SD v RFC Judgement

Certain people at the club have made an absolute pigs ear of this whole deal and as for the lawyers representing us, they’ve proved they are not up to the job.
Why did we actually enter in to this deal with Elite knowing it handed SD all the ammunition it needed to cry foul,? Unbelievable shambles.

If this was the SPIVS contracts then the board would have my backing as to what we do next, but it's not though is it? These are contracts our current board signed off on, what in the actual flying %^*& were they thinking?

Mr King is in Glasgow just now, some sort of comment or guidance would be helpful.....

We have made a massive cock up.
Whether we like it or not we are getting the fat get back in 19/20.
Between ourselves and Elite millions will be paid to Cashley in damages.
It seems like the big mistake was not to totally define the word ‘manufacture’ to ensure that sports direct would not be able to ‘match’ the manufacture of the kit.

The court has clearly interpreted the word ‘wholesale’ as well as ‘retail’ as the whole manufacture, distribution, wholesale and retail process.

It also seems like the company secretary was economical with the truth in his dealings with both SD and the courts.

It also seems that we tried to pull a fast one by giving Hummel cheap naming rights as part of the kit deal in order to make it look like they were giving us much more for kit.

Whether we like it or not, this hampers our in field recovery as it means we will be less attractive to external investors.

Oh, and ill Phil, the Fake accountants, the BBC, the Mhedia and the Nats etc will be creaming themselves!!

Don’t be surprised if they want us punished financially for cheating!!
What are you slavering about?

Is bringing kit and merchandising back in house (as we dabbled with before) a way to break the Fat C*nts stranglehold? Would be complex and expensive to set up but once that link is broken we can move on from it.

I would bet the answer to this is no, unfortunately.

5.10 says that unless there is a third party offer, SDI can renew for another 2 years on the same terms as current.

I think we've probably inadvertently barred ourselves from taking things in house.

Also this clearly isn't about money for Ashley so who's to say he would even put the strips in his store to sell he could just keep his stock in the stock room

No Charles Green and the Rouges, gave SDI a blank contract and asked them to fill it with their own conditions. They done us up like a kipper.
Ever since we have tried to get out of every contract, only to find another hidden clause, then another. These contracts were not negotiated by 2 willing parties.
Rangers are doing all they can to get round it, not easy when odds are stacked against you.

Sorry but our board renegotiated the current deal therefore the legal terms that our lawyers have made an arse of is the responsibility of the board, not Charles Green and his band of conmen

Our board paid £3m and we now look to be in just as bad a position as we were previously, not to mention the damages we will owe to SD and Elite.

A monumental feck up which will no doubt impact on future transfer budgets

We've still made money we wouldn't have made otherwise.

See if you were getting no pocket money, then suddenly you were getting a fiver but your bully taxed you 2 quid, you're still in a better position. :D
But what if they came back for 5 pound plus interest? Stupid arguement. Also what about the cost every time we go to court?

You seem to be very knowledgeable about this. How much do we need to cover this? Is it all payable in one go? Do you think another insolvency event is likely?

Ah, how dare anyone direct VALID criticism towards the board.

If only my head was buried in the sand like you.

Damages will exceed the £1m mark. That’s without the potential costs to Elite. Not to mention the £3m we paid SD to renegotiate the previous deal to this clusterfeck of a deal

Forgive me for not being over the moon about it

How much longer are we tied into Ashley with this agreement. Is it ongoing or is there a point years from now where we are completely free of him ?

Basics as the current judgement stands SD will have their contract honoured for the two year matching right they should have got last year. Rather than disrupt the current arrangement the Elite deal will run to next Summer when SD will take over the rights. In the meantime SD will be compensated for the revenue lost, but that would be a separate hearing following the Judge hearing Counsels argument. With regards to current injunction the Judge again wants to hear what level of injunction and Counsel arguments.

