Sean Goss joins on loan until end of season

I was one of the posters who was less than whelmed.

Delighted to be proved wrong and take any flak coming my way.

Fair play for admitting it, some other posters could take a leaf out of your book and hold their hands up.

Instead they call others arrogant for daring to give Goss a chance before writing him off completely.

It must be great to look back and point out the posters who got it wrong however you can't blame supporters because 9/10 we have got it wrong.
Thank goodness the 1/10 got it right, they must be true Rangers supporters.

It’s handy to see what the lunatic element within our support are slabbering about
Not going to report you mate just put you on ignore for this comment.

If your really a Rangers fan you should take a long hard look at yourself for calling a fellow fan a lunatic. No matter the topic that is un acceptable.

It must be great to look back and point out the posters who got it wrong however you can't blame supporters because 9/10 we have got it wrong.
Thank goodness the 1/10 got it right, they must be true Rangers supporters.

It’s not about being a true Rangers fan, it’s about not being so arrogant that you cannot accept that professionals hired by the club may know more than the fans who are calling for the manager or boards head simply because they haven’t heard of the players.

I’ve seen this board go mental about Smith returning, Signing Weir or signing Aluko and now Goss is added to the list. This thread has value if it reminds various posters that their knowledge of the entire player base available likely pales against those employed to recruit for the club.

You can be fairly certain they will be back flaming threads come the summer window rather than take their medicine.

I would have said probably more like Accies or Ross County.

A signing that sends out all the wrong signals to a long suffering support. We DON'T need numbers to make up our squad and occupy a seat on the sub bench, we need quality to improve our starting 11.

Well above is what I posted when the signing was announced - Goss's performances in a Rangers jersey make me look a right tit.

So glad I was completely wrong, to date the lad has been superb, hardly put a foot wrong. Never in a million years could I have imagined that he would be so good I would offer QPR £2M to keep him.

Well above is what I posted when the signing was announced - Goss's performances in a Rangers jersey make me look a right tit.

So glad I was completely wrong, to date the lad has been superb, hardly put a foot wrong. Never in a million years could I have imagined that he would be so good I would offer QPR £2M to keep him.

So would I but my worry is they want far more than that.

Just going to bump a few of these :D

Goss has turned out far better than probably 99% thought he would. Myself included.

My main concern was that we have no option to buy therefore it seemed a bit of a pointless signing and the type of loan deals that Thistle, Dundee etc make.

If we sign him in the summer then magic.

If we don’t, it’ll be a disappointment and as much as he’s been superb so far, it would mean during the loan spell he’ll have had the game time that a permanent player of ours could have had.

Also, those bumping the posts because some of were concerned at the number of loan deals we made. I’d maybe hold fire on the smart arse comments because as things stand, the players still belong to their parent clubs and not us. I’ll be delighted when/if they sign permanently in the summer

Goss has turned out far better than probably 99% thought he would. Myself included.

My main concern was that we have no option to buy therefore it seemed a bit of a pointless signing and the type of loan deals that Thistle, Dundee etc make.

If we don’t, it’ll be a disappointment and as much as he’s been superb so far, it would mean during the loan spell he’ll have had the game time that a permanent player of ours could have had.

It's hardly pointless if he is central to an improved team and on-the-field success. It also allows us time to work on finding a Summer acquisition if it's apparent a permanent deal will not happen.

That's the crux of the thread, though - negativity seen in every decision. There's no current player who could do the job Goss is doing. Just enjoy the way we are playing.

In fairness, given your posts on the McInnes thread, I don’t think you’re a poster that can be slagging others lol

FFs it’s a bit of light hearted fun I’ve slagged nobody so feel free to point out the “ slagging” !!

Re McInnes I was spot on in everything apart from him not taking the job and absolutely nobody seen that coming;)

Really dont see the point in this thread anymore other than people abuseing fellow fans.

Goss signed, loads thought it was a mistake now turns out he is a great player.

I for one im over the moon how he has turned out and would rather talk about that than abuse fans.

Every signing is a risk ffs.

Calling people lunatics is abuse mate, strange some on here are so into it.

let-me-offer.jpg

If we sign him in the summer then magic.

Also, those bumping the posts because some of were concerned at the number of loan deals we made. I’d maybe hold fire on the smart arse comments because as things stand, the players still belong to their parent clubs and not us. I’ll be delighted when/if they sign permanently in the summer
If you think getting a player who has made a massive difference to our team on loan for six months is pointless then you need a reality check.

If we supplement our first team with loan players that we would normally not be able to afford every season then I don’t see how it’s a negative thing. Just a sign of the times.

Queens Park Rangers boss Ian Holloway last night ripped into Rangers manager Graeme Murty - and slammed the door shut on his hopes of trying to land Sean Goss on a long-term deal.

Holloway hit out after Murty revealed the Ibrox club have placed Goss on a list of possible summer signing targets on the back of the 22-year-old’s impressive start to life in Scotland.

