Scum v hibs. More evidence more chances for opposing team

two2tango

Official Ticketer
Every week the scum backline offer you chances and good chances at that.

yesterday the spaces down the sides of their centre backs were massive

anyone with pace can get at Duffy down the sides or over the top

the same with Bitton

a better team will get even more chances

I throughly believe we will skelf them four or five if they play a three

lastly Lennon was giving it great performance etc not even Celtic tv employees agreed with him

Wish there wasn’t this international break and we had these cunts sooner

I'm not sure. You are correct in the sense of their three v Morelos, Kent, Hagi for example. But the 352 allows them 3 in midfield like us and essentially their wing backs v our full backs out wide.

Crucially though, it means our centre halves will be man for man with their two strikers which would probably see our shape alter slightly as we would need to either pull fullbacks in or have, for example, Davis drop a bit. All this then has an impact on us going forward. There is no way we will go man for man at the back at the piggery.

But if we can get at them then we will cause them problems, no doubt about that.

Never seen any of it but timmy is fawning over their performance all over Twitter saying it was the best of the season. Looks like hibs rolled over like most of us expected. I very much doubt they were as physical as they were last week.

I'm not sure. You are correct in the sense of their three v Morelos, Kent, Hagi for example. But the 352 allows them 3 in midfield like us and essentially their wing backs v our full backs out wide.

Crucially though, it means our centre halves will be man for man with their two strikers which would probably see our shape alter slightly as we would need to either pull fullbacks in or have, for example, Davis drop a bit. All this then has an impact on us going forward. There is no way we will go man for man at the back at the piggery.

But if we can get at them then we will cause them problems, no doubt about that.

So exactly the same as Motherwell yesterday. I accept the scum have better players

we would kill them in the transition

Gerrard also altered our tactics yesterday starting out full backs further back which draws out their wide men further forward leaving massive gaps down the sides of three at back

if the scum play a three we will murder them

Never seen any of it but timmy is fawning over their performance all over Twitter saying it was the best of the season. Looks like hibs rolled over like most of us expected. I very much doubt they were as physical as they were last week.

from the highlights their backline especially Duffy was all over the place first half

their first goal was good second and third were awful defensively for hibs

they look turgid one paced and have done al season anytime iV seen them

from the highlights their backline especially Duffy was all over the place first half

They have been very poor this season. I know a few who think Lennon should be sacked before it goes tits up which they feel is inevitable, but they keep winning games in Scotland. They have a much tougher run of fixtures through the winter.

So exactly the same as Motherwell yesterday. I accept the scum have better players

we would kill them in the transition

Gerrard also altered our tactics yesterday starting out full backs further back which draws out their wide men further forward leaving massive gaps down the sides of three at back

if the scum play a three we will murder them

So we agree that we would need to alter to play against the 352 and not just go ahead as "normal"?

In any case, you've hit the nail on the head- they have better players than Motherwell. They have the quality to pin our fullbacks right back. Equally, we have the quality to get in behind them if we can be brave.

I'd still fancy us as I do against any team who attacks us as we are fantastic on the counter but playing 352 v our formation isn't necessarily the suicide people think it is. It really depends who is on their game better going forward as both central defences will be very vulnerable as both are essentially man for man. Put it this way, we had completely sussed their previous formation so them playing that way would have been better.

So we agree that we would need to alter to play against the 352 and not just go ahead as "normal"?

In any case, you've hit the nail on the head- they have better players than Motherwell. They have the quality to pin our fullbacks right back. Equally, we have the quality to get in behind them if we can be brave.

I'd still fancy us as I do against any team who attacks us as we are fantastic on the counter but playing 352 v our formation isn't necessarily the suicide people think it is. It really depends who is on their game better going forward as both central defences will be very vulnerable as both are essentially man for man. Put it this way, we had completely sussed their previous formation so them playing that way would have been better.

a slight change with the full backs sitting flatter ducks their system just as we did yesterday

I agree with you about the centre backs of both teams being exposed one on one

We have the best defence in the league by a distance I’d take out chances in this scenario

a slight change with the full backs sitting flatter ducks their system just as we did yesterday

I agree with you about the centre backs of both teams being exposed one on one

We have the best defence in the league by a distance I’d take out chances in this scenario

Me too. Just feel it's only looking at the pros while ignoring the other end of the pitch and the impact that may have on our ability to build play or play a normal game.

