Scumtic draw line under Boyd thumhead

Shankillglenmen

ROW OVER Celtic draw a line under Griffiths vs Boyd after late night call to ex-Rangers star

CELTIC have drawn a line under the spat between Kris Boyd and Leigh Griffiths.

Hoops chiefs complained to Sky Sports over the ex-Rangers star's remarks about Griffiths last week.

Griff pointed at the pundit - on duty for Sky at Rugby Park - and put his finger to his mouth after scoring against Kilmarnock.

The gesture was in response to Boyd's claim last month that the Scotland striker had just four weeks to save his Parkhead career.
SunSport columnist Boyd responded in Sky Sports' post-match analysis, questioning the number of starts Griffiths has made since summer 2016when Brendan Rodgers took over as boss.

But his comments irked the Scottish champions' hierarchy, who contacted bosses of the telly giants demanding answers.
However, gaffer Lennon has revealed the episode is now finished after speaking to Boyd.

He said: "I spoke to Kris last night, and I’ve spoken with Leigh.

"Everyone’s happy to draw a line under it and just move on now."

UNFINISHED BUSINESS Ex-Celtic and Hearts striker Tony Watt puts Scottish Premiership clubs on transfer red alert
Celtic hero Griff - who took a break from football last season to deal with personal issues - has enjoyed a stunning start to the New Year, scoring two goals in his last three games.
Skipper Scott Brown backed Griffiths over the flashpoint, saying: "Everyone has had criticism. Everyone deals with it and I'm sure the wee man will deal with that.

"I'm sure Boydy is big enough and ugly enough to deal with it too.

"I think it's part and parcel of the game. I've had it, Leigh's had it, everybody's had it before and it's just about how you bounce back."

If Kris Boyd had offered any form of apology The Harbourers would have made it public knowledge. And quickly.

Since they are seemingly happy to draw a line under it I'm going to go out on a limb that both Boyd and Sky have told them to f*ck off.

So the club and the pundit have closed it off.... assume that's what the compliance office was waiting for before moving forward with citing him for throwing an object at the support??

That’s very generous of them. A club full of humanity and warmth.

Boyd will sleep easier tonight.

'Griff'
Aye ok

That's what I was thinking.
The media go on about them as if they are all mates.

Boyd hasn't said anything anywhere near as controversial as their cheerleaders.
I hope he said he stands by everything he said.

Us losing on Sunday has calmed them down. Foaming at the mouth over everything since the parkhead defeat. They must be feeling easier now after we shot ourselves in the foot.

Hahaha "draw a line under it and move on" ffs.

Aye, tae the next time ya manky wee bog trottin c@nt.

Boydy should have told them to ram it up their collective shitters. As soon as they take hanging effigies seriously and put the culprits in the hands of the police then we'll know they're serious about mental health and offensive actions. However, much like their selectarian attitude, offence only occurs if taken by Celtic. %^*& the insecure, morally bankrupt, begging vermin.

It's all been a massive distraction so Griffiths doesn't get hauled over the coals for throwing and object at a supporter.

Objective compete, shameful.

Only in the Scottish media could a goal against rock bottom of the championship partick thistle and rudderless hopeless killie be described as a stunning start to the year. Then again I just remembered which teams player we are talking about here. %^*& the Scottish media, %^*& Leigh "finished" Griffiths and %^*& whatever Lennon and Celtic have to say.

Last edited:
Football pundit in voicing opinion on footballing matter shocker.
They are only raging because he's a Rangers man.
100%, though I wish our club were as quick to sound out so called pundits on their comments on our players.
We can only live in hope

Back