Note some saying we paid £3M to end the 7 year deal. That’s correct but we were due about the same amount back in dividends from RRL being wound up and we’ve never been paid.. shockingly this is has not been considered in the Courts flippant view that SDI will honour future payments by forcing us to continue to deal with them. Appeals will go, but it this stage I think the Board should just negotiate a financial end to the deal if they can rather than rack up more on Costs. Problem is this is probably about more than money now for Ashley. James Blair appears to have been out of his depth with this from reading that. Exit 7 Year deal contract appears to have had more boobie traps than the original deal.

I know we argued we will leave ourself open to claims from Elite. But I can’t see that they will have had their 2 seasons and their profits haven’t been hit. Damages with SDI is going to be a weird one to quantify.. if they are getting the contract honoured as of next year then what exactly have they lost other than potential interest from the revenue now.

Rangers fans won’t buy from SD so their fight is a fucking nonsense and it’s blatant the attempt is to hurt the current Board for stopping Ashley from owning the brand Rangers.. its an ugly fight we should all be up for.

One thing people seem to forget is this matching clause is not new and was in the old 7 year deal so we would have ended up here anyway regardless.

That's assuming that we get another offer like the Elite one on terms suitable for us. Problem is what if we don't get a suitable offer?

There is still massive question mark about what happens that far in the future and the formation of a future contract.

You think we paid for Helander with money from a fu**ing magic money tree ?

I think we’ll cope.

No, I suspect we’ve funded that through our projected income from this season

Not so sure we’d have predicted several millions of £ going to SD / Elite though ..

The board have gambled big and lost.

I’m not going to lambast them for trying to rid us of SDI. I just can’t understand that the court cannot take into consideration that the fans will not buy products from SDI

Sorry but our board renegotiated the current deal therefore the legal terms that our lawyers have made an arse of is the responsibility of the board, not Charles Green and his band of conmen

Our board paid £3m and we now look to be in just as bad a position as we were previously, not to mention the damages we will owe to SD and Elite.

A monumental feck up which will no doubt impact on future transfer budgets
That might well be true, but ultimately it was Green and his allies that allowed Ashley into the club in the beginning to do the damage. It all comes back to that in the end.

I would bet the answer to this is no, unfortunately.

5.10 says that unless there is a third party offer, SDI can renew for another 2 years on the same terms as current.

I think we've probably inadvertently barred ourselves from taking things in house.

Sounds like it’s been a junior that’s drafted / read over this legal agreement.

Whoever signed off on this from our board should step down.

If we believe the lawyers have made a mess of it then we should be looking to sue them although I suspect this is straw clutching

Can I ask those who know their stuff on here as I haven’t a clue over all this.i am sorry if this sounds stupid but could say Dave King set up a sports kit company and as someone said in a previous post and put in an offer that sports direct couldn’t match.i am asuming at the very least sports direct will have to match the elite/Hummel deal.

These are exactly the type of laws that the general public need to fight against for future rulings.

The fact a shareholder of one company can tie another company they're involved with into a deal is a joke. There should be a mandatory get out clause of for example 100% of the previous years earnings.

That might well be true, but ultimately it was Green and his allies that allowed Ashley into the club in the beginning to do the damage. It all comes back to that in the end.

We can’t keep looking back the way. How far do we go back, Sir Duped?

The current board renegotiated this deal, badly. The buck stops with them on this one

I dont actually believe that anyone on hear has read the outcome and actually 100% understood it all correctly. Myself included.

However I see various posters immediately blaming the board for this. I would like them to state clearly what they believe the board should have done rather than just mouthing off.

We got out the last deal which paid us pennies for every item sold through SDI. Yes it cost £3 million but that was obviously worth doing in the long run as opposed to being tied into such a long deal. The new deal last year gave us much more of any items that were sold and that allowed us to attempt to break away from SDI when we entered into the situation with Hummel and also Elite.

Our lawyers obviously felt that SDI wouldn't even attempt to match the deal we put in place with Hummel / Elite and it is obvious that with their actions and the fact that SDI have basically challenged so many different parts of the deal, that they would not have matched the deal we have.

What appears to have happened is the judge has agreed with the breach of contract as YES we didn't allow SDI to match the deal not anything to do with the fact that they would have.

