Screen Mirroring Rangers TV

GEODGC

Official Ticketer
Do Rangers TV block screen mirroring when matches are on live?
I can watch recordings of matches on RTV through my iPad screen mirroring function but I’m sure I read somewhere that casting or screen mirroring was hit and miss, or blocked even.

The ability to cast to a Chromecast device using the App is currently missing. AirPlay seems to be an option though. However, you can cast from the website as far as I’m aware. There’s no block on screen mirroring if your devices support it and you have any necessary Apps.

Works for me. Picture a bit grainy compared to proper tv but can live with that.

I can watch recordings of matches on RTV through my iPad screen mirroring function but I’m sure I read somewhere that casting or screen mirroring was hit and miss, or blocked even.
Android phone.
Screen mirror app to TV works for me.

The ability to cast to a Chromecast device using the App is currently missing. AirPlay seems to be an option though. However, you can cast from the website as far as I’m aware. There’s no block on screen mirroring if your devices support it and you have any necessary Apps.

I’ve watched most home games this season by casting from the app to my Chromecast but looks like I might need an alternative option for Sunday then.

Do you know if there has been any info on whether they will be adding a casting option to the new app VB?

Seems strange they would remove it as part of a new app update that’s meant to improve the process of watching games.

I’ve got the same problem - can mirror all the saved content from iPhone to firestick, but I’ve never got a live game to work. I though there must be some sort of block. P

I have it working really well from my iPad to my tv using screen mirroring.
I also have the TV Cast app for Samsung TV’s. It was hit and miss for me previously, but I have a new TV and it seems to be more stable through that for some reason.

I mirror from the website on my phone to TV and its fine.

Iv never tried the app. Does anyone know if it is better, worse, or buffers more etc?

(The website doesn't buffer for me).

I’ve watched most home games this season by casting from the app to my Chromecast but looks like I might need an alternative option for Sunday then.

Do you know if there has been any info on whether they will be adding a casting option to the new app VB?

Seems strange they would remove it as part of providing a new app that’s meant to improve the process of watching games.
The SLO @Greg Marshall posted that restoring the Chromecast option was ‘on the agenda’. I don’t know any more than that mate.

You can still use Chromecast if you cast a tab in Chrome I understand, though it’s not my thing. Click the right header on the link according to your device:

Website has less buffering for me compared to the App (Android).

The app also suffers from not being the primary app running on the phone/tablet if you switch to Twitter etc.

While the Apps are nice, the website on a PC/Laptop is the way to go.

Website has less buffering for me compared to the App (Android).

The app also suffers from not being the primary app running on the phone/tablet if you switch to Twitter etc.

While the Apps are nice, the website on a PC/Laptop is the way to go.

I had always used a laptop to tv via hdmi previously. It worked a treat until the laptop died on me.
I then bought a wee chromebook. It worked perfectly until the last game there when I was getting buffering continually. Cue much rage and feather spitting from me.
I’ve been messing about looking at various options before the game on Sunday. The browser on my tv seems to be working well too.
A plan B and C are required should I have the same issues this time.

I screen mirror from my iPhone to the Samsung television without a problem. I can also get RTV through smart TV but such a faff and easier to do it through phone

Back