Scouts In Attendance Tonight.

Wouldn’t be overly surprised if they scouts were for Hagi. I read an article last week that his Father wants him to play in La liga or Premier league in England.

But let’s be honest, all them scouts would’ve left very impressed with every Rangers player, what a performance!

Do we not have first option on him for 5 mill?

We do have an exclusive option for Hagi, but if an EPL team offered him a bumper contract I don’t think he’ll sign for us. Who would? I don’t think he’s the finished article yet , hopefully our gus have made inroads on a permanent signing already.

It’ll mainly be Braga they’ll all be watching, happens all the time, smaller European teams having a great season, upsetting the bigger teams, then max exodus at the end of the season.

Basel
Kiev (going back a bit)
Ajax (several times)
Monaco
Marseilles (back further)
What about Rangers ;)

That ones been around for a while eh? What do you reckon though - Goldson to me looks like a guy who loves it here and would take a bit of moving. And tbh if leeds go up, (which is a big if) theyll maybe have a bit more money to spend on a CB. that boys theyve got the now Cooper has only got about 2 caps for Scotland and if ever a team was crying out for a CB its Scotland!
Depends how much they are willing to spend if the get promoted they could easily go for someone better for £20 million plus but Biesla is an excellent coach and he might see the value in picking up Goldson for about £15 million Leeds are a big club but I agree with you Goldson understands how big we are imo and he just wants game time after his heart problems at Brighton and he's getting plenty here domestically and in Europe

Surely scouts are sometimes just at a game as they are available i.e Porto play Leverkusen tonight so any scout going to that would prob pick up our game as they are on area.

Possibly Borna. Players from the former Yugoslavia have always played abroad, more than any other nation, apart from Brazil. Wages are really poor in Croatia. I remember an article on here years ago (pre admin) when the average footballers wage in Croatia was just under £900 a week, much lower than here.

Some of them will have come to watch Braga players and may well have gone away preparing reports on our guys.

Can only be good for us. We’re a team now where people come to get noticed by bigger clubs.

I wouldn’t say many are bigger clubs than Rangers on that scouting list but there’s a lot of them are definitely more money available to them. And therein lies the problem with football but that’s for another day.

It’ll mainly be Braga they’ll all be watching, happens all the time, smaller European teams having a great season, upsetting the bigger teams, then max exodus at the end of the season.

Basel
Kiev (going back a bit)
Ajax (several times)
Monaco
Marseilles (back further)

Mad eh?

While it's quite the thing to have our players rated enough that scouts by the truckload are there, if any of this actually comes to pass in the summer, we'll have the full rebuild job on our hands again. We may be rolling in money but I'd welcome a slower (quality over quantity) development of the team. I guess we'll see.

While it's quite the thing to have our players rated enough that scouts by the truckload are there, if any of this actually comes to pass in the summer, we'll have the full rebuild job on our hands again. We may be rolling in money but I'd welcome a slower (quality over quantity) development of the team. I guess we'll see.
We don,t actually know if it was rangers players mate.

If it's in the contract then I wouldn't think we could be overruled by a higher bid. Still down to the player at the end of the day.

When Lo Celso was on loan to Real Betis they had an exclusivity clause with PSG to sign him. He played brilliantly for Betis so they activated the clause, during the season, knowing full well they would be selling him in the Summer - he went to Spurs on loan then permanently. Betis made about £15m on this deal.

Not ideal, but if Hagi tears things up then this is always an option available to us.

Last edited:
When Lo Celso was on loan to Real Betis they had an exclusivity clause with PSG to sign him. He played brilliantly for Betis so they activated the clause, during the season, knowing full well they would be selling him in the Summer - he went to Spurs on loan then permanently. Betis made about £15m on this deal.

Not ideal, but if Hagi tears things up then we this is always an option available to us.

Similar thing happened with Luca Jovic.

I think at this level of European competition you would see a similar list of big team scouts in attendance. Most likely not there to watch any particular individual but just a part of the overall scouting strategy for big clubs.

Back