Scottish rugby players who support or are fans of our great club?

I’m pretty sure Gordon Bulloch was quite open about being a Rangers fan?
Both the boys are. Used to moan like mad when we'd be going to see Rangers of a Saturday and they'd be dragged to watch their dad referee rugby games! That always made me laugh,

I remember an article in the old ‘Shoot’ magazine about sportsmen from other disciplines and being delighted that Ian ‘Mighty Mouse’ McLauchlan was a Bear.

His segment finished with him stating his ambition was to score a last minute penalty against the rancid xi in a Scottish Cup Final to win us the cup.

WATP

Alot of the Glasgow warriors players
That's correct. I remember when we were down the divisions a few of their players came into the Kensington bar in Cessnock, including Finn Russell, when we were playing Cowdenbeath or some other team and they were all Gers fans.

Taking a punt on Rory and Simon Best?
Being a Protestant and from N Ireland does not make you automatically a Rangers fan. I remember a friend of mine from Killyman was at a house in Moygashel full of "well known" people if you understand, the game was Rangers v Man U he was the only Rangers fan in the house

Gavin Hastings played against us for Hearts in David MacPherson's testimonial.

Hastings was behind me in main stand when we played scum in semi at Ibrox when hateley scored and was quite happy when he did
Was there too.The shitey Galloway game when Durrant took the ball off him and squared to big Hateley to score

I would question if that’s right about Russell being at the OF given Scotland played in Georgia the night before.

That's correct. I remember when we were down the divisions a few of their players came into the Kensington bar in Cessnock, including Finn Russell, when we were playing Cowdenbeath or some other team and they were all Gers fans.

Finn Russell stays, or stayed, in Walmer Crescent.

I would question if that’s right about Russell being at the OF given Scotland played in Georgia the night before.
They must have travelled home from Georgia straight after the match because I can 100% say for certain that it was Finn Russell and Ali Price that were at the bheggars game last month at Ibrox.

They must have travelled home from Georgia straight after the match because I can 100% say for certain that it was Finn Russell and Ali Price that were at the bheggars game last month at Ibrox.

I would take some convincing to be honest given flight schedules, debrief, post match analysis and recovery.

Sandy Carmichael (Alexander Bennet Carmichael MBE) was the grandson of former Rangers player Alex Bennet.

You having a giraffe we won despite him not because of him, time to move on from too many hit and misses from him and not to to mention his penalty or two. He's marmite and I'm not too keen on marmite
He scored a penalty and set up the try. Seems to me he did alright.

You having a giraffe we won despite him not because of him, time to move on from too many hit and misses from him and not to to mention his penalty or two. He's marmite and I'm not too keen on marmite

Hes superb on his day still imo. Agree with you about today though.

Man of the match: Finn Russell​

Finn Russell
There were men of the match all over the pitch for Scotland but Finn Russell - pictured here with the Calcutta Cup lid on his head - stole the show despite his yellow card.

Saw Craig Chalmers enjoying watching us in a pub in Edinburgh, when out for the day with my wife during Advocaat's time.
He was in the Union Bar with his son at a game last season. His mate Gary Parker who managed Melrose, done a lot of media work and also signed as a player for Hearts (very briefly) was also a Bear. I remember them at a very young age being at a midweek game to Ibrox.

I remember an article in the old ‘Shoot’ magazine about sportsmen from other disciplines and being delighted that Ian ‘Mighty Mouse’ McLauchlan was a Bear.

His segment finished with him stating his ambition was to score a last minute penalty against the rancid xi in a Scottish Cup Final to win us the cup.

WATP
He was a PE teacher at Barmulloch College, a bit of a nutcase.

He scored a penalty and set up the try. Seems to me he did alright.
It's all about him and not about the squad and he's always been like that, stupid sin binning put our team under pressure too, I don't care if he bangs a drum on the 12th or not he's not my man, seen more than enough of him in a scotland shirt. Fantastic result though.

Pish.
I never got to play football at HS until 3rd year, regardless of my rotundness.
I went to a rugby orientated school so had no choice.
Didn`t stop me playing football for the BB and YMCA teams though :)
We only got Rugby and cricket at our school, they did try and introduce us to hockey but too many were getting hurt knocking feck out of each other

That's what I thought(with absolutely no knowledge of the game).
Was he the fud who attempted the drop kick in the last minute, when it was "keep ba" time?
PS Just checked and it was him, looking for a wee bit of personal glory, then it nearly went tits up.

Man of the match: Finn Russell​

Finn Russell
There were men of the match all over the pitch for Scotland but Finn Russell - pictured here with the Calcutta Cup lid on his head - stole the show despite his yellow card.

Wow we really all do see different things eh? A yellow for stupidity. Kicked great territory away 3x. Kicked straight into touch on a good counter which cost us 30yds of territory. Called for the drop goal which got charged down and could have cost us the game. Missed a penalty and a conversion. That's off the top of my head. I was going mental at him during the game lol. Hogg was my motm. His kicking was superb.

I suppose its all about opinions but that was how I saw it. Great to get the win though. First at Twickenham in my lifetime. Unreal

Wow we really all do see different things eh? A yellow for stupidity. Kicked great territory away 3x. Kicked straight into touch on a good counter which cost us 30yds of territory. Called for the drop goal which got charged down and could have cost us the game. Missed a penalty and a conversion. That's off the top of my head. I was going mental at him during the game lol. Hogg was my motm. His kicking was superb.

I suppose its all about opinions but that was how I saw it. Great to get the win though. First at Twickenham in my lifetime. Unreal
to be honest, I don’t understand the rules and rudiments of the game well enough to get into a heated debate with anyone. I thought to my novice eye that Russell did ok, apart from his Morelos moment.

Back