Now it appears we are appealing so we again are left in the dark about what happened next.

Does the ruling state we must stop immediately with regards to Elite or are we just going to continue as is until our appeal is heard.

Also what is the problem if SDI actually match all aspects of the Elite deal. If the deal states that stock etc must be readily available. Then surely SDI must maintain this to avoid breaching the contract.

If SDI actually comply and we are on the same deal as Elite we surely cannot cut our noses off when we will be on the same percentage. Yes its dealing with SDI but if the judges rule we have no other option then surely we have to as a club do all we can to bring revenue in. The more stuff bought gets us more money albeit SDI also make money.

I'd prefer to be able to buy anywhere other than SDI but if the rulings keep going against Us then what other options are there. Keep breaching stuff and basically being fined part of the profits.

I’ll continue to support the club through tickets , RTV, rising stars and what I will do moving forward is instead of spending £100 on kit for the kids , I’ll put that money into rising stars , it’ll still cost me as I’ll end up getting the kids a football strip but it will need to be lionbrand or an EPL club ( probably Liverpool ) . But the club won’t lose out . What I won’t do is give money to SD.

we need to find very creative ways to take the fight to Ashley, and interrupt his stores from trading as much as possible. Not much we can do about the online business, but we can certainly cause chaos in any bricks & mortar outlets all over the U.K.
Sports Direct is a huge business, so even a couple of % worth of interruption is £millions in lost sales.

I can't even start to digest the court proceedings in that report. Goodness, we paid this excrement of a human being 3 million last year and I thought that was us clear to proceed without anymore interference from SD. Clearly we have a fight on our hands, still. As I've said before, Ashley knew the contracts served up by the cretins that came in, where in no way representative to our needs, but he duly signed them, knowing that he was going to rip the f--k out of our club, he's a total and utter scumbag......

We can’t keep looking back the way. How far do we go back, Sir Duped?

The current board renegotiated this deal, badly. The buck stops with them on this one
I don't disagree on the point, but to my mind there WAS no way out of it. They tried, and they appear to have failed. We can but hope an appeal goes our way.

The board have gambled big and lost.

I’m not going to lambast them for trying to rid us of SDI. I just can’t understand that the court cannot take into consideration that the fans will not buy products from SDI

Would that have any impact? is this not simply a case of what the contract says?

What’s worrying is you would have thought we would have had the best solicitors Available defending the club against the fat man knowing the situation and yet we paid him was it £3 Million as well it doesn’t add up.

Surely it must be easy for the fans groups to make a "fans shirt" then be free to donate profits to RFC. We all buy fan shirt and boycott official one till we are free of the fat jackal.

Ah, how dare anyone direct VALID criticism towards the board.

If only my head was buried in the sand like you.

Damages will exceed the £1m mark. That’s without the potential costs to Elite. Not to mention the £3m we paid SD to renegotiate the previous deal to this clusterfeck of a deal

Forgive me for not being over the moon about it
So we don’t know the potential costs to Elite? We do know damages will exceed £1m. Presumably the £3m you refer to has already been paid?

When you say sell a player I image you mean Morelos or Tav rather than Grezda for example. Given either would fetch around £10m approx why would we have to sell to fund damages plus potential costs when the total of those 2 items is unknown?

Basics as the current judgement stands SD will have their contract honoured for the two year matching right they should have got last year. Rather than disrupt the current arrangement the Elite deal will run to next Summer when SD will take over the rights. In the meantime SD will be compensated for the revenue lost, but that would be a separate hearing following the Judge hearing Counsels argument. With regards to current injunction the Judge again wants to hear what level of injunction and Counsel arguments.

Note some saying we paid £3M to end the 7 year deal. That’s correct but we were due about the same amount back in dividends from RRL being wound up and we’ve never been paid.. shockingly this is has not been considered in the Courts flippant view that SDI will honour future payments by forcing us to continue to deal with them. Appeals will go, but it this stage I think the Board should just negotiate a financial end to the deal if they can rather than rack up more on Costs. Problem is this is probably about more than money now for Ashley. James Blair appears to have been out of his depth with this from reading that. Exit 7 Year deal contract appears to have had more boobie traps than the original deal.

