Season 1985-86 season review

Rangers Archive Footage

Rangers released the first season review video at the end of 1986-87 titled "That Championship Season"

I am putting together videos for each season from 1980 onwards where there was no official release, so 1980-81, 81-82, 82-83, 84-85, 85-85, 87-88 and 97-98.

The first of these, from 1985-86, is available here

It contains not only all the televised match footage from that year, but also TV News report from the AGM, Marlborough taking over, Jock Wallace departure and the unveiling of Souness.

Hope you enjoy, even though the season was not great!!

Rangers released the first season review video at the end of 1986-87 titled "That Championship Season"

I am putting together videos for each season from 1980 onwards where there was no official release, so 1980-81, 81-82, 82-83, 84-85, 85-85, 87-88 and 97-98.

The first of these, from 1985-86, is available here

It contains not only all the televised match footage from that year, but also TV News report from the AGM, Marlborough taking over, Jock Wallace departure and the unveiling of Souness.

Hope you enjoy, even though the season was not great!!
I was at every game home and away that season and it wasn't pretty especially after a reasonably good start
Thankfully the dark clouds lifted when the club unveiled GS and signalled that good times lay ahead

I was gutted when jock Wallace was sacked... as a13 yr old I was amazed a guy like souness came too us .
My recollection off 85- 86 was the last game of the season think it was v mwell and under 16s got in free am sure

That is absolutely brilliant, mate.

As disappointing a season as it turned out for us after such a promising start, it’s perversely one I remember fondly as I was at virtually every game, and some of the footage posted I haven’t seen since.

It was also a season of huge transformation, not just for us but for the whole of Scottish football, with Marlborough bringing in Holmes who in turn brought us The Magnificent Bastard.

Many thanks for putting this together. Some great memories there.

Look forward to seeing the rest.

Back in my days on the Kilmarnock Teddy Bears bus run by the unforgettable Jock Paterson.

Horrific on the park, bloody entertaining off it.

Oddly enough we had a not bad record against the yahoos that season.just got horses by Aberdeen and the rest:mad:
The game v hibs at Easter road that seen us go top at the start of the season was absolutely mental from start to finish.running battle on Easter road before the game,bears invaded part of the main stand that prompted a hibs pitch invasion and the game held up for 15-20 mins.

I watched this last night, I subscribe to OP on YouTube. Just to say thanks your collection of videos are fantastic.

The Hibs game at the start if I remember was delayed half an hour due to so many bears turning up and having a ball !!

I got into the game for nothing along with quite a few others. as someone kicked a turnstile in!!

A good part of the stand was shut due to a bomb hitting it or building work or just being a s*it heap, I remember it being an absolute tip.

Dougie Bell made his debut, I remember not knowing and thinking who was he .
We had only just signed him from the sheep the previous evening.

Was a dreadful season , although McCoist was top scorer in the league and should of gone to World Cup '86. He didn't due to Ferguson being a c*nt, and taking 5 strikers to Mexico all off form.

I watched this last night, I subscribe to OP on YouTube. Just to say thanks your collection of videos are fantastic.

The Hibs game at the start if I remember was delayed half an hour due to so many bears turning up and having a ball !!

I got into the game for nothing along with quite a few others. as someone kicked a turnstile in!!

A good part of the stand was shut due to a bomb hitting it or building work or just being a s*it heap, I remember it being an absolute tip.

Dougie Bell made his debut, I remember not knowing and thinking who was he .
We had only just signed him from the sheep the previous evening.

Was a dreadful season , although McCoist was top scorer in the league and should of gone to World Cup '86. He didn't due to Ferguson being a c*nt, and taking 5 strikers to Mexico all off form.

We used to do a first scorer sweep on the bus. That season Ally mostly wore number 7 for some reason, R7 must have paid out every couple of games.

was one of big jocks last games that season not a home defeat to spurs seem to think peter mccloy made a bit of a mistake at one of the goals

was one of big jocks last games that season not a home defeat to spurs seem to think peter mccloy made a bit of a mistake at one of the goals
Only 12,000 at that game, it was organized as we had f*ck all to play for after being knocked out in the Scottish Cup in the 3rd round by Hearts.

He was invited to resign the following day.

I was there, and it was bloody terrible.

Walker, Burns, Miller, Fraser, McPherson, Bell, McMinn, D Ferguson, McCoist, I Ferguson, Cooper
Substitutes Used, McKinnon, McCloy

I was allowed to go to my first game v Celtic that season, the 4 - 4 in March 86. Going from 3 - 1 down, and being called an effin jinx by my mate, to leading 4 - 3 was such a buzz, I was only 15 during that season and was the 1st when I started going on a semi regular basis. We finished 5th and most of that squad ended up with a League winners medal the following season.

Back