Scottish Sportswriters Player of the Year and Manager of the Year.

Tormusk1872

I’d imagine we will be struggling to pick up any of these awards again, considering the Record, Spiers, McLaughlin (and his BBC colleagues self imposed) are all banned from Ibrox.

Oh dear, never mind.

Spiers hasn’t been at the football writers awards for over a decade as he went in the huff with the organisation

Even our Rangers hating media will find it impossible not to give Player of the Year to a Rangers player.

Impressive level of being offended about something that’s unlikely to happen before it happens. Remember Celtic used to be the paranoid lot

I’d imagine we will be struggling to pick up any of these awards again, considering the Record, Spiers, McLaughlin (and his BBC colleagues self imposed) are all banned from Ibrox.

Oh dear, never mind.
Don't know about Spiers but nobody from BBC Scotland is banned from Ibrox.

They choose not to attend since we removed Skeletor's press privileges.

McLaughlin and Spiers don’t get a vote as they aren’t football writers so that scuppers that conspiracy.

Scottish sports writers?

"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." - Marcus Aurelius

I understand the sentiment but it’s impossible not to give it to one of our players. McGregor, Tav, Goldson & Davis should all be on the shortlist. Kamara and Kent would be in with a shout if it wasn’t for the four mentioned.

I expect the cup exits will be used as an excuse not to give it to Gerrard. Ridiculous but that’s what I expect from them.

If a Rangers man doesn't pick up player of the year and SG don't win manager its another nail in the coffin of Scottish Football Media credibility. I doubt whether anybody at Ibrox will be all that bothered as it would bring these awards into the twilight zone territory.

Did Rangers teams and staff not boycott these events in the past because despite winning everything for years they kept giving the awards to papes.

Remember when awards nights were on tv?
recall us coming in during it as we were playing that Sunday. Gaza with the tartan suit winning it.
the players one was sponsored by the GMB players union.

Most of these guys give the likes of Kamara, Kent etc. 5/10 on their player ratings. The Strictly Come Dancing judges would be more reliable in assessing who should pick up the awards

Id say that the Hibs manager is more deserving of the shortlist than Clarke, deffo if he wins the Scottish Cup. It seemed harder not to qualify for the Euros....and Clarke was close to achieving that.

I’m not sure if the shortlist is 4 or 5 but the first four names should be McGregor, Tavernier, Goldson, and Davis, with a strong case to be made that Kamara has played as well as any other player in the league.

However, if the first four Rangers ive named are not all on the short list then the fix is in.

More gravitas in giving the votes to various clubs fan media than the outdated, dull as dishwater, day late and dollar short MSM.

There was a year that Hartson won the award and they won zilch as we pipped them. It was laughable. Another awards body ended up with Hartson and Ricksen sharing the prize. May have been helicopter sunday season. It means feck all.

Roll up, roll up. The circus is in town. The get it up you Rangers awards are back.

Davie Weir was the last Rangers player to win the SFWA. Celtic players have won the last seven and nine of the last ten.

I care not what this bunch of Celtic arse licking apologists think

ram their poxy awards where the sun don't shine

55 titles put that in your pipe and smoke it you utter scum rhat bastards
Say what? Nope? Sorry Georgie, not quite getting your meaning here? B-DWhat have I told you about sitting on the fence? Get a fvcking opinion, man!;)

The same mob who gave Billy Reid, the then Hamilton manager, the award despite Walter taking us all the way to Manchester. I remember Billy was seriously embarrassed that Smith was overlooked.

I reckon the club has treated these awards with contempt ever since.

Is this the same mob that has nominated Clarke as manager of year. I’m out.
Clarke?!?!

Give me strength - since taking over he's lost 11 goals without reply in 3 games to Russia & Belgium. Could maybe give him some leeway for Belgium, but then.... how many goes at Israel without a win - 3 or 4? And a loss to Slovakia.

He's beaten Cyprus, the Faroes, San Marino, the Kazaks & a Covid riddled Czech Republic B squad & drew with Serbia - winning on pens despite his ridiculous substitutions.

I think he falls into the "let's try & find anyone but Steven Gerrard" category.

A Rangers player will comfortably win POTY. I suspect McGregor although he’d be behind Davis and Tav for me.

A Rangers player will comfortably win POTY. I suspect McGregor although he’d be behind Davis and Tav for me.
It’s extremely difficult to split these 4. For me, McGregor is behind all 4, with Davis winning it. I might have included Kent rather than McGregor, although our keeper has been magnificent, when called upon.

Manager of the year should be Brave John Kennedy for successfully steering his team to a 4-1 scudding and winning all the old firms on xG’s.

Back