SD v RFC Judgement

I doubt they will match the terms of the Elite deal regardless. If they do it will be so they can claim the money and not match the deal and then in a years time we will be back in court.

Here’s what the Judge said on that matter:

“I am satisfied that SDIR would have matched those arrangements had it been given the opportunity to do so.”

Another argument we lost.so

The only saving grace (hopefully) is that it doesn't have any baring on our plans for this season. We've appealed which at least staves off any immediate action. Best we park it. Get through the window and keep Alfie and Tav. Carry on our building togetherness and slaughter those who tried to kill us. It's time for 55
#positivityloyal

My concern looking forward is this:

SDI have the ability to match any deal we are offered by another supplier/retailer

Why then would any other retailer go to the bother of offering us a deal when they know that SDI are likely to match it (and then probably not stock goods etc)? No alternative deal to match leaves us with a huge potential problem, but might also raise questions about the contract itself

My heid is fried

Last edited:
Reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Lionel Hutz comes up against Burn’s team of lawyers and runs out the court room.

Presume this is similar to what happened today.

I am so fucking sick of reading posts by bears with not a lick or faintest whiff of legal knowledge or education ripping into the club and its litigation strategy.

It’s fine to be gutted about this but let’s not pretend to know what the actual options were. We simply don’t have all the information.
I agree with you wholeheartedly but I would imagine that the posters you are talking about are worried bears, as we all are.

If you bother to read the judgment, you will see for yourself what it means.
Ashley is getting back the rights to sell out kit next season and is to get punitive damages for the Eilte deal.
Sadly, this is not good.

Surely elite and others will be able to offer us terms in which fatman would have to match?

Your not I said the same thing that will be the difficult position Fans will be put in. Ultimately this is an undoing order back to where we were when the 7 year deal ended and Fans bought from SD know the Club was getting a fairer split.

If Elite were to make an offer that provided us with a large upfront payment (4-5,000,000) but ensured they received 75% of all profits then SDR would have the opportunity to match this. If they did then any fan boycott would ensure that no profit would be generated, thus leaving us with a substantial amount and SDR with nothing.
Too simple?

Doesn't read well at all.

You have to wonder where the board go with this,you are only looking at the prospect of Millions going to Sports Direct, you are looking at future earnings being down by millions.

Whoever drew up the renegotiation contract and the lawyers responsible for signing off and advising should all be sacked on the spot.

If Elite were to make an offer that provided us with a large upfront payment (4-5,000,000) but ensured they received 75% of all profits then SDR would have the opportunity to match this. If they did then any fan boycott would ensure that no profit would be generated, thus leaving us with a substantial amount and SDR with nothing.
Too simple?

If it was this simple , I would imagine it would have been done.

My concern looking forward is this:

SDI have the ability to match any deal we are offered by another supplier/retailer

Why then would any other retailer go to the bother of offering us a deal when they know that SDI are likely to match it (and then probably not stock goods etc)?

We create our own third party company and offer a deal that SD will not match?

I agree with you wholeheartedly but I would imagine that the posters you are talking about are worried bears, as we all are.
Fair mate and I’m not for a second saying we shouldn’t be concerned about the direction of travel on this so far but the board are trying to deliver what the fans want when the club and its retail rights were essentially stolen by fraudsters.

It’s possible we have made some crucial mistakes but we don’t know for sure so let’s do our best to avoid directing fire at the board for now.

I believe the board are doing all they can. We got out the first deal into a slightly better deal.
We need to play the long game here.
Keep your support in the board. Well get there in the end

Totally and utterly agree with this.

However, provided it is done in a constructive manner, people should be able to query the board without getting hounded or vilified on here.

The expectation was set that we were out of the woods, or could at least see the tree-line.

That expectation is now very much in doubt. Fans have every right to seek a new set of expectations based on what is now playing out.

Here’s what the Judge said on that matter:

“I am satisfied that SDIR would have matched those arrangements had it been given the opportunity to do so.”

Another argument we lost.so

I am not quite sure how he can come to that conclusion, and if that is part of his reasoning, an appeal has every chance to be successful.

I am so fucking sick of reading posts by bears with not a lick or faintest whiff of legal knowledge or education ripping into the club and its litigation strategy.

It’s fine to be gutted about this but let’s not pretend to know what the actual options were. We simply don’t have all the information.
Having read about 4 pages of the document, even without being a lawyer, James Blair acting on behalf of us doesnt come out that well. Are we allowed to say that? It's now also not looking like a "strategy" at all

Can someone explain why when it comes to Rangers, the judges are happy to completely ignore the written terms of the contract (i.e. capped compensation) but with SDI, we need to follow it to the letter as specified?

That makes absolutely zero sense

There's nothing in the judgment suggesting that the capped compensation won't be enforced.

The alternative was we let Sports Direct do whatever they want. Instead we chose to fight them, and we are continuing to fight them.
In spite of this ruling I still don't see Sports Direct selling any Rangers merch in the future. They are obligated under contract to supply Rangers with a retail service. How are they going to convince Rangers supporters to buy from them. Sports Direct are a poisoned brand, and this makes their consideration element of the contract problematic.
The most likely outcome is both parties will go their separate ways.

The alternative was we let Sports Direct do whatever they want. Instead we chose to fight them, and we are continuing to fight them.
In spite of this ruling I still don't see Sports Direct selling any Rangers merch in the future. They are obligated under contract to supply Rangers with a retail service. How are they going to convince Rangers supporters to buy from them. Sports Direct are a poisoned brand, and this makes their consideration element of the contract problematic.
I hope they do, but fear the short term financial cost

So a Judge decides to side with a crook who he knows is just being awkward and who has no interest in working alongside the club amicably. It is clear this lady's front bottom is only interested in hampering the club from making money so where the FUK is justice here?