But, as I said, I fancy us against any team who are daft enough to come and attack us. It's teams who restrict space I fear for us with.

We have heard this all before defence is crap lego is finished they are slow lemon does not have the mentality he will loss it they have to sell they are skint
Thing is they have won 6 league games in a row they find a way to win last season they scored winners in last 5 minutes and more than a few in injury time
We need to concentrate on what we do.
Is 6 league wins in a row our best run under Gerrard if it still is then we need to go a few better runs to win this league

When is there game in hand? One thing that is a bonus is we’ve shown we can mix it up a fair amount and still play well. For them, against us, you know Brown (assuming he avoids suspension this week), Barkas, Taylor, Duffy, Ajer, McGregor and Christie will all play. That makes them, like they have been the rest of the season, predictable.

I’ll only start celebrating that side being shit when they start dropping more points.

Long way to go, so let’s just focus on ourselves and keeping the wins coming.
Yep. The response is the same every time a thread pops up talking about how poor they are.

Seen majority of the game. Hibs were poor. Keeper shouldn’t be getting beat with McGregors strike but as soon as that goes in Hibs weren’t interested. Was interesting to see the prick at centre half for Hibs wasn’t lunging into tackles like a lunatic

They keep on winning. Win that game in hand and they are top.

Until we start putting winning runs together, talk of smashing them four or five should stop.

We never learn and seem to be all talk. It's time our football done the talking.
I’m fully confident of beating them in October and as daft as this sounds it’s the likes of Motherwell yesterday, Hibs, Livi, Killie away I fear dropping points at more

The key for us will be winning the ball back and quickly getting the ball out wide to Kent and jones ( think he is perfect for this game as there will be space)

Watched them on Spurtscene, Hibs were murder going by the footage and
not as physical as their game v us.
Biton and Duffy looked like they were towing caravans and can be exploited.

They really struggle against stronger opposition. Unfortunately in scottish football stronger opposition doesn't exist except us

The problem is they are still picking up the points despite playing poorly, something we aren't always good at.

It’s a bit mental how people seem to think they’re so weak.

They’ve won 7 and drawn 1.

They won’t drop that many points over the course of the season. Can we beat them? Absolutely. But they’ll comfortably win most other games. They’ve proven adept at that. It’s costly dropped points from winning positions like last Sunday that we cannot afford any more of.

I watched the game up till their 2nd goal in that time Hibs spurned loads of great chances,they must have really upped their game after that for it to be their best of the season.Theres goals to be had against them and the great thing for us our goals are coming from all over the pitch .

If that was genuinely their best performance of the season, they must have been rotten so far.

OP is right though, they offer up at least 3 or 4 good chances a game. Defensively, they are not in good shape. At any level, you can’t go on doing that and not concede.

They still get the results and know how to open teams up. They aren't great but not as bad as some on here like to make out. They will pick up the pace against us.

It’s a bit mental how people seem to think they’re so weak.

They’ve won 7 and drawn 1.

They won’t drop that many points over the course of the season. Can we beat them? Absolutely. But they’ll comfortably win most other games. They’ve proven adept at that. It’s costly dropped points from winning positions like last Sunday that we cannot afford any more of.
I get that but three of those have been by a single goal in games they’ve struggled. The end result is there but that strategy won’t last over the course of a season particularly with a tougher winter schedule for them

I’m fully confident of beating them in October and as daft as this sounds it’s the likes of Motherwell yesterday, Hibs, Livi, Killie away I fear dropping points at more
I'm confident for sure.
But sneak a 1 goal victory at home v us, and the game in hand and they are 5 points ahead.
We need to win games against the shite!
And be allowed to play and win v them.

