SD v RFC Judgement

Saying we were in breach of agreement by entering into the Elite/Hummel agreement and by failing to offer SDIR the opportunity to exercise its matching rights in respect of Elite/Hummel’s offer.

This is really stupid.

A portion of shirt sales will now have to go to SDI. Whereas if they matched the deal, we as punters, would have the option not to purchase from them, giving them zero.

In future, buy from Elite not SDI.

Mr Blair untruthfully....

Or

The less said the better about Rangers second case in defence.

Going by that, we are screwed, we have to pay then damages for loss of sales last year and this year and then the judge will report back what he thinks the next steps are.

This is really stupid.

A portion of shirt sales will now have to go to SDI. Whereas if they matched the deal, we as punters, would have the option not to purchase from them, giving them zero.

In future, buy from Elite not SDI.
Elite might be blocked in future if judge rules we need to continue to offer SD, even though they say they will always match the dealandthey will state who can sell it.

Does that draw a line under it?

Asked in hope rather than any expectation.

reading that it sounds asif we wont be able to use elite next season and we will have to pay many more millions to sports direct.

It was a possibility but judge has ruled against it.

No question we will be down money as a result of this farce. DK made a big song and dance about his "victory" as well. Embarrassing.
Any idea how bad it could get ? i know its hard to say

The whole thing is just unbelievable

Any idea how bad it could get ? i know its hard to say

The whole thing is just unbelievable
. quickly reading that, sd will be entitled to compo.

from next season also they'll get some shirt sale profits as we have already got three shirts on sale/about to be on sale

I am not legally astute, but what was stopping us from "agreeing" (wink wink) a deal so bloody favourable for us with Hummel then offering SD the opportunity to match it?
If they did, we'd be seriously better off. If not, we're shot of them. Then we quietly renegotiate terms with Hummel behind closed doors... ;)

reading that it sounds asif we wont be able to use elite next season and we will have to pay many more millions to sports direct.

That was what caught my eye. I think we are being forced back to SDI from next season. I think we are being forced to compensate SDI for their losses last season and this season (the Judge described their losses as running into many millions of pounds), Elite are going to suffer losses and will likely sue Rangers. Just in a very quick read so may have understood some of it.

There is very little I can see in that judgement to be in any way optimistic about. A defeat undoubtedly, and a very heavy one at that.

Hopefully my speed read has come to the wrong conclusions. Would welcome @Marty101 opinion on this when he gets the chance.

So is it back to square one - boycotting the kit again ? Hopefully some guidance on this from club1872 shortly .

I won’t be giving Ashley one thin dime , ever again .
Most likely scenario is that SDI are the distributor next season. Hopefully in an agreement in terms of profit % that is reasonably favourable to us.

y
That was what caught my eye. I think we are being forced back to SDI from next season. I think we are being forced to compensate SDI for their losses last season and this season (the Judge described their losses as running into many millions of pounds), Elite are going to suffer losses and will likely sue Rangers. Just in a very quick read so may have understood some of it.

There is very little I can see in that judgement to be in any way optimistic about. A defeat undoubtedly, and a very heavy one at that.

Hopefully my speed read has come to the wrong conclusions. Would welcome @Marty101 opinion on this when he gets the chance.
yeah thats exactly what i took from it all. its a pumping to say the least and i dread to think how much we will be forced to pay them. we could be forced to sell morelos now for a low ball offer

Back