Scottish Media should share blame for Scotland result

For the last two years we have heard the likes McGinn, McKenna being talked up, and their value. The truth is they are terrible and got found out last night. The Media talks them up and Eck picks them. Most Football writers and pundits in this Country wouldn't know a good player if they booted them in the face.

They run about kicking anything that moves and boot the ball in whichever direction they are facing, yet the press tell us they are fantastic players. From a technical ability point of view they are rank rotten.

I feel sorry for Eck. Whilst I don't rate him as a manager anymore at all, I really can't see how we could do any better with a different manager? Name me one single player who was available that wasn't picked yesterday that would improve that team?

5o be fair Robertson and even a 20 per cent fit Tierney would have been better than shinnie at left back

5o be fair Robertson and even a 20 per cent fit Tierney would have been better than shinnie at left back

Exactly. We have two right good left backs one of whom can fill in at right back. Both were unavailable so Shinnie was really our only option. Hardly Ecks fault and defo not Shinnies fault.

Should still have had enough to see off a team of their ranking. That we failed miserably is Ecks fault.

Very few flair players for young kids in this country to look up to and inspire them nowadays. Why has more or less every single other country progressed while Scotland have slipped further back. Guys above have said it. Kick and rush, boot everything that moves, kill the game at every chance.
We have guys here in charge of clubs who have won things at higher levels but for some reason don't/can't seem to mould decent football players. The signs at our club are encouraging for the youngsters though.

Aye. The round of applause Strachan got from the tranny army for failing to qualify

That was the exact moment I stopped caring about Scotland’s national team. If bloody Aberdonians and Orcadians want a football team as an excuse for boozing and annoying locals in various European cities, win lose or draw that’s fine but down here in Glasgow we’re not so easily pleased.

The media didn't pick them yesterday. The media didn't make Bates leave. The fa t those two or anyone else was pish yesterda has nothing to with the media.

Bates leaving Rangers has nothing to do with Scotland, he's playing at a higher level in the Germany even in their 2nd league than he would be in Scotland. It's got nothing to do with the media. Literally nothing.
Your right. What is also right though is their total dereliction of duty in calling the SFA to account for their shambolic running of the game and concentrating on promoting and implementing issues that, particularly over the last 10 years, have reduced the game in this country to something totally different from what every other respectable footballing country operates, in essence this country is a laughing stock and the media lap it up.

The blunt truth is that our players are pish.

Until we stop having referees who allow every Tom Dick and Harry to kick the shit out of skilful players, we'll never progress.

I said the same thing yesterday on another thread. Remember Oduwa being called "disrespectful" for his heel flick amazing skill that got him booted into touch.

Any footballing nation that values effort and thuggery over skills is fucked.
I have never forgotten that. The clown who said it shouldve been done for bringing the game into disrepute. I dont recall who the idiot was, unsurprisingly !

All we have heard for 2 years plus is "the old guard should be banished and replaced with younger players like Shinnie, McKenna etc"

Shinnie was more than torn apart last night, it could actually have as much effect as to where he goes in the summer and even being picked for Scotland again.

10M for McKenna? 10m what.....gingie bottles? He is another over rated shitehouse bigged up by the retards in the Scottish media circle.

The howled for Strachan to go...he went. They howled for SPFL dross to play...they did. Cuffed off Israel and now Kazakhstan.
Shinnie was found out for what he is.A small bearded mediocre spl player.McKenna was found out for what he is,a big fucking diddy.Bain was found out for what he is, a fud.

Funny.

The truth is that McKenna has no mobility no pace & no touch, so when it’s a REAL game of football he gets roasted. A dick.

You Scots love the hammer throwers, don't ye?

Scottish footballer hammer throwers = brilliant in Scotland
Scottish footballer hammer throwers = shyte everywhere else on planet Earth (or gallant losers on a good day)
so;
Sottish hammer throwers who don't get picked for football, try rugby
and;
Scottish rugby player hammer throwers = heroes (i.e. gallant losers)

Good luck with that lads.

(Lesson: when you play to different rules and standards than the rest of the world, don't be surprised when you are left behind.)

The media have driven such a devision between any and all half decent players in Scotland that even if you picked the complete squad from the top 6 teams in Scotland no fecker would want to play , such is the hatred among them.

