Sean Connery in the Racing Club Dressing Room Prior to their Match with Celtic

There's a photo of him in one of the old Scottish Football Books of him on the pitch at the piggery with the scum team around 1967. I think he just supports whoever is having success. He was never a real supporter of Rangers.

Was he %^*&! They really are desperate bastards! He’s born in Fountain Park, Edinburgh. If anything he’d be a Jambo, I’m sure there’s a story he was going to sign for Busby at Man Utd but said no as there’s more money in acting. He’s a Ger and if it’s due to Murray then so be it.

Don’t want to piss on anyone’s chips but there are actually verbatim quotes online from Connery about switching allegiance from Celtic to Rangers due to Murray.

Look at the first reply...Connery was a Sellik fan.
He wasn't.
I used to think the same, notwithstanding his interest in Rangers during the Murray era.
However, I met one of his best pals from Hollywood once and we had a debate about this and I lost of course, and was quite considerably put on my arse by someone who clearly knew the man.
Rangers fan, 100%.
Although clearly a man who courted publicity wherever it could enhance his career hence the interest in The Filth after they won the European Cup.

He became friendly with Murray after Sir Flim-flam acquired Rangers and he started attending a few of the glamour matches. Was not a Rangers fan before that. Murray loved it, as he's the biggest name dropper you'll ever meet. They used to swan about Monaco too.
Connery was the best James Bond, but a tight fisted arsehole of a man tbh!

It really is amazing that when a world wide super star says he is a Rangers fan or has leanings to us, some on here make it their goal to disprove this.
It happened when Gordon Ramsey said he is a fan he got abuse on here.
Can we all for once just enjoy the good press when someone famous might actually support us ?
We have enough enemies so any friends are welcome.

W.A.T.P.

Sean Connery was a regular at parkheed in the early 90s, drifted away when they became really shite.
Can remember him at our game in Copenhagen in 03.

It really is amazing that when a world wide super star says he is a Rangers fan or has leanings to us, some on here make it their goal to disprove this.
It happened when Gordon Ramsey said he is a fan he got abuse on here.
Can we all for once just enjoy the good press when someone famous might actually support us ?

noticed that myself. Anyway I take everything I read on such matters with a large pinch of salt because I’ve learned over the years folk don’t half talk shite.

This from 2008.​

Celtic fans give me pelters since I switched loyalty to Rangers, says Sir Sean Connery​

SEAN Connery yesterday revealed he gets a hard time from Celtic fans - because he switched his allegiance to Rangers.

SEAN Connery yesterday revealed he gets a hard time from Celtic fans - because he switched his allegiance to Rangers.

The former 007 dumped his boyhood favourites when he met and became close pals with the Ibrox side's chairman, David Murray.

But he laughed off the switch and joked that he gets spat at by Celtic fans when he returns to Paradise.

Connery, who was celebrating his 78th birthday yesterday, was speaking as he launched his autobiography Being A Scot at the Book Festival in his native Edinburgh.

First Minister Alex Salmond, the actor's brother Neil and wife Micheline were among those in the 300-strong audience.

Connery told them he had been a Celtic supporter when he was younger, after being introduced to the club by his father Joseph.
He said: "Football was a great passion of mine while I was growing up.

Did he not meet a potential signing on a private jet along with David Murray? Or am I just completely imagining that

He did it a few times.

It was Murray’s party piece for clinching new signings.

The prospective new signing climbed aboard Murray’s private jet to be greeted by James Bond lol.

This from 2008.​

Celtic fans give me pelters since I switched loyalty to Rangers, says Sir Sean Connery​

The former 007 dumped his boyhood favourites when he met and became close pals with the Ibrox side's chairman, David Murray.

But he laughed off the switch and joked that he gets spat at by Celtic fans when he returns to Paradise.

Connery, who was celebrating his 78th birthday yesterday, was speaking as he launched his autobiography Being A Scot at the Book Festival in his native Edinburgh.

First Minister Alex Salmond, the actor's brother Neil and wife Micheline were among those in the 300-strong audience.

Connery told them he had been a Celtic supporter when he was younger, after being introduced to the club by his father Joseph.
He said: "Football was a great passion of mine while I was growing up.
If he had switched from them to us why was he still “returning to Paradise” and giving them the opportunity to spit on him?

I remember an interview I read of him about 25 years ago where he said he would watch various Scottish clubs when he was growing up as a kid. He stated his idol back then was George Young but I believe it was because he was Scotland's regular captain .

I’m sure it was Hemdani that he picked up on the private jet in 2005. I’m sure there were other potential signings that got to meet Sean

I sat behind him in the Stadio Delli Alpi when were getting cuffed by Juve and him and my dad were like long lost brothers talking about railways and electric milk floats!! Seriously he was still a great actor and famous but he treated my dad like he was his brother. The stand was almost empty that night as well but he hardly looked at me.

Grew up supporting Hibs.
Started supporting Sellik under Stein in the 60's / 70's.
Switched allegiances to Hearts in the 80's, when Wallace Mercer was big in town.
Became a Rangers fan when David Murray was in charge in the late 80's and 90's.
Probably supports Monaco now, or whatever tax haven he lives in.

Connery has seen more clubs than Tiger Woods and has more faces than the Trongate clock.

Back