Sean Connery in the Racing Club Dressing Room Prior to their Match with Celtic

It really is amazing that when a world wide super star says he is a Rangers fan or has leanings to us, some on here make it their goal to disprove this.
It happened when Gordon Ramsey said he is a fan he got abuse on here.
Can we all for once just enjoy the good press when someone famous might actually support us ?

Apparently he bad mouthed Pedro on a Podcast as well. Connery is a classless ned!

Another nationalist who wants to create a Scottish paradise from his Croft in Marbella. I have always said have more in common with a union supporting Tim than a nationalist bear.

He wasn't.
I used to think the same, notwithstanding his interest in Rangers during the Murray era.
However, I met one of his best pals from Hollywood once and we had a debate about this and I lost of course, and was quite considerably put on my arse by someone who clearly knew the man.
Rangers fan, 100%.
Although clearly a man who courted publicity wherever it could enhance his career hence the interest in The Filth after they won the European Cup.

So good to read this. The more celebrity fans we have the better and they dont come bigger and better than Sean Connery. Martin Comston? Ha ha ha!

Remember him turning up at Ibrox for a European match in his chauffeur driven Rolls, number plate SC1 springs to mind.

Was he %^*&! They really are desperate bastards! He’s born in Fountain Park, Edinburgh. If anything he’d be a Jambo, I’m sure there’s a story he was going to sign for Busby at Man Utd but said no as there’s more money in acting. He’s a Ger and if it’s due to Murray then so be it.
Not sure about that. I do know he worked as a milkman in Edinburgh and got his acting break as the strong man in South Pacific.

Whether he claims to be a Rangers supporter or not( he’s a separatist so I don’t want him associated with Rangers.
I was always of the view, that with him being friends with DM, that's how he got involved going to Rangers games.

Was he %^*&! They really are desperate bastards! He’s born in Fountain Park, Edinburgh. If anything he’d be a Jambo, I’m sure there’s a story he was going to sign for Busby at Man Utd but said no as there’s more money in acting. He’s a Ger and if it’s due to Murray then so be it.
Bollocks. He was a Selik/Hibs fan that attended Rangers games due to his friendship with David Murray.

May 2003, when we beat Dunfermline on the last day to win the title on goal difference (and provoke a Chris Sutton meltdown) I watched the game with the Kearny RSC in New Jersey.

Big Sean was there and jumped off his seat to celebrate every time we scored.

He was definitely friends with Murray and I guy I know that knew both of them said that he followed Rangers but was not a huge fan.

He gets mentioned on our tour, the last few times I've done it they point out a seat in the directors box and say its his.

My mate who's partial to the odd mushroom says he saw him golfing in Barshaw once and a wee fat Asian fellow threw his bowler hat at him...

May 2003, when we beat Dunfermline on the last day to win the title on goal difference (and provoke a Chris Sutton meltdown) I watched the game with the Kearny RSC in New Jersey.

Big Sean was there and jumped off his seat to celebrate every time we scored.
Was Springsteen there he's a definite Gers Man

He'll go anywhere he can get a decent standard of free-load, including the Rangers director's box when he was pals with Sir Flim Flam.
IIrc he was at the Leeds game in 1992... with the Bears in the printed FF later saying ` A Bear could have taken that seat`........ also seem to recall him in Murray`s company for a league game at East End Park in the mid 90`s... though my memory could be playing tricks here.....

IIrc he was at the Leeds game in 1992... with the Bears in the printed FF later saying ` A Bear could have taken that seat`........ also seem to recall him in Murray`s company for a league game at East End Park in the mid 90`s... though my memory could be playing tricks here.....

Mostly CL games and any opportunity to jump on the chartered PJ.
I have a few stories about him, but best not post them on here :)

Back