Sean Goss article from Devon Live

TibbsyBear

Former Manchester United player Sean Goss reveals how growing up at Exeter City can help him thrive on loan at Rangers
He has moved to Scotland from QPR on loan

http://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/former-manchester-united-player-sean-1132541

Sean Goss says his upbringing at Exeter City can help him to thrive on loan in Scotland.

The midfielder joined Rangers this month on loan from QPR, a year after moving to Loftus Road from Manchester United.

He originally joined the Red Devils from Exeter City aged 12 and he says playing for both the Grecians and Crediton United can give him a good grounding for playing against some of Scotland's smaller sides, such as Fraserburgh, who Rangers visit in the Scottish Cup this week.

"I've played in all the tiny stadiums when I was at Exeter," he told The Scotsman .

"I've had the luxury of being at Exeter and Manchester United so hopefully I am prepared for everything.

"Back in my cub days I played for a team called Crediton and left when I was 12. I've had a look at the Fraserburgh stadium and it’s very similar. It’s like going back home. I looked it all up. It will be good, I’m looking forward to it.

"Away trips with Exeter could be long, there were a lot of overnight trips even when we were only young. If we were going up to Crewe it's a long old slog on the bus. That would be six hours, maybe seven with the M6 if it was bad."

Goss made his debut in last week's win over Aberdeen to good reviews and he says it was great to be involved in a competitive match.

He said: "My debut at Ibrox was great, I was buzzing. It was my first competitive game in a long time so I was delighted to be out there.

"It was a brilliant atmosphere and the three points topped it off."

Like what I have seen from this lad so far - lot people where underwhelmed by the signing of him / but with the injuries to McCrorie, Jack and Dorrans looks like a good bit of business from our DoF even if we don't get him full time he will have plugged a gap until players return

Is there a realistic chance of signing him on a permanent contract? I really like the look of this boy. He’s an excellent prospect and will keep getting better.

Looks like we have a player. Classy, intelligent passer, great left foot. You can tell he has been well coached in the basics at Man Utd. A pleasant surprise .

Signed a 3 year deal January last year for a fee of £500,000. God knows what he's worth now due to the financial lunacy down south?

Sweet free kicks which we should make hay from, he also isn’t frightened to have a shot at goal, Long may that continue.

Is there a realistic chance of signing him on a permanent contract? I really like the look of this boy. He’s an excellent prospect and will keep getting better.
QPR say they want him back after the loan ends but don't know when the QPR contract ends.

He looks a calm, classy and assured player on early evidence. Will need time to get his match sharpness up to full speed.

I like the look of him.

It's still early yet, but he does look very comfortable with the ball at his feet and he pings the ball about nicely with that left foot.

When he was subbed in the last game against Ross County we lost control of the midfield.
He is a classy midfield player who can control games with his range of passing, we must try and sign him up permanently if it's possible.

QPR have been quoted as saying they rate him highly, and want him back. It does make you wonder why he has only managed 6 games in two seasons for a struggling QPR side.

He looks a tidy player but does he get in ahead of Jack, Dorrans, McRorie or Docherty?

It would be a bit daft to part with any kind of fee if there was a chance IMO, that's money that has to go to the defence & no.10 next

There were 29 clubs looking at this lad:D

He does look talented enough, still not match fit like one or two of our recruits but that will come, if he produces the goods then like someone else says maybe put a bid in for the lad in the summer, unless we're fighting off the other 28!!!

Who is keeping him out at QPR ?
Seems quite odd that they can't use him - he looks the part to me - got the makings of a decent player IMHO

Back