I know we argued we will leave ourself open to claims from Elite. But I can’t see that they will have had their 2 seasons and their profits haven’t been hit. Damages with SDI is going to be a weird one to quantify.. if they are getting the contract honoured as of next year then what exactly have they lost other than potential interest from the revenue now.

Rangers fans won’t buy from SD so their fight is a fucking nonsense and it’s blatant the attempt is to hurt the current Board for stopping Ashley from owning the brand Rangers.. its an ugly fight we should all be up for.
BB can i ask if the unpaid takings from RRL valued circa 3m are the subject of a separate court case ?
Also the 2 year SDI right to match issue , is that a contract right of SDI in perpetuity ?

You'd think it was the end-times from a few posters on here.

We aren't going to operate with this cunt willingly, we sure as hell aren't going to do it on their terms, they sure as fuck wont have exclusivity so we aren't going to buy from them either.

I doubt they will match the terms of the Elite deal regardless. If they do it will be so they can claim the money and not match the deal and then in a years time we will be back in court.

IF SD match the terms then the club gets the same income per shirt sale.
Now i know there is a lot of hatref towards ashley me included but if the club get same as what elite gets surely its better we get something then nothing? Im maybe clutching at straw ls here

Your not I said the same thing that will be the difficult position Fans will be put in. Ultimately this is an undoing order back to where we were when the 7 year deal ended and Fans bought from SD know the Club was getting a fairer split.

What’s slightly better about being tied to SD for life?
I know the financial side is better, but many won’t buy from them even if king came out dressed in a SD carrier bag telling us to
It’s not ideal being tied to them but we’ll earn more than we did.
The board need to take risks and chances to get rid. If they sat back and did nothing it would be worse.

Sounds like we’re due SD millions in compensation, we might not be allowed to sell our 2nd and 3rd kits, we’ll be back with SD forever, SD will decide who makes our kit, we’ll never be free from SD unless they decide to walk away, and Elite will probably sue us.

Can’t really see any positives in this.

I’m not a lawyer but I’ve read a lot of legal contracts in my time and in a nut shell you are right. We may have some sort of gentleman’s agreement with Hummell and Elite so it’s possible they won’t sue us.

BB can i ask if the unpaid takings from RRL valued circa 3m are the subject of a separate court case ?
Also the 2 year SDI right to match issue , is that a contract right of SDI in perpetuity ?

Yes there is separate counter claim being made by RIFC Plc. Today’s ruling is on the prior agreement and the undoing order. As Judge in prior case said Rangers and SD should get on with forming a new deal that’s still to be sorted out. I wouldn’t get too tied up in that aspect as it’s not really part of judgement on this case. The future relationship aspect is probably going to lead to more disagreements and hearings.

Your not I said the same thing that will be the difficult position Fans will be put in. Ultimately this is an undoing order back to where we were when the 7 year deal ended and Fans bought from SD know the Club was getting a fairer split.
Cheers BB.
Tbh my heids burst with all this.
If that b@stard getting say 30p inbthe £ meant the club got 70p then id be in....although reluctantly. If it wasnt for my daughter wanting the tops id rather buy rangers lotto but try explaining all this to a wean when our lawyers cannae get it right

Forgive me if I've got this wrong, but Elite is selling as one of Hummel's partners. I was under the impression that this deal had nothing legally to do with Rangers, so why would Rangers have to pay SDI?

I thought so too. Also Hummell won’t supply SD so we’ll be back to Puma or worse much worse!

So after the current deal with Elite expire, could Elite offer a new deal for example 95% profit to Rangers

SD would then have to match that deal or walk away in which case we’d never have to deal with them again?

I am so fucking sick of reading posts by bears with not a lick or faintest whiff of legal knowledge or education ripping into the club and its litigation strategy.

It’s fine to be gutted about this but let’s not pretend to know what the actual options were. We simply don’t have all the information.

Back