Sean Goss joins on loan until end of season

He's a midfielder by the looks of it. Compared to Michael Carrick in some articles (position rather than ability sadly).

What would be the point of this signing?

Other than just another body in taking a wage.

Do we have any football strategy at all going on at Ibrox?

Instead of galvanising the support, more and more will be getting scunnered with it all if this is going through.

Defo a Mark Allen signing.

He is a sitting midfielder (can play left back). Very technical and a really good passer of the ball, hence the comparisons to Carrick.

He was rated really highly at Man Utd and it was a really good move for QPR getting him but I’ve no idea whats happened to him there.

On the face of it, looks like a no risk signing which could end up a masterstroke if he hits the heights he was tipped for at Man Utd.

Defo a Mark Allen signing.

He is a sitting midfielder (can play left back). Very technical and a really good passer of the ball, hence the comparisons to Carrick.

He was rated really highly at Man Utd and it was a really good move for QPR getting him but I’ve no idea whats happened to him there.

On the face of it, looks like a no risk signing which could end up a masterstroke if he hits the heights he was tipped for at Man Utd.

He has a 'wand of a left foot' according to Nicky Butt.

Think about it. If he was any bloody good why would a struggling QPR side be punting him out on loan !

The article I read seems to be suggesting he plays better in a team who dominate play, and thus hasn't really got a look in there as he seems more Carrick than Kante.

Highly rated a year ago at Utd, decent passer, made the move to QPR himself chasing first team football.

Seems relatively low risk, need to trust Mark Allen here and see how it goes.

H e has a 'wand of a left foot' according to Nicky Butt.
Evidence of that is in the video above.

If we’re signing him on a 6 month deal for free to get a good look at him and see what we can get out of him then I’ve no issues with that.

Bare in mind Mark Allen will of seen this boy play countless times.

Allen will have seen him play more than any person on this board.

Sadly a lot of Rangers fans are still struggling with how a DOF works as they weren’t there in the 1980s and are looking for any reason to slaughter him and any of his signings.

Like all players, I’ll give him a chance. That’s what fans are supposed to do.

I know absolutely nothing about this guy. According to some sources he's a centre half, others have him as a midfielder. I'm sure someone on FF will know something about him.

To be fair, it's a low risk signing so no real harm.

That said, replacing Alves & Cardoso with Martin & Goss is a questionable step.

image02-gipl-front-neck2.jpg

Signing on fee or is that "Too Much?"

Yay, going for 55..

Signings like this merely confirms what I thought.

The ruling on King has affected us despite the board stating it wouldn’t.

Signings like this will definitely have the fans queuing up for the renewals in a few months

Our Interim Manager of 2 months has only been recently appointed Permanent Interim Manager (think just how ridiculous that sounds) until the end of the season. No player of even a reasonable standing is going to consider signing a deal longer than between now and the summer.

Put yourself in the position of a player who has Rangers as an option. Assuming no emotional tie to the club with a clear mind your looking at a club that does not know the meaning of stability.

Nobody should be expecting anything too exciting in this window.

Evidence of that is in the video above.

If we’re signing him on a 6 month deal for free to get a good look at him and see what we can get out of him then I’ve no issues with that.

Bare in mind Mark Allen will of seen this boy play countless times.

Agreed.

Pressure on Allen? John - a thumbs-up; Nemane - a thumbs-down.

Tough ask give our Budget V Expectation though.

Highly rated, decent left peg but Nicky Butt said when he left Man U he needed to play 'mens' football and he hasn't done that.

No point bringing him on loan when we have the likes of Barjonas waiting in the wings.

Seen alot of QPR fans consider him as deadwood and not good enough for their starting 11.

Suppose we should only judge him based on how he performs for us.

Back