Scouting a young player from Tenerife?

Jose Calypso

Official Ticketer
Met a guy in Tanyos bar, Torviscas area of Tenerife.
Says he’s here scouting a young player from Tenerife.
Wouldn’t give me a name but says he’s 19.
I’m very sceptical but has anyone heard anything?

I’ve just went on Tenerife’s Wikipedia page. No players aged 19 :rolleyes:

Not sure why so many people aren’t believing the OP. Rangers scout far and wide for talent.

Few years back I went scouting on behalf of Rangers to look at a kid from Hamburg, playing for Reeperbahn FC. Wife was so proud of me

Not sure why so many people aren’t believing the OP. Rangers scout far and wide for talent.

Few years back I went scouting on behalf of Rangers to look at a kid from Hamburg, playing for Reeperbahn FC. Wife was so proud of me

The scouting isn't the unbelievable part. It's the boasting about it to random pished up strangers in the pub.

The scouting isn't the unbelievable part. It's the boasting about it to random pished up strangers in the pub.

I wasn’t pished. And as I said above i didn’t believe the guy. Just asking in the off chance he wasn’t talking nonsense.

Did you offer him a beer?
Certainly one way of obtaining free drink for a week or two.

What was her name

I love the “i was told by someone i dont know at all, it’s probably shite, but instead of checking through threads and other net resources myself before posting, i’ll just post anyway” threads.

That's the reason the club like to keep it's business in house, and stop any lurkers nipping in and stealing our targets.

Met the guy again today in the Ibrox bar. Turns out he’s Kenny Watson ex player. I’ll be honest and say I didn’t know he he was. Told me the same story today as last night but the player was a getafe player.
Sad to see an ex player like that.

Last edited:
Back