Scottish signings

Ferguson and Doig but that is relying on them not performing in Italy. Saying that Jack Hendry is contracted in wee Ross's favourite area - Belgium.

Would much rather we are phasing King, Devine, Lowry, McCann and McKinnon into the team.

I'd take McKay if we got a decent deal.
A poster on here spoke to a teammate of Barrie McKay who said this:

" He would rather work in Asda pushing trollies if he could make the same money than playing football"

Barrie McKay despite his genuine talent, does not and never will have the mentality required to play for Rangers.
Sad really.

There are quality Scottish players out there and also within our own academy.

The general standard of Scottish player is generally improving.

A poster on here spoke to a teammate of Barrie McKay who said this:

" He would rather work in Asda pushing trollies if he could make the same money than playing football"

Barrie McKay despite his genuine talent, does not and never will have the mentality required to play for Rangers.
Sad really.
Yeah you're probably right.

His career certainly doesn't match his talent.

There's a complete lack of Scottish talent throughout the league.. no one stands out to be good enough to make the jump to play for us or them.

Doesn't seem that long ago that we were fighting it out with celtic to sign the best of the rest in the SPL.

It's time to start puting more faith in our academy players.

Reactions: cav
Yeah you're probably right.

His career certainly doesn't match his talent.

There's a complete lack of Scottish talent throughout the league.. no one stands out to be good enough to make the jump to play for us or them.

Doesn't seem that long ago that we were fighting it out with celtic to sign the best of the rest in the SPL.

It's time to start puting more faith in our academy players.

For me - one of the main issues in Scotland is, academy’s play football playing out from the back and pass and move keep the ball, tactical etc.

Then young players are then asked to step into a professional game where the ball is going literally back to front and winning second balls. It’s almost a different sport they are being asked to play.

Reactions: cav
For me - one of the main issues in Scotland is, academy’s play football playing out from the back and pass and move keep the ball, tactical etc.

Then young players are then asked to step into a professional game where the ball is going literally back to front and winning second balls. It’s almost a different sport they are being asked to play.
The way the game is ran, governed and officiated does not lend itself to much positive

Kingsley and McKay at Hearts would be decent back up options. Halkett is homegrown club and half decent but is another ridiculously injury prone CB. Outside of that most of the decent Scottish players have moved out of the Scottish league now.

Below that it's the new generation of young players coming through to keep an eye on for the future.

Lewis Neilson at Hearts is one to keep an eye on. Looks very composed on the ball and could develop into a very good technical CB.

Connor Barron at Aberdeen looks very good. He's just returned from injury and should hopefully kick on. A Technically gifted CM. He's also apparently a Rangers fan.

We have a promising group of players who hopefully kick on and atleast become squad players. King, Devine, Lowry, McKinnon, Fraser, Ure and Rice.

We also have the non Scots Weston, McAussland, Lindsay, Lovelace and Stevens who will be homegrown club.

Kingsley and McKay at Hearts would be decent back up options. Halkett is homegrown club and half decent but is another ridiculously injury prone CB. Outside of that most of the decent Scottish players have moved out of the Scottish league now.

Below that it's the new generation of young players coming through to keep an eye on for the future.

Lewis Neilson at Hearts is one to keep an eye on. Looks very composed on the ball and could develop into a very good technical CB.

Connor Barron at Aberdeen looks very good. He's just returned from injury and should hopefully kick on. A Technically gifted CM. He's also apparently a Rangers fan.

We have a promising group of players who hopefully kick on and atleast become squad players. King, Devine, Lowry, McKinnon, Fraser, Ure and Rice.

We also have the non Scots Weston, McAussland, Lindsay, Lovelace and Stevens who will be homegrown club.
My boy @Opta.

Neilson looks very good as well Mac.

I don't see the majority of Academy Groups trying to play football out from the back. Quite the opposite in reality. They like to think that but only a minority practice it.

Barry McKay
He's not a wee boy anymore. When he was with us, his pace and skill was not in question. But he seemed to go into his shell when full grown men were challenging him for the ball. He has progressed now physically, and is able to hold his own in a challenge. He has ability to see a pass early.

Liam Henderson would be a good signing.
I’m actually not so sure, he does a very good job for Empoli though and the fact he’s never been in a Scotland squad is poor.

Think he said nobody has even came to watch him, or had as much as a phone call to say what he needs to do.

Gauld is the same. Think he finally had an enough and thought that he may as well make a fortune in the MLS, as he’s never going to get a call up anyway.

I’m actually not so sure, he does a very good job for Empoli though and the fact he’s never been in a Scotland squad is poor.

Think he said nobody has even came to watch him, or had as much as a phone call to say what he needs to do.

Gauld is the same. Think he finally had an enough and thought that he may as well make a fortune in the MLS, as he’s never going to get a call up anyway.
Scotland have had some good results but I do think Clarke should be casting the net wider.

People saying Kenny McLean are at it, he's absolute garbage.

Big fan of Dykes but aren't we all.

Should have signed Ferguson and Doig IMO but probably get cost us more than it did the Italian clubs.

Would tick the homegrown box.
Exactly.

This is something we need to adhere to so there has to be some thought put into it (which I’m sure the club are doing, to be fair).

Fleck is a Scottish international with EPL experience and a former player to boot, one who’d help us satisfy the rule.

He’d be a good replacement for Steven Davis, for example, thereby freeing up another non homegrown place elsewhere in the squad.

Makes a lot of sense to me.

Aberdeen were wanting daft money but.

Now he’s not getting a game and his value will decrease. We will likely be able to get him cheaper from Bologna than we would have Aberdeen
That is always the way. Been like that since Gough 1987.

When buying from Scottish clubs we have to look at them almost being out of contract, the club being skint or the player trying to force the move.

The other option is that the player moves to another club and either doesn't settle or doesn't perform and in turn we get him cheaper than we originally would have.

Back