Scottish football will never progress until games are refereed to the rules. The SPL is plagued by over physical players kicking lumps out the more technical players. Players like Brown and Shinnie are the reason Scottish football is dying on its feet.
Spot on assessment. Scotland haven't qualified for any major tournaments since the introduction of pro youth football. This system was supposed to develop skillful talented footballers but hasn't changed a thing. Physical plodders who take 3 touches to control a football are still favoured over technical footballers. Over the years coaches in academy's all over scotland are guilty of neglecting our national game. They talk a good game. Ball on the deck and all that nonsense. When push comes to shove its physic over skill all day long.The amount of talented youngsters thrown on the scrapheap is a scandal. How many times must we say rip it up and start again.

I heard on Clyde last night Keevins going on about how McKenna was subject of a bid from the tims so it should mean he is a good player, that McGregor plays for Celtic so again must mean he is a great player, same for Forrest and Burke etc

When will they ever take into account how pish the spl league is ? and the amount of pumpings they have had when they come up against half decent opposition in europe

I think McGregor is a good player but at this level, they should still be beating a team like that regardless but this notion that players play for the tims so they must be brilliant players is unreal.

They mentioned everything regarding heart, passion, tactics etc but never once said maybe the players are just not that good and certainly not as good as the media would have us believe.

John Fleck has absolutely bossed McGinn every time they've played each other this season and yet still McGinn starts over him, I cannot see what McGinn brings to any team except running about like a dafty then every time he gets the ball, sticks his arse out and draws a foul. Horrible footballer.

Also don't understand how Liam Cooper who is captain of Leeds Utd, a team going for the Championship title and arguably been the best team in that league cannot get in the squad whilst plodders like Mckenna is hailed as the next big thing.

Baffling.....

You need look no further when 2 of the top 4 teams in this country are lauded by the press but we know they play ultra defensive & kick everything that moves. To think one of their managers is being pushed as manager of the year.

For the last two years we have heard the likes McGinn, McKenna being talked up, and their value. The truth is they are terrible and got found out last night. The Media talks them up and Eck picks them. Most Football writers and pundits in this Country wouldn't know a good player if they booted them in the face.
Is this a serious post?

John Fleck has absolutely bossed McGinn every time they've played each other this season and yet still McGinn starts over him, I cannot see what McGinn brings to any team except running about like a dafty then every time he gets the ball, sticks his arse out and draws a foul. Horrible footballer.

Also don't understand how Liam Cooper who is captain of Leeds Utd, a team going for the Championship title and arguably been the best team in that league cannot get in the squad whilst plodders like Mckenna is hailed as the next big thing.

Baffling.....
McGinn was annointed as the heir apparent to Scott Brown, whose value has been based on snarling and tough tackles. From top to bottom scotland is stuck in the 19th century when it comes to football. Contrast to england who are bring through a real wealth of talented football players

the blame should be on haddies like McKenna and Shinnie not pretending they are playing Rangers, that's normally when they have their best performance

When the only qualification to being capped for your country is to kick Ranger's best player off the park, then you know you have a problem.

Scottish football is screwed on so many levels it’s no surprise how bad we are now internationally .

Playing each other 6/7 times a season domestically is a laughing stock

Brick hard plastic pitches a bad joke

Terrified of one club officials have become paralysed and unable to do a competent job

A split in the league which makes a fixture imbalance , the laughing stock of world football

Dwindling sponsorship deals and a clown of a negotiator making it worse year on year

Bitterness and hatred towards one club being all consuming , removing reason and normal thinking

Kick and rush football with violent tackles seen as a standard part of the game

Government interference annually painting fans in the same light as the Nazi death squads for singing naughty songs

Fans treated like shit even from our own clubs

Those are a few reasons I’ll think of more when I have time .
I agree with this. The division and hatred against the biggest club in the country has led to no togetherness. We actually live in a country where the majority of Scotland fans are happy to see a 1 horse race, won by a club who consider themselves Irish.

The saddest part of 2012 was the response of other teams to our plight. I don't go in for the no one likes us, we don't care crap. We should care. We should be leading the scottish game, helping our national team and having a fierce, but healthy rivalry with our opponents. Instead, our rivals have managed to engineer a situation where they have been handed an almost unassailable financial advantage, fans are being turned away from empty stadiums due to hatred and the support (that is left) for our national team is made up of hate filled nationalists who, without fear of retribution, boo our players, get away with anti English racism and seem to revel in mediocrity. Bizarre in the extreme.

