Scum shame game '99

I’m reading Better Red Than Dead just now - David Peace’s book about Bill Shankly. Latest chapter - 1965 - Liverpool playing Timothy at Anfield in a Euro semi second leg. mentally challengeds have a goal disallowed near the end - cue a rain of bottles and cans from their end - players taken off. Stein ungracious in defeat - ‘never offside’. The more things change....

watching the mahe/mccann foul. Mahe was going down, it was a nothing foul. McCann never deserved to be booked for that but apart from being a mentally challenged kunt what was Mahe's issue?

I still say Dallas performance 2nd half should've warned us for the future. He cheated all 2nd half in benefit for the paedos.

Place needed demolished but they’re feart what people would find in the walls.

The day a referee had his head split open by scum supporters. The day more scum fans tried to attack him. In the exact same ground by the same support a black player was once subjected to one of the worst displays of racism ever seen in a sporting event.

A club like no other supported by fans like no other.

I’m reading Better Red Than Dead just now - David Peace’s book about Bill Shankly. Latest chapter - 1965 - Liverpool playing Timothy at Anfield in a Euro semi second leg. mentally challengeds have a goal disallowed near the end - cue a rain of bottles and cans from their end - players taken off. Stein ungracious in defeat - ‘never offside’. The more things change....
That match was when they were christened with their title of “Animals” by the scousers

According to Robert McElroy, that disallowed goal is a farce and another piece of yahoo propaganda. What he told me is that the filth were ruled offside and Bobby Lennox, just as a token, put the ball in the net, when all the players already knew the match had been stopped, and then the disallowed sh1te grew arms and legs.

How many times have you seen play being pulled up but the player has tapped the ball in regardless? That's what's supposed to have happened in this instance.

My whole family watched it in my uncle's house. Glorious day. I was 15 and it was the first time my mum saw me drinking. Every 10 minutes "how many have you had? Make sure that's your last one" aye nae bother maw :))

I remember all Keevins could talk about afterwards was how Rangers could have provoked a riot by daring to imitate "ra huddle" in front of our fans.

His allegiances shone through that afternoon.

Reactions: dmg
A brilliant day. The Chamber of Secrets couldn’t handle what was happening on the pitch. Delightful.

Am I right in thinking this was the game the authority’s used to get rid of 6:05 Sunday night kick offs?

The pikey tramps really excelled themselves that day.

Our fans and players and everyone connected with our wonderful club behaved impeccably, whilst that lot shamed themselves.

Amazing that they didn’t getting absolutely hammered by the SPL for their players and fans behaviour that day.

A brilliant day. The Chamber of Secrets couldn’t handle what was happening on the pitch. Delightful.

Am I right in thinking this was the game the authority’s used to get rid of 6:05 Sunday night kick offs?

I think you're right on that one. No more late kick offs after that.

Back