Seen majority of the game. Hibs were poor. Keeper shouldn’t be getting beat with McGregors strike but as soon as that goes in Hibs weren’t interested. Was interesting to see the prick at centre half for Hibs wasn’t lunging into tackles like a lunatic

Never gave a foul away all game according to sofascore

We’re not as consistent as them,we’ve got to go there and beat them.Sounds oh so familiar to me.The proof will be when we run over the top of these diddy teams week in week out like we did at Motherwell, no more Livingstons or Hibs.I more confident after yesterday with Itten scoring and Jones looking the part but I still feel we need another robust midfielder that can play a bit, feel we need more steel in there .

Guy at my work is season ticket holder with them and he says they wont play 352 against us

Our biggest problem is the filth easily dispose of the rest of the dross, they don’t need to play well and they win comfortably, most teams are beat before the kick off.

They still get the results and know how to open teams up. They aren't great but not as bad as some on here like to make out. They will pick up the pace against us.

yes they can beat the dross daily easily. We are not dross they won’t be able to handle our forwards im a very confident of that

get a fair referring and we will win

If we play the way we did yesterday consistently then we have nothing to fear. We just need to believe that we are better than the rest.

I am overseas and was waiting for the Rangers game to start last Thursday when I stumbled upon the last 20 minutes of the Celtic game v Riga on a Russian channel.

Watching those man mountains they have at the back was interesting. I immediately thought if we go at them with high tempo, slick passing we will run them ragged.

I was interested to watch Duffy in particular as I knew nothing about him. He was a headless chicken defensively on the deck.

Of course they will carry a threat at set pieces but we will get chances against them.

Will definitely need protection from the referee for Kent though which is not always forthcoming.

If that was genuinely their best performance of the season, they must have been rotten so far.

OP is right though, they offer up at least 3 or 4 good chances a game. Defensively, they are not in good shape. At any level, you can’t go on doing that and not concede.

exactly their luck will run out at some point in a tight game away from home

they offer up those chances to us and play a three we will tear them apart

Every week the scum backline offer you chances and good chances at that.

yesterday the spaces down the sides of their centre backs were massive

anyone with pace can get at Duffy down the sides or over the top

the same with Bitton

a better team will get even more chances

I throughly believe we will skelf them four or five if they play a three

lastly Lennon was giving it great performance etc not even Celtic tv employees agreed with him

Wish there wasn’t this international break and we had these cunts sooner

Same post, different season.

You would’ve thought people would have learned by now.

'Interesting' is one way to put it.

yes they can beat the dross daily easily. We are not dross they won’t be able to handle our forwards im a very confident of that

get a fair referring and we will win
The problem is we struggle with the dross more than them. Things have to change or if we just need to gel a bit then it has to happen fast. May still be players coming in which will hopefully help.

As long as they don't strengthen their defence we should be able to break them down.

Aye, the refereeing is another story. I think that will prove to be a season long thing.

I seen some of it.
Duffy at this point looks a bit of a cart horse,slow and cumbersome,he may get better with more games though.They can definitely be got at.
The threat i feel will obviously be Edouard,Christie and dare i say it Frimpong who is quick and gets into great positions but is very wasteful.
Hibs gave Macgregor all the time in the world to shoot,we must close down that space as him and especially Christie are always looking to shoot from anything up to 25 yards out.

I remember last seasons first OF when we were supposedly the favourites.

They are better at most off field things, including mind games, and I am wary when their apologists like old spew make us favourites.

In last years game we chose an unusual line up, they kicked off straight into touch and we froze.

Apart from playing us I generally only ever watch them until they score the first goal so I don’t really have too much of an idea how they play.

Does anybody know the injury status of their French CF?

While I agree that they are not as good as some would make out they seem to be able to mop up the dross most weeks. Whether it's the 90 odd min goal or pure luck it always seems to happen. Realistically though if they take their chance, will be ahead of us again. That's sickening in it's own because again, I would say they are there for the taking. Old firm matches going to be vital to us this year.

I watched their game (I know but my auld Da used to say know your enemy) the first half they bullied Celtc a few times, a bit of luck and Hivs could have scored, Duffy is a carthouse but dangerous at set pieces, Aier worth £20 million they say?, he is a bombscare, Pingpong very dangerous going forward but can't defend, if we attack through middle we can beat this mob.
Kheevins say this was their best performance the season, aye maybe the last 40 mins, but first half a good team woul have opened them up

Back