Scottish referees and managers back VAR

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46913628

Could be a good thing but how much, who pays and how many cameras at all games (and who's behind the cameras!)?

edit: "Lennon, speaking on behalf of the Premiership managers". %^*& that

Can you imagine the carry on if there was a decision similar to the one the other night when Derby had a goal disallowed by it if it went against the tims.
Even with VAR when you get borderline decisions like that there are still many arguments over the way the decision went.
Even with VAR it wouldn’t quell the conspiracy theory with the Scum .
If anything it would probably make it worse.

VAR is still too subjective in loads of cases and with the state of Scottish officials, I can hardly see it being a great success. If it is to is implemented then it really should be limited to offside and goal line technology.

I'd add handball scenarios and off the ball incidents. There's always going to be the odd %^*& up but it's a start, and something needs to change.

You can make a good start by replacing the inept idiots in charge of the game up here with people that actually know how to run the game and most importantly aren't afraid to take on the Tims when they spit the dummy!

Why is nobody at Rangers or Club 1872 asking the SPFL/SFA why we are fined £6k for critizing a ref on a game we won and they are invited to meetings after making a referee life and his family's in danger. Somebody needs to explain that to me

This meeting was scheduled with clubs long before we beat the filth on the 29th.

Your point about the fine is valid though.

This is being introduced to cause us problems it's not going to be used to help us.

Off topic but can we not have multi ball first and work from there? I’m sure having a few spare mitres in the stadium will cost a lot less than VAR.

Back on topic - tims beaten once by us and VAR becomes a possibility o_O

Unfortunately VAR in this country means even more pressure heaped on those officials operating it to give yet more contentious decisions to the scum and heap more punitive measures on us.
Look how crooked the compliance officer position is, it will be the same with VAR.

Why is nobody at Rangers or Club 1872 asking the SPFL/SFA why we are fined £6k for critizing a ref on a game we won and they are invited to meetings after making a referee life and his family's in danger. Somebody needs to explain that to me

Its our philosophy to keep quiet.

Unfortunately VAR in this country means even more pressure heaped on those officials operating it to give yet more contentious decisions to the scum and heap more punitive measures on us.
Look how crooked the compliance officer position is, it will be the same with VAR.

Andy Walker decides which incidents go to the CO at present.

Reactions: dmg
Who is going to sit in judgement when it comes to applying VAR decisions ?

If it's going to be a couple of mentally challengeds, then forget it.

Difficult enough up against biased officials on the pitch without another one watching replays looking for any excuse to book or red card more players and chop off goals scored.

This will be terrible for Rangers.

Said the exact same thing to my old man last night. Each manager gets say 2 or 3 challenges and can use them when they see fit. If you have none left and you don't like the decision then tough shit. Seems to work in tennis like you say and also in American football.

The only downside would be having pointless challenges. For example a team concede a losing goal in the 90th minute, it could be a shot into the top corner from 30 yards out but the opposing manager would challenge as there's nothing to lose.
I doubt many managers could make 90 mins without finding something to challenge. The likes of TLB would use up all their go's in the first 15 mins.

ps. maybe Tim managers will be given an 'anti Irish' Joker card to play, to help balance out their extra injustices.

VAR is only beneficial if our crooked refs decide to use it after an incident.

Given they don't like being shown up I would say it will make little difference.

If anyone thinks VAR is going to stop chronic refereeing ‘decisions’ going against us then they need their head checked. All this does is give two opportunities for decisions to be given against us, just in case the first decision accidentally goes our way.

Was Lennon appointed spokesman for Premier League Managers? I'm sure that was printed in the Daily Mail.

remember Jim Jefferies seeing a goal for us against kilmarnock slowed down and he still said it was offside var would kill him?

So we criticise a ref =£6000 fine
Scum criticise ref to such an extent he gets death threats = VAR introduced into Scottish football
....o_O
Who’s fault is that? If our own club is meekly going to back down and pay a ridiculous fine while at the same time keeping quite when Timothy acts in a manner far worse then we get what we deserve.

Do we even have enough officials for a VAR system?

If every top flight team will have VAR that means at least 2 more officials per game looking at replays. That's being conservative. We seen at the world cup it was a group of at least 5 officials looking at the replays etc.

Does that mean we're going to have to promote more officials who haven't gained the proper experience?

It's going to end in tears imo.

Woe betide if Celtc ever get a VAR decision against them, they'll still fucking bleat about it for weeks/months/years on end.

Could be in as early as next season according to the BBC. Seems a bit rushed, there will be a lot of things to put into place (installing systems, training the users, putting procedures into place) before it can be used.

I don’t think it will work. Who refers an incident to the VAR? Can the referee overrule him? What if a referee will not admit to an obvious error due to either stubbornness or fear of looking like a bad referee? Who will the VARs be? Current referees, retired referees or Roman Catholic lawyers?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46921060

Can you imagine the carry on if there was a decision similar to the one the other night when Derby had a goal disallowed by it if it went against the tims.
Even with VAR when you get borderline decisions like that there are still many arguments over the way the decision went.
Even with VAR it wouldn’t quell the conspiracy theory with the Scum .
If anything it would probably make it worse.

While I think VAR is the way forward it does not address the real issues which were Rangers being refereed to a different standard and Celtic not being disciplined the same as everyone else. Have they been cited yet for bringing the game into disrepute? This meeting is a smokescreen to allow them to keep hold of their power.

Who’s fault is that? If our own club is meekly going to back down and pay a ridiculous fine while at the same time keeping quite when Timothy acts in a manner far worse then we get what we deserve.
Tbf if we came out and criticised this we'd probably get another fine. However i do believe that clarification should be sought

While I think VAR is the way forward it does not address the real issues which were Rangers being refereed to a different standard and Celtic not being disciplined the same as everyone else. Have they been cited yet for bringing the game into disrepute? This meeting is a smokescreen to allow them to keep hold of their power.
At end of the day Beaton said he saw OF incidents so VAR might not have made a difference so youd still have scum moaning

Why does it take a year to train referees to use the technology when tv pundits and commentators can make a decision instantly using regular tv replays?

WrDf6Rc.jpg

This ^^^^ will be the crux of the matter.

It 100% depends on who is reviewing the incidents.

I'd like it to be a pitch-side monitor and we can all see the referee review his own decision. Then we know exactly who to blame.

One decision against them and they will demand to know if the TV screen is Square and sitting on the Level and what angle the viewers feet were at. ;)

The first OF game a sellick penalty decision will get reversed and a yellow given to Sinclair for simulation and a meltdown ensues!

It would need to be run by a completely neutral third party, ie from England or Europe or it would just be more of the same, only worse. We’d probably have had Morelos sent off against the mhankies if it was down to local ‘vested interests’ to flag up incidents for review.

Back