos or that had any exclusives or scoops regarding our transfer activity, even the tims tbh, are they just getting worse or is it deliberate?

I remember the days on twitter looking out for the STV journos who were usually spot on with their inside information, but nowadays it's foreign websites and journos that get these deals spotted first and announce them. Even on here there is far more stuff than there is in the media.

It must be a bit embarrassing to be so far out of the loop and can only post what's happened after its been officially announced . I've unfollowed a lot of Scottish journalists as they haven't had any good scoops in yonks

Yes. %^*& them. mentally challenged propaganda
Definitely, but I was curious as to when it actually stopped or have they just gotten worse at their jobs? They literally haven't had any information in a good few seasons now and it's really becoming noticeable how far out of the picture they are with potential transfer targets

W
They have been given years and many, many opportunities to be compliant but never did. It is them who have lost out, not us.

Fvck every last one of them.
We don’t want a compliant media. A fair and objective one would be nice. Better quality writing would do no harm. I rarely check the red tops now. Fan media, the club and The Athletic are far superior to msm.

I love it when they laugh at our alleged targets, only to find out it’s happened. They laughed at the prospect of us signing Roofe, and the Itten deal has been agreed for a week, and they knew nothing about it. :p

To be fair if I was in that position I'd probably let my fellow bears know too. Would be too much to hold in,I'd be like Isa in still game with the Roofe info lol
That’s why whoever leaked from the Training Centre should be removed ASAP.

Previously it was how news got out to the fans. Now why give them anything when you have all the tools necessary to get the impact yourself along with the benefits of increased traffic, bigger social media footprint, etc.

It is only a matter if time until so called "newspapers" die. Some will turn into nothing more than gossip sites the ones that actually perform investigative journalism will survive and that will be all.

The absolute way it should be, no klaxons, no "I can exclusively reveal", no a club source said... phuck the BBC, phuck STV and phuck Radio Clyde they are all no friends of ours. The past 8 years have shown us that they love to kick us when we are down and they have taken cheap digs at us at every single opportunity,.

They will need to go some way to build bridges with the club and the fans.

It's brilliant. They genuinely have no idea. If you are a Rangers fan there is literally zero need to consume media outside of Follow Follow and official channels.

Time to turn these mutants off for good and put them out of a job.

I’m glad the club is snuffing them out and engaging with fan media like H&H

Fans on FF have had more insight into our targets and the club definitely keeping the lid on the majority of our transfer targets

I would 100% keep the Daily Rebel out of any future pressers. Glad the club are treating these bastards with the contempt they deserve

I would extend the ban to other outlets

The Sun too

I agree. Two potentially important signings plucked from mid-air and launched by Rangers media outlets. First class. Diss us, miss out.;)

I’m glad the club is snuffing them out and engaging with fan media like H&H

Fans on FF have had more insight into our targets and the club definitely keeping the lid on the majority of our transfer targets

I would 100% keep the Daily Rebel out of any future pressers. Glad the club are treating these bastards with the contempt they deserve

I would extend the ban to other outlets

The Sun too
It's genuinely a waste of time following the record or stv etc nowadays. They offer nothing and are seeming more mortified by the day at the lack of information they are getting.

They have played. Loose with our reputation for years, we don't need them to put bums on seats the only publicity we get from them is negative, we need them for feck all, they could have had exclusives with SG, GM, any number of new signings they will bring about their own demise, feck them.

Is it wasn’t for social media and forums they’d be out the game already, they get absolutely %^*& all now. Only time our transfers break in the press is when the msm pick it up from the foreign countries were signing the players from.

I think Rangers/Gerrard seemed to appear friendly towards Raman and Stv in his first Spanish training camp. They've all been flung out the windae and I couldn't be happier. Siege mentality to 55 folks!

The absolute way it should be, no klaxons, no "I can exclusively reveal", no a club source said... phuck the BBC, phuck STV and phuck Radio Clyde they are all no friends of ours. The past 8 years have shown us that they love to kick us when we are down and they have taken cheap digs at us at every single opportunity,.

They will need to go some way to build bridges with the club and the fans.
Agree with everything you said tam all except the last sentence.No way back for them.Let them suffocate on their hate.More and more turning off to their lies and hate they peddle let them die.

The demise of the newspaper is something to be lamented for this bear.
Newspapers used to be fantastic. Since I could read, 1975, they were invaluable sources of information on all things Rangers. The Record, Herald and Evening Times were my usual fodder. Huge sports departments full of proper journalists, some giants. Guys served their time reporting for provincial papers (again sadly in decline in number and quality), only the very best became proper journalist with the big papers.
Big hitting journalists had the inside line at clubs. They flew on the team charter to UEFA games. They were knowledgeable about the game. They were good writers too. There was a sense of fairness. We had our guys, they had theirs.
Above all they were trustworthy.

Now, there are probably only about six football journalist that I would read. That's in Britain, not Glasgow, like before.

FFS, Davie Provan is now considered a jounalist. John Hartson? Even Barry Ferguson, I'm afraid.

When news went digital/24hr the papers all raced to the bottom. Sensationalism, conjecture, controversy and celebrity have replaced balance, reason, stoicism and ability.

I now hate papers. I'm glad they are soon to be obsolete. They've been shite for years, and only have themselves to blame.
I like the way I get my info now. Direct from Rangers, and here. Exactly the same way as our "national newspaper's " cheif sportswriter does.

Well ‘klaxon’ Jackson as we all know with his ‘closeness‘ to the Lego Eater only knows one side, his other side is to fish for the SFA media job by printing any puff piece for the SFA lickspittles recently.

Not at all. They have sources at other clubs, agents, amongst players, administrators, financial advisors - so many ways they can get tip offs.

Media as a whole is dead. Every part of it has a slant and sooner or later everyone will move away from them.

Another good thing with them not getting stories is it means the playing squad aren't talking out of 'class'. They are buying into the club's vision.

Back