Scottish Medias attempted ignorance of the C4 Program

Why do you think the Scottish Govt were adamant that both sporting and religious institutions were to be excluded from the 2015 Child Abuse enquiry despite numerous complaints that the enquiry would not be fit for purpose if these were excluded?

Ask anyone in Scotland with any modicum of commonsense to honestly name only one institution from each of these two categories (sporting & religious) and it would be a shock if Celtic and RC church were not the answers. Somehow the Govt. managed to ensure these two bodies would not suffer the shame of their decades of covering up the paedo's hiding in plain sight being made public.

A compliant Scottish press have allowed the Scottish Govt. to continue to allow these two bodies to deny justice that their victims deserve. Is it any surprise that it is UK wide media outlets, Channel 4 and The (London) Times that have been leading the calls for action.
Because abisr in the care system is far more widespread than football. Extending it so wide completely waters down any enquiry.

Both papers have a couple of articles up covering it and took literally a few seconds to find.

Sun:

Record:

Yeah, you can find them, however, they are not in prominent positions, they are sub-articles at the sides of these more prominent articles, for example, https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5325217/rangers-braga-buskers-pope-songs-europa-league/ and https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/ne...nto-dads-living-room-sending-walls-crumbling/

Tell me, which of these 3 stories are the most important and newsworthy?

Yeah, you can find them, however, they are not in prominent positions, they are sub-articles at the sides of these more prominent articles, for example, https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5325217/rangers-braga-buskers-pope-songs-europa-league/ and https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/ne...nto-dads-living-room-sending-walls-crumbling/

Tell me, which of these 3 stories are the most important and newsworthy?
They're not. The side articles are generally the most read content and autopopulates. They are now further down the page because they were published before other stories which now sit higher up.

Channel 4 News are continuing with their coverage tonight, this time they will specifically look at Celtic F.C.'s role in the scandal.

Less than 20 hours have passed since C4s heart wrenching investigative section on the abuse scandal which I have just caught and thought I would check The Scottish Sun, Daily Record Websites etc.

You really have to go looking for a story that should be front and centre.

These rags, its journalists, its employees should be thoroughly ashamed at the attempted whitewash and silence.

You are as bad as them that covered it up, You are in a morally bankrupt position and I hope you have a horrible existence for the rest of your days.

As for the Scottish Govt, not one tweet or statement in support of the victims, anyway Voting SNP should hang there heads in shame, and these ministers should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

My heart goes out to the victims, the brave man who was interviewed and the hundreds of victims.
There is probably a lot of Scottish journalists who should have been standing in the dock alongside Torbett, Cairney etc.
They knew, for certain they knew!

But it’s not more widespread than in religious organisations.

In Scotland? I'm not so sure. But then again, abuse in the care system has nothing to do with religious groups and opening up a pretty specific enquiry into the failings in the care system and including churches in that would do very little to resolve the problem.

There's no doubt there should be one into religious organisations and another into football and other youth groups but throwing them all in together would be utter madness and defeat the purpose of the whole thing.

There is probably a lot of Scottish journalists who should have been standing in the dock alongside Torbett, Cairney etc.
They knew, for certain they knew!

Here is one I have never had answered, indeed I was blocked for asking it by Tom English when he shared a Celtic Tour Video

Why do Celtic still have a stand named after Jock Stein, and why is his the first face you see when you walk inside Parkhead when you consider what he not only let go on, but turned a blind eye too.

This is a man who won 1 European Cup, but he helped ruin 100s of lives.

Let's all hope and pray that Channel 4 has nothing that tars Rangers with the same brush as that lot across the city. But if it does, I will condemn Rangers just as much as I have the Scum. Covering up for paedo's is as despicable and as shameful as it gets.

I really cannot imagine a situation where my loyalty to my political party or my football team or my religion would take precedence over the abuse of children.

It is staggering and beyond the comprehension of normal people. It's evil by omission.

If my club was involved, especially taking into account the timescale as well as the cover up at the highest levels within the club, I would not be a supporter anymore, as simple as that.

The words that best describe this are depraved, despicable and reprehensible along with huge amounts of indifference.

Any organisation can be infiltrated by a paedophile but it is how you deal with that person when discovered that really matters. 4 decades of covering up shows no regard at all for the children involved and everything about trying to preserve your own reputation.

The media's reluctance to cover this is having the desired effect. Has anyone heard any non football fans talk about it? Anyone seen anything on their Facebook pages expressing outrage and disgust? Me neither.

The media and the governing bodies up here are hoping if they don’t acknowledge the issue it’ll disappear quietly.

I don’t fancy their chances much.

Let's all hope and pray that Channel 4 has nothing that tars Rangers with the same brush as that lot across the city. But if it does, I will condemn Rangers just as much as I have the Scum. Covering up for paedo's is as despicable and as shameful as it gets.
The difference is the cover up mate.
We reported beast to police immediately and removed said beast,they re-employed the fkn beast.

Before, but they are the ones who brought in the no sports and religion in the matter. Surely nothing should be off-limits regarding child abuse, in fact any crime.

Because those before had done what exactly?

I'll refer you to my answers earlier in the thread on why it's right they didn't widen the Abuse in Care enquiry to include football and religious organisations. It would totally water down the findings and recommendations because the scope is far too wide. Abuse in the care system is far more widespread than that within football.

The media and the governing bodies up here are hoping if they don’t acknowledge the issue it’ll disappear quietly.

I don’t fancy their chances much.
It's a Scottish FA report that is being quoted in the Channel 4 stuff.
I don't think there's a 'mainstream' Scottish outlet which hasn't reported on it over the last few days.

Doing some job of not acknowledging it.

It's a Scottish FA report that is being quoted in the Channel 4 stuff.
I don't think there's a 'mainstream' Scottish outlet which hasn't reported on it over the last few days.