He obtained the first contracts with the club through nothing but sheer criminality and if a Judge cannot see this then the justice system is more fucked than I thought. The contracts have been drawn up to hamper the club and benefit SD from day one.

We better be appealing this.

How can we go about setting up a retail deal with the club where we sell strips and 100% of the profit goes to the club as others have suggested. Let's see SD match those terms!!!

I am not quite sure how he can come to that conclusion, and if that is part of his reasoning, an appeal has every chance to be successful.

Can only assume he’s come to that conclusion based upon the evidence he heard mate. He’s not going to make that statement on the back of nothing. Regardless of how ‘suspicious’ we may be of SDIs intentions. Furthermore, reading the judgement it doesn't appear that Rangers are contesting that fact at all. My reading is that all we are contesting is the level of damages and the injunction terms.

Surely elite and others will be able to offer us terms in which fatman would have to match?

I was thinking elite offers us a deal where they pay us £5M(arbitrary figure) and keep 100% of the income from the merch sales.

SD would make a huge loss matching that and we get guaranteed money.

Totally and utterly agree with this.

However, provided it is done in a constructive manner, people should be able to query the board without getting hounded or vilified on here.

The expectation was set that we were out of the woods, or could at least see the tree-line.

That expectation is now very much in doubt. Fans have every right to seek a new set of expectations based on what is now playing out.
Agreed mate. We’ve had many falsé dawns, this is no different.
We’re trying, we’re still fighting and we’ll continue to until the end.
Ok we lost a round but we’re still better off than 12 months ago.
If the board sat back and did nothing there would be an uproar.
Keep fighting and support the board

Is it possible for King to get a sit doen with this (unt and see what it will take to rid him to fu(k off forever. Even if it means King losing face the greater good is Rangers.
I still cant believe that ashley has been a (unt from the start. If hed played the game hed be raking it in

Agreed mate. We’ve had many falsé dawns, this is no different.
We’re trying, we’re still fighting and we’ll continue to until the end.
Ok we lost a round but we’re still better off than 12 months ago.
If the board sat back and did nothing there would be an uproar.
Keep fighting and support the board

Well said fella.

There is, of course, a third option - which the club can't themselves raise - but it would involve the provision of a 'fans shirt' by a manufacturer, with all profits going to the club as a donation.

It absolutely CAN be done, but it'd need a decent bit of work from people who know what they're doing from a retail and commercial perspective - I'm sure Rangers' directors and commercial department could give the fans' some advice free of charge...

The wheels would need to start turning fairly quickly in order to sort out next seasons tops, of course.

Does anyone see any obvious issues with the above?
I expect a body like club 1872 could do it with no input from Rangers, it is likely that Ashley could not stop that.
However, looking at the terms of the judgment Rangers could NOT officially encourage such a course of action.
There is time though as the fat man will not get control until the beginning of next season.

Well said mate totally agree, and its the same fuds constantly at it ....ALWAYS looking to pounce on faults, Strange behaviour from so called supporters, immaterial how upset they are with this news, they KNOW NOTHING but type oodles of utter tripe and when questioned on it, dont really have any concrete answers funny that!!

We need to be in 'cahoots' with a friendly retailer to help us get out of this.

As many have said, if Elite could make us an overly generous offer that SD would never dream of matching, we'd make sure Elite are more than rewarded for their loyalty in the future. They'll know this at the rate the Hummel stuff is flying off the shelves.

Too simplistic though?

A little bit of light at the end of the tunnel, mate?
How long is the tunnel?

So we paid 3 million to get out of the deal that saw almost everything going to SDI to enter into a new deal with a more even split of profits.

If SDI are going to match any other deal that is on the table then it looks like the only option will be an about turn from the board and a plea to fans to buy from Ashley.

Is it that or lose millions in potential revenue through another boycott?

Me.
I haven't got a clue.

Fair mate and I’m not for a second saying we shouldn’t be concerned about the direction of travel on this so far but the board are trying to deliver what the fans want when the club and its retail rights were essentially stolen by fraudsters.

It’s possible we have made some crucial mistakes but we don’t know for sure so let’s do our best to avoid directing fire at the board for now.[/QUOTE]

10000% Correct

This is just never ending agony and disappointment.

We must have thought we had a very strong position, so someone appears to have got it very wrong.

Who would hear any appeal?

Is it possible for King to get a sit doen with this (unt and see what it will take to rid him to fu(k off forever. Even if it means King losing face the greater good is Rangers.
I still cant believe that ashley has been a (unt from the start. If hed played the game hed be raking it in
He was involved in the carve up from the very beginning imo. He's as big a c*nt as Murray, Whyte, Green and all the rest of them.

It is difficult to predict. The Judge has clearly stated that, in effect, the onus is on Rangers to be transparent.
It would appear the deals done with Elite/Hummel may have contained other elements that disguised the true value.
For example, the judge picks up on naming rights. Although he mentions the stadium, the same criteria would apply to the training ground.
The question would be who would want to pay handsomely with the Fat Man and his legal beagles all over any deal.
I am not saying Hummel/Elite wouldn’t but all involved would have to be prepared to put all their cards on the table.

Can we get list of stuff Fat Mike owns so I know what not to buy.
Cruise
USC
Flannels
Van Mildert
Sports Direct
Evans Cycles
House of Frasers
And many tat brands such as hot tuna, karrrimor, donnay, firetrap, lonsdale, slazenger, sondico, everlast and kangol.

He also has stakes im Tesco, 18 Momtrose, trying to or already has got Game.

There are more.

Hes a fat, crooked, bullying cuntbucket

Back