Former Manchester United kid Goss - who netted in a 4-1 romp at St Johnstone on Tuesday night - was secured on a short-term loan deal from Loftus Road in January after failing to break into Holloway’s top-team plans.

But Holloway has reacted furiously to Murty’s suggestion the player could yet be lured north more permanently – insisting Goss will be going nowhere this summer.

Klaxon, Record.

Not sure Murty saying this in the press was the right thing to do.

Not going to report you mate just put you on ignore for this comment.

If your really a Rangers fan you should take a long hard look at yourself for calling a fellow fan a lunatic. No matter the topic that is un acceptable.
You’d think someone that openly advertises the fact they’re from Cumbernauld would have thicker skin.

Queens Park Rangers boss Ian Holloway last night ripped into Rangers manager Graeme Murty - and slammed the door shut on his hopes of trying to land Sean Goss on a long-term deal.

Holloway hit out after Murty revealed the Ibrox club have placed Goss on a list of possible summer signing targets on the back of the 22-year-old’s impressive start to life in Scotland.

Former Manchester United kid Goss - who netted in a 4-1 romp at St Johnstone on Tuesday night - was secured on a short-term loan deal from Loftus Road in January after failing to break into Holloway’s top-team plans.

But Holloway has reacted furiously to Murty’s suggestion the player could yet be lured north more permanently – insisting Goss will be going nowhere this summer.

Klaxon, Record.

Not a single quote...

For a nano second I thought he had signed permanent.

Shite thread resurrection.
hahahaha, i wonder if this thread would've been back if he'd been playing crap...... for the record, i wasn't too impressed with a loan signing who had played two senior games, but the boy has proved me wrong...fair play...more of the same young Goss:D

Whoever bumped this thread, you are a bad man, a very, very bad man :D :D

Has barely played a professional game at 22. Hmmmm.

Yay, going for 55..

Signings like this merely confirms what I thought.

The ruling on King has affected us despite the board stating it wouldn’t.

Signings like this will definitely have the fans queuing up for the renewals in a few months

6 apps for QPR. Doubt he is a 1st team player!

Will be a pointless signing, if it happens. We seem to make a habit of those in January these days though.

This is the kind of signing a team like Aberdeen or Hibs make. Showing our ambition right enough. :rolleyes:

What would be the point of this signing?

Other than just another body in taking a wage.

Do we have any football strategy at all going on at Ibrox?

Instead of galvanising the support, more and more will be getting scunnered with it all if this is going through.

Last edited:
But Holloway responded: “I’m glad the boy is doing well. We bought him to be a good player - he is a good player - and I’m glad he’s getting the experience but he’s likely to come back and play for us. It’s as simple as that.

Holloway has opened fire on Murty (Image: PA)

The Rangers boss wants Goss to stay at Ibrox
“His future is at QPR. I bought him to be a QPR player. I’ve loaned him out when he’s never been loaned out before and I’m delighted he’s doing well but he won’t be getting sold.

“If Graeme has said he wants him permanently then that’s a bit of a silly statement because he is not for sale. You can’t buy someone who is not for sale.

“I’d imagine Graeme would speak to me about it at the right time. Graeme should do his job by speaking to me about my player.

“Graeme’s a good bloke but I’m pretty surprised he’s left himself open to this. I have no issue with him but the boy is not for sale.”

But Holloway responded: “I’m glad the boy is doing well. We bought him to be a good player - he is a good player - and I’m glad he’s getting the experience but he’s likely to come back and play for us. It’s as simple as that.

Holloway has opened fire on Murty (Image: PA)

The Rangers boss wants Goss to stay at Ibrox
“His future is at QPR. I bought him to be a QPR player. I’ve loaned him out when he’s never been loaned out before and I’m delighted he’s doing well but he won’t be getting sold.

“If Graeme has said he wants him permanently then that’s a bit of a silly statement because he is not for sale. You can’t buy someone who is not for sale.

“I’d imagine Graeme would speak to me about it at the right time. Graeme should do his job by speaking to me about my player.

“Graeme’s a good bloke but I’m pretty surprised he’s left himself open to this. I have no issue with him but the boy is not for sale.”

So, is he for sale then??

All that need to happen is for Goss to hand in a transfer request to QPR.

They could be dicks about it and price him out of our range, but if he refuses to go elsewhere just means they have an unhappy player.

I reckon we will get him for 2-3 million.

Quotes from QPR fans website:

'He's playing in the Scottish league chaps. I know championship is poor but minus Celtic that's league 2. I'd sell unless he looks like he could move up a few gears. Clint hill and Kranjar were there best players a few months ago so step away for a few mins.'

'This. Not a single person on here was upset when Goss got loaned out, so lets not use this as a reason to have another pop at Ollie. Goss was evidently sub-standard at Championship level atm - no doubt a player in there somewhere, but certainly not good enough atm.'

Klaxon, Record.

Why do they all write articles in that style? What's the fucking point?
"ripped in to" "slammed" "hit out" "reacted furiously"
Total pish.

Back