Doing some job of not acknowledging it.

Yes the media are covering it but is it on the front pages of the papers as it should be? No it’s being buried away in the papers and on the websites.

Really this has nowt to do wi football. It’s an enormous crime against humanity. The victims in this particular episode just happened to be young footballers.

Those who do not take this seriously enough just because it might impact your football team need to join a long list of those complicit in the matter.

Let’s be absolutely clear that by complicit I include:

Those who did it.
Those who enabled it.
Those who organised it.
Those who knew it was going on and did nothing to stop it.
Those who are now trying to ignore it.

Some of the perpetrators have been banged up (not for long enough IMO). The rest should be collected up as soon as possible, and there’s likely 100s of them.

This is a saga that will never have a happy ending. The least we can do is try to give victims some recognition and closure.

We should do it.

Yes the media are covering it but is it on the front pages of the papers as it should be? No it’s being buried away in the papers and on the websites.
It shouldn't be on the front pages. It's nowhere near the biggest news story just now, despite some people's desperation for it to be. The abuse in the care system is a far bigger story but there are few people out there shouting from the rooftops for it to be front-page news? Why is that?

Coronavirus is another far bigger story.

It's not being 'buried' on websites. I've already explained earlier why it's not top of the pages now.

It shouldn't be on the front pages. It's nowhere near the biggest news story just now, despite some people's desperation for it to be. The abuse in the care system is a far bigger story but there are few people out there shouting from the rooftops for it to be front-page news? Why is that?

It's not being 'buried' on websites. I've already explained earlier why it's not top of the pages now.

It will be drip fed like systematic ecclesiastical abuse. There will also be a big Brexit story, Coronavirus etc. to coincide with the drip feeding.

It will be drip fed like systematic ecclesiastical abuse. There will also be a big Brexit story, Coronavirus etc. to coincide with the drip feeding.

Aye the Scottish media are drip-feeding the coronavirus stuff to keep this off the front pages. They timed the outbreak so that it coincided with C4's investigation. Not wanting to let the cat out the bag and that. :rolleyes:

Quite arrogant of you to " explain " things to those of us with lesser intellect. What would we do without you....?

Quite arrogant of you to " explain " things to those of us with lesser intellect. What would we do without you....?

I'm sorry, I'll just pass off my opinion as absolute fact from now on with nothing to explain how I arrived at that position and dismiss anyone who asks for an explanation just in case I insult those, like yourself, with a "lesser intellect."

Aye the Scottish media are drip-feeding the coronavirus stuff to keep this off the front pages. They timed the outbreak so that it coincided with C4's investigation. Not wanting to let the cat out the bag and that. :rolleyes:
You've entirely missed the point. Drip-feeding over years completely buries a story. I am not suggesting that this has suddenly become front-page news. There will always be bigger stories but that doesn't mean that a large-scale expose should not be done through the appropriate media.

You've entirely missed the point. Drip-feeding over years completely buries a story. I am not suggesting that this has suddenly become front-page news. There will always be bigger stories but that doesn't mean that a large-scale expose should not be done through the appropriate media.

You mean like when the media outed Torbett first time around?
Or when it was the media who found him hiding in America?
Or when it was the media who were responsible for bringing many of the allegations into the public domain?

Given that lawyers are still working on building a case to show Celtic's complicity, doing a large-scale expose before then may harm any later criminal or civil action. There's also the fact that it's much easier for you or I to sit online and say X, Y & Z are peados and A, B and C covered it up, than it is for the media without the proof.

Were any paper to run an expose claiming individuals covered up abuse (or were involved in it) without being 100% on the money, we'd be looking at some pretty hefty settlements for defamation.

That statement.:eek:

So, now we know, the SFA report will go to great lengths to make it clear there were loads of other clubs involved and they will hold the Dhims up as an example of how to deal with this issue in an exemplary manner. F*cking Hell.

I'm sorry, I'll just pass off my opinion as absolute fact from now on with nothing to explain how I arrived at that position and dismiss anyone who asks for an explanation just in case I insult those, like yourself, with a "lesser intellect."

Are you suggesting to me that you don't think your intellectual capabilities are far higher than us other mere mortals? Everything you post has that arrogance, no matter the subject. You are also very much an argumentative SOB. Again, no matter the subject. You had some articles published by a scum driven media. Big deal. They would never had been printed them without your pathetic compliance with their obvious agendas. You are not special mate and never have been. And as for your nomenclature? If that isn't arrogant I don't know what is.

OMG that cuunt Henry is a phucking gimp

Talk about covering their arses and protecting Paedo FC

Henry is a Pape Puppet

Hand picked and now the creep is backtracking to help the claims for compensation against Paedo FC

Are you suggesting to me that you don't think your intellectual capabilities are far higher than us other mere mortals? Everything you post has that arrogance, no matter the subject. You are also very much an argumentative SOB. Again, no matter the subject. You had some articles published by a scum driven media. Big deal. They would never had been printed them without your pathetic compliance with their obvious agendas. You are not special mate and never have been. And as for your nomenclature? If that isn't arrogant I don't know what is.

Nope, I'm just quoting your own description of yourself as having a 'lower intellect'

Which compliance with 'pathetic agendas' would that be?

This the same Government who have made charges go away for a MP who is 'conversing' with kids via texts, a former first minster up for umpteen sexual charges to name a few - aye cos they scum ridden tims in SNP are going to acknowledge what all dhims already deny.

Their party deny everything and blame others - the Cletic/SNP way
Birds of a feather, dirty obnoxious scum each and every one of them.

The SFA statement is a disgrace.

"Ra hoops weren't that bad, and they're sorry. Also whit aboot other clubs? Can't just focus on the Pope's 11..."

Back