Scotty Arfield

Dumfries Bear

Didn’t have his best game last night but after a long lay off with injury he got some valuable minutes and was unlucky not to score or at least win us a penalty.

Hope we can get him back up to speed quickly as I think he still has a huge part to play this season. He is vital to us in Europe especially with Jack out and we need him firing on all cylinders for our upcoming trip to the Big Jock Knew Camp.

I love our team and I have a huge man crush for Scotty. He epitomises what being a Ranger is all about.

I love him, he was brilliant until his injury (still irks me because it was so avoidable). He had quite a few critics earlier in the season saying he wasn’t good enough to be in a title winning team.

Top player for us, in my top three favourites just now.

Hard to gauge from that game and wouldn't take anything from it positive or negative.
Crap narrow pitch with the opposing team bursting their bollocks to stifle every forward play then launch it when they could.

I can see Arfield playing a big part in Europe if Jack is still out.

He played a wee bit like Candeias used to cover for Tav. If Balogun is unavailable for selection and Patterson is banned, I fully expect Scotty to be deployed as right back.

I'd love for him to start against the tims on the 21st, he always seems to get himself right up for the big occasions. Plus I wouldn't mind another one of these at full time when we win the title at their midden:

See that picture, for me it’s a real iconic moment because it was when our team started to play with zero fear against them and the shift in power started to turn.

I always maintained we’d only start beating them if we hated them as much as they hated us. We had to show them no respect and Arfield was key to it.

See that picture, for me it’s a real iconic moment because it was when our team started to play with zero fear against them and the shift in power started to turn.

I always maintained we’d only start beating them if we hated them as much as they hated us. We had to show them no respect and Arfield was key to it.
Scotty always carries himself well. They have no one that he feels inferior to, especially and chiefly, Lego.

Played as big a part as anyone in what we are about to achieve this season and will continue to do so this and next season and beyond.
The OP is correct to say that Scotty didn't have one of his most effective games last night, but I'm prepared to give anyone pass on that horrendous surface.
Love him as a player. What a bargain we got when we signed him.

1 of those type of players who will never be talked about as a star player but he is solid reliable and gives his all in every game he plays very under rated imo especially by MSM

Played as big a part as anyone in what we are about to achieve this season and will continue to do so this and next season and beyond.
The OP is correct to say that Scotty didn't have one of his most effective games last night, but I'm prepared to give anyone pass on that horrendous surface.
Love him as a player. What a bargain we got when we signed him.
Me too mate.

Surely when it froze twice a few weeks past, the case for plastic pitches in the Premier League has been rendered nonsensical.

There is absolutely no doubt that the experience of Scotty, AMcG and Steve Davis has allowed the younger "flair" players Kent, Aribo and Hagi in particular to flourish.

I think away from the pitch, around the training ground etc. Scotty is vitally important to what we do and standards being set.

Gerrard has mentioned this previously and I would not be surprised to see him being given a new deal after next year to keep standards high and to keep a level of continuity as Davis and McGregor are likely to retire.

Woulda coulda shoulda scored, done a lot of work, the effort is definitely there so no issue whatsoever with Arfield. I do feel that Jack slotting back in expertly after his injury perhaps put the expectations on Arfield to do similar. He'll hit his usual highs in the not too distant future with some particularly big games end of March. Big players for big matches and you'd be a fool to count out Scotty providing a big moment in the OF or Prague ties

His wee high pitched voice screaming for the ball is a highlight of all the Inside Ibrox videos on rtv.

I think a lot of fans don't realise what Scott Arfield brings to the party.

Not his best gane last night but any suggestion that he was an empty shirt is way off the mark.

I'd love for him to start against the tims on the 21st, he always seems to get himself right up for the big occasions. Plus I wouldn't mind another one of these at full time when we win the title at their midden:
Great picture. He bullied Brown and their whole midfield that day and has done it plenty times since.

A player and an individual we are very lucky to have.

I Love Scotty Arfield, his energy and personality are vital to Rangers on and off the pitch, you can just tell how much he loves the Rangers as well

I'll be honest though, this whole team are one that I love, much like the side from Walter's last run

Was it the same match that Scotty was running on the spot ahead of a drop ball?

Tbh did not know much about him when he signed so was asking some friends who are Burnley fans. Needless to say they all thought he was a great signing and they didn't want him to leave.
I'm glad he is on the Stevie G, express. Destination 55!

Give Scott the honour of Captain in one of the remaining home games and stand front & centre of team and subs and salute them with the players doing the same in return .

The indulgence of an auld man.

He knocks his pan in for us, when he comes off he’s always sweating like a coach in lennoxtown.

At the start of the season I thought he'd be lucky to get much game time but in fairness he's been class. Majority of players have stepped up big time.

Despite starting a bit spooked against the Tims last time around, Arfield will be a key man, in setting the tempo for the game. Iconic picture. We are all Scotty Arfield in that picture.

Arfield is a great player, he should start every game if fit, but when Jack is back from injury Gerrard is going to have a selection headache trying to fit everyone in.

Gerrard seems to rarely drop certain players like Kent and Aribo even when they haven't played well, but then he drops other players like Kamara and Hagi when they have played well.

Arfield and Hagi are Rangers' top assisters in the league per 90 minutes of football in the league.

One of Gerrard's lieutenants and one of the most intelligent players in the squad, like the other experienced players ie Davis, McGregor, he's stepped up massively for us this season.

The thing I love about arfield, not just his hatred of that mob, he can do the dirty side of the game as seen last night. Great player to arrive late in the box but was great support last night to the midfield.

Arfield is a great player, he should start every game if fit, but when Jack is back from injury Gerrard is going to have a selection headache trying to fit everyone in.

Gerrard seems to rarely drop certain players like Kent and Aribo even when they haven't played well, but then he drops other players like Kamara and Hagi when they have played well.

Arfield and Hagi are Rangers' top assisters in the league per 90 minutes of football in the league.

Interesting post and data, thanks for sharing.

Becomes even more interesting if you filter out for players who have played more than 500 or 1000 minutes only (filters out guys who got 1 assist in 2 games etc, so you get a more significant reflection).

Great wee player and leader for us, only thing is whenever hes out for a spell takes him 5/6 games to get back up to top level.

Back