Scotty Arfield

He did score, but I agree with you for MOTM.

He just pipped Tav for me.
You couldn’t put a fag paper between them mate but like you, for me, Scotty just shades it.

His game intelligence is excellent. He makes it easy for his teammates to give him the ball; he runs beyond the player coming short; he can keep it; he can pass it. He can set up a team mate; he can chip in with a goal. He can hold the shape; he can break the lines. He can tackle; he can press. His work rate is superb.

Long may it continue.

Had a better second half than first

always shows great energy

Made 3 fantastic runs first half in behind but wasn’t found

Tav was my motm

Was shouting at Stevie Smith on RTV to give MOM to Scotty. He was my pick today. Excellent all round performance.

"Arfield losing far too much possession, as usual, and his positional play is lacking."

Funnily enough, said poster's last activity was at 1300. Didn't stick around for any of the second half, or to congratulate the team on a 4-0 win against the sheep.

I’ll need to watch it back. I remember a period in the first half he kept giving it away probably between 20-35 mins and I was getting frustrated with him.
Obviously he’s getting beefed to death in this thread, but I’ll wager he gave it away 8-10 times today.
I thought he was ok, but had Tav way ahead of him and the rest to be honest.

I’ll need to watch it back. I remember a period in the first half he kept giving it away probably between 20-35 mins and I was getting frustrated with him.
Obviously he’s getting beefed to death in this thread, but I’ll wager he gave it away 8-10 times today.
I thought he was ok, but had Tav way ahead of him and the rest to be honest.
Shut up stupid

Aye man if the match for me today. He isnt the most technically gifted player but his workrate and movement is outstanding.

Shut up stupid
It’s cool mate. I always watch the games back. I’ll highlight it for you.
Tav and Goldson were my best players today, but that often changes after I watch the games back.
As for most games, I’m finding we’re not having any outstanding performances but a lot of good solid performances and good team performances. I felt the same today, but with Tav and Goldson I just felt they were a bit better and made less mistakes.

He did score, but I agree with you for MOTM.

He just pipped Tav for me.
I thought Tav,Goldson and Kent all pushed Arfield for motm today but he was exceptional.

Fully deserved for someone I thought might flit in and out of the team this season despite my admiration for him,but he's a mainstay of the side.

Nothing but respect for the man,and player that he is.

Struggled to see where Arfield would get back into the squad at the start of the season. But he’s took his chance and has delivered.

Said it on another thread the more players we have on Arfields wave length the better because some of his link up play and movement is sublime

Reactions: cav
He has been sensational this season, the sort of guy you want in your team who gives everything and is playing the best football of his career right now.

Has he retired from international football? I know he hasn’t been playing for Canada lately but a google search didn’t suggest retirement.

And might I add, his attitude is 100% everything I want in a rangers player, his pre match interview with sky showed that. Knows the job and club he plays for, and doesn’t take it for granted. What a guy

Yeah, best player on the pitch for me, as well. He’s having a great season

Chucking the internationals has done him the world of good and means we could yet get another few years at the top level out of him

Reactions: cav
Always knew he'd get the nod today. No international duty obviously helped him. Sticky game against Benfica, but so what that happens every so often.

A 100% player in every game he plays for us and it's plain to see why the gaffer rates him.
Plays for the shirt and I love to see that,plus he's schooled that shitebag brown and treats him with the distain all us bears have for him.

I like Arfield. A very important part of the squad but I find him a strange one.

He's zero pace, doesn't beat a man, his long range passing is very hit or miss, same with his shooting from outside the box... but on the other hand his ability to find space, intelligent runs, one touch pass and move and pops up with important goals.

Really stepped up to the mark this season and is playing like a leader.

"Arfield losing far too much possession, as usual, and his positional play is lacking."

Funnily enough, said poster's last activity was at 1300. Didn't stick around for any of the second half, or to congratulate the team on a 4-0 win against the sheep.
The match thread is always hoaching with roasters. I stay out of it now for my own sanity.

You can just feel this whole team clicking into place.

Every single one of them look better than last season, because they all feel so much more confident of each other‘s ability and all of them knowing their jobs to perfection.

You can see it when we step onto the pitch. That team knows it’s going to win. They're loving their football

Hes started the season brilliantly. A really important player in our style of play. Also has a bit of swagger about him. Another vote for MOTM today

His deflected goal was going in anyway. Lewis is a good keeper but he wasn't getting near to that.

I love SA.

I think it's his work rate that makes me like him more.

He always tries too which we lacked in some of the other years.

How lazy was that ex Cel*c player picking Roofe as MOTM because of his movement for his goal.

Back