Season 92/93 v Sheep

McGill Bear

Don’t know if this has ever been discussed in season 92/93 Rangers beat Aberdeen in three different tournaments at four different venues. Twice at Ibrox in league 3-1 and 2-0,beat them again at Pittodrie 1-0 also beat them at Hampden 2-1 in League Cup Final and also at Parkhead 2-1 in Scottish Cup Final. Never known anything like this before at any level

August 92, at Ibrox is possibly the best forty-five minutes we played in our 'NIAR'.
Definitely right up there. I'm sure we were one nil down at half time. Roy Aitken of all people scored for the sheep. 2nd half we were absolutely outstanding with some cracking goals. 5 in a row treble winning season and my personal favourite of the whole NIAR run. A brilliant team we had that season.

Definitely right up there. I'm sure we were one nil down at half time. Roy Aitken of all people scored for the sheep. 2nd half we were absolutely outstanding with some cracking goals. 5 in a row treble winning season and my personal favourite of the whole NIAR run. A brilliant team we had that season.

Right on. Shirley scoring with a volley at the Rangers end in the first half.

We ran them ragged in the second half.

In addition to the many memories quoted above, a personal favourite of mine was Ian Ferguson`s thunderbolt in the rearranged game at the end of March.
A superb strike,and it broke them. Four weeks later,the league was won on my birthday( :) ) with games to spare. Great days indeed.

The away game at sheepville when Goram had the usual masterclass and big Hateley put them to the sword was the classic Walter Smith playbook which won us so many big games during 9iar.

Was that not the game where he nearly got nutmegged, but the ball him on the arse and he stopped it before it crossed the line?

Sometimes it pays not to have an athletic build! :)

Gorams keeper top in that 3-1 game. Was the reason he had to wear it cos our keeper tops clashed with their yellow one and our red one clashed with their outfield one?
Did he wear that classic adidas style shirt again and did it have the club badge and sponsor on it.
Looks like it was just a plain adidas shirt from the footage

Think it had the sponsor on it and no more.

Sure he wore it in a midweek game too.

Gorams keeper top in that 3-1 game. Was the reason he had to wear it cos our keeper tops clashed with their yellow one and our red one clashed with their outfield one?
Did he wear that classic adidas style shirt again and did it have the club badge and sponsor on it.
Looks like it was just a plain adidas shirt from the footage

It had a sponsor but no badge according to this blog, not sure why he was wearing it as he wore the normal yellow top in the next away game v Aberdeen.

As much as he was an old pish stained wank auld Gerry provided some great commentary memories during that period.

Probably my favourite season going to the games, the only games I missed that season were the Euro away games

Wish I had been old enough to remember Hately. Just looked the complete centre forward. No wonder the mentally challengeds were terrified of him.

Yeah always remember the goals from this game. Every single one in the same bottom corner. Durrant equalised and then sent Coisty through with a beautiful first time pass.
Epic celebrations as well from both for their goals.
It was just a fantastic time to be a Ranger!

I'm pretty sure that game was played in the August. We had played the filth at Ibrox the week before.

And has been said in another post, that particular Saturday gave us the last edition of the Saturday 'Pink Evening Times'.

And how did that scumbag Aitken stay on the pitch?

Well, there was a reason. The ratbag in black.

As an aide point, can we bring those goal frames and nets back!? Blue bars inside it and small squared netting. Brilliant!

Back