I agree with this. The division and hatred against the biggest club in the country has led to no togetherness. We actually live in a country where the majority of Scotland fans are happy to see a 1 horse race, won by a club who consider themselves Irish.

The saddest part of 2012 was the response of other teams to our plight. I don't go in for the no one likes us, we don't care crap. We should care. We should be leading the scottish game, helping our national team and having a fierce, but healthy rivalry with our opponents. Instead, our rivals have managed to engineer a situation where they have been handed an almost unassailable financial advantage, fans are being turned away from empty stadiums due to hatred and the support (that is left) for our national team is made up of hate filled nationalists who, without fear of retribution, boo our players, get away with anti English racism and seem to revel in mediocrity. Bizarre in the extreme.
It really is unfathomable. Rangers are Scottish football. Without us, there is nothing, domestically or internationally. It shows up Scotland for the pathetic, hate filled backward that it is.

We have seen that they cannot live without us, we have seen that their crowds rocket merely when we are there to hate. It’s a total embarrassment. None of the other clubs are anything and the SFA and national side are a fuucking embarrassment.

When a manager can't pick his own staff and is forced to work with 'celtic minded' assistants just because he's seen as 'Rangers minded', the whole game is fecked beyond repair. And much of those decisions are definitely driven by the media agenda in this country and the SFA's spineless tiptoeing around their 'sensitivities' to try and avoid bad press and criticism. Pathetic.
The blame lies at the SFA and the SFA only, years and years of yes man appointments is got us in the state we're in

I know it has nothing to do with players ability to play , but when the SFA did not punish septic for bringing the game into disrepute regarding the refs strike they knew they could pretty much do as they pleased and have . The game here is refereed differently from anywhere else on planet earth , I know the malaise set in long before the refs strike , but what rangers player would give their all for Scotland after the way our players have been treated over the years , Woodburn ,Stein , wee bud , Souness ,big Dunc, Barry and shagger and Lee Wallace all treated shamelessly by the governing body and their teams supporters , hell mend the lot of them .

They're culpable to the extent that they spend too much time pandering to slack-jawed simpletons with manufactured stories about sectarianism. They'd serve the nation better by holding the SFA to account over what they're doing to improve the game in this country instead.

This is a country with a media who, rather than highlight the background, skills and dedication of a young Columbian footballer to inspire our kids, prefers to demonise him and drive him out of the country. A hatred of Rangers is far more important to them, than the success of our national team.

The Scottish media don't care about the national side. As long as the bheasts keep shafting us over domestically, then that's what keeps them happy.

That and promoting their own. Lennon wouldn’t get half the stick McLeish does for these results, it would be poor lenny Scotland just doesn’t have the players anymore.

Exactly. We have two right good left backs one of whom can fill in at right back. Both were unavailable so Shinnie was really our only option. Hardly Ecks fault and defo not Shinnies fault.

Should still have had enough to see off a team of their ranking. That we failed miserably is Ecks fault.

That's nonsense mate.

Shinnie hasn't even played LB regularly for about 5 years.

He could have selected Andy Halliday but didn't because Rangers are persona non grata.

A lot of the blame should be aimed at the "aren't we a braw, fun lot" attitude of the pricks in kilts, glengarrys, and Timbies who love to be seen around airports, railway stations and in the TV news posing in their ridiculous get-ups.
As long as these eejits and their title "The Tartan Army" remain as the brand image of those following Scotland I will give the SFA's XI a very wide berth and take great delight in every single pumping they experience.

Spot on op, when you hear fuds like Dalziel and Mark Wilson talking abut Forrest and McGregor playing at the highest level etc, they never seem to take into account the highest level in Scotland means more or less fck all.

You would have though the endless pumpings in europe would have taught them that.

Its embarrassing
Well said,every average player that plays for the mhanks are worth zillions, now they have started including sheep and ex hiv players who are worth millions,beyond a joke,meanwhile the most talented player in the league is a petulant hot head who is worth a couple of million.
By f.uck I forced myself to watch cocksland play the mighty San Moreno,how rank are they,well I couldn't give two flying f.ucks.
I've been to Wembley and gutted at the result, no more ,the fuds that run Scottish football have sold and aligned themselves with the bheasts from the East , who don't give a f.uck about Scottish football as long